PDA

View Full Version : Cuero question

luvhoops34
08-22-2006, 11:18 PM
I was reading on another message board that a kid from Victoria transferred to Cuero because of some BS with one of the new asst coaches son getting the starting qb position at Memorial. Any truth to that? Anybody got the scoop on what's up at Victoria?

GreenGobbla
08-23-2006, 02:12 AM
i heard about that, but im not for sure...

Old Green
08-23-2006, 02:19 AM
I heard about it. Heard he is on the JV.

District303aPastPlayer
08-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I was reading on another message board that a kid from Victoria transferred to Cuero because of some BS with one of the new asst coaches son getting the starting qb position at Memorial. Any truth to that? Anybody got the scoop on what's up at Victoria?

he wouldnt start this year unless he is absolute BEAST STUD QB...

Gobbler Fan
08-23-2006, 04:32 AM
He is a JR. and will play JV this year for Cuero .

JT44
08-23-2006, 06:49 AM
The head coach at Victoria hired an assistant that most recently coached in the CFL, he also brought along his son. I believe his son played in Canada and at a prep school in Louisiana. Now the whole family is in Victoria b/c Dad got a new job? The complete story was on Dave Campbell website and it's probably more accurate than what I remember.

I think there are 3 transfers from Victoria to Cuero. One (a junior)seems to be in line to start on JV

Phil C
08-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Are we going to have to start putting up with stories now about Cuero recruiting kids out of Victoria similar to stories about other schools. :( :mad:

Old Green
08-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Are we going to have to start putting up with stories now about Cuero recruiting kids out of Victoria similar to stories about other schools. :( :mad: Naw !!!!
Check out the CC forums. Class 5A Victoria forum. Those Viper fans and players are tearing each other apart.;)

Gobbla2001
08-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I think people are just tired of the way the school etc... is ran at Victoria Memorial... the kids don't want to be there and the parents don't want their kids to be there...

Cuero is about 25 minutes away from Victoria and has good schools... the only thing closer are the private schools in Victoria or maybe Edna or Bloomington...

Gobbla2001
08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Also the HC over at Memorial is on the hot-seat big time... he's doing whatever he can to save his job I guess...

rumor is he brought the coach in JUST for his son... just a rumor, he can't seem to keep a coaching staff anyway, all gone the next year...

luvhoops34
08-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info Gobbla! :inlove:

Gobbla2001
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Cuero is about 25 minutes away from Victoria

most families stay living in Victoria while the kids go to Cuero...

Nursery is about 10 minutes outside of Victoria, a lot of Cuero students come from Nursery...

Old Green
08-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Nursery ISD only goes to the 6th grade. The ISD has a student transfer contract with Cuero ISD to take their students at a set tuition . The students can go to Victoria ISD if they want, but the students parents have to make up the difference in tuition paid to VISD which is several hundred dollars more.Tuition to attend VISD is several hundred dollars higher a year to attend than CISD. The majority of those kids attend Cuero ISD. The contracts have been in effect since the 80's.

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 03:49 PM
cuero can thank some nursery boys for their great football teams in the past.

luvhoops34
08-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I just think it's a shame that a school as big as VM can't get their act together.

When hoops jr was playing basketball Victoria jv girls went to a small tournament at Yorktown that we were participating in. My jaw dropped open when those girls walked in the gym! They were all dressed like hoods. Our coach makes our girls were either jeans and navy blue matching polo's or their basketball sweats to all games, depending on the weather.

Personally, I think they were better off when they had two high schools in Victoria than they are now.

mean_green
08-23-2006, 06:03 PM
The QB from Victoria is on JV and will remain there until next year.

luvhoops34
08-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I went over and read the CallerTimes Football Forums, lots of drama going on over there reguarding VM. Kinda funny that their coach would get so worked up over a few message board posts. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire....:evilgrin:

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I went over and read the CallerTimes Football Forums, lots of drama going on over there reguarding VM. Kinda funny that their coach would get so worked up over a few message board posts. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire....:evilgrin:

Ohhhh....I wanna read, there is nothing contraversial going on here!

So you have that link??

pirate4state
08-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

So you have that link??

here ya go (http://forums.caller.com/cgi-bin/WebX?caller-128@137.P00saduEfkY^5@.ee6ec65.ee74db5)

The Kracken
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM
its a shame because ive been to some VM football games and it just seems like with all the unhappy parents and kids they just cant get behind their football team like other towns do

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
here ya go (http://forums.caller.com/cgi-bin/WebX?caller-128@137.P00saduEfkY^5@.ee6ec65.ee74db5)

Thank ya ma'am!

Isn't it kinda sad that I ask for a contraversial site to look at .... and am look forward to reading it??

HM33
08-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
cuero can thank some nursery boys for their great football teams in the past.

I hear you on that one :)...Nursery boys are the best :P... A number of them started and played on the year they went to state ('04)

Old Green
08-23-2006, 07:24 PM

So you have that link?? here is a link:http://forums.caller.com/cgi-bin/webx?caller-13@@.ee6eb8f
go to 5A
Victoria Memorial
New QB Barfield

you may have to register to read it

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Just got through reading it.....that was FUN!!

I can't believe there was talk of getting an attorney involved for something said on a message board!!:eek: :eek:

luvhoops34
08-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Just got through reading it.....that was FUN!!

I can't believe there was talk of getting an attorney involved for something said on a message board!!:eek: :eek:

RedRage00 used to post over on allsports there's a big thread about VM over on RGV sports.

http://www.rgvsports.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005701