PDA

View Full Version : Why Never a HS football Power in Fort Worth?

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 08:20 PM
This is not really a 3A football thread, but I often wonder why the Ft. Worth ISD has never produced a real "football" power? The City of Ft. Worth is probably passing 600K in population, and you would think with those numbers to draw on, that some school, sooner or later, would produce champions year after year. Any guesses?

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This is not really a 3A football thread, but I often wonder why the Ft. Worth ISD has never produced a real "football" power? The City of Ft. Worth is probably passing 600K in population, and you would think with those numbers to draw on, that some school, sooner or later, would produce champions year after year. Any guesses?

They all go to Gilmer and Celina, goofy! :rolleyes:

mustang04
08-22-2006, 08:22 PM

well....after looking at demographs and other things...i would say alot of the athletic goods have the "i dont care attitude" and dont participate...

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

lol, Gobbla--you have been really jovial the last few days.....been visiting with Samuel Adams again? :D

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:27 PM
lol, Gobbla--you have been really jovial the last few days.....been visiting with Samuel Adams again? :D

No....

And It's Samuel Jackson :D

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
No....

the actor?

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
the actor?

Oh, maybe you haven't seen the Dave Chappell show... oops :(

yes the actor...

sinton66
08-22-2006, 08:42 PM

or Everman

neck_06
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
they all play basketball

slpybear the bullfan
08-22-2006, 08:50 PM
No....

SAMUEL JACKSON BEER! IT'L GET YOU DRUNK! YOU MIGHT EVEN FIGHT A..."

rofl!!!!!

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
or Everman

Or University of North Texas

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
SAMUEL JACKSON BEER! IT'L GET YOU DRUNK! YOU MIGHT EVEN FIGHT A..."

rofl!!!!!
haha

or get mad at them @#$@#$#$ snakes on that @#$@#$@#$@#$ plannnnne

neck_06
08-22-2006, 08:53 PM
haha

or get mad at them @#$@#$#$ snakes on that @#$@#$@#$@#$ plannnnne

that commercial is getting old. LOL!

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
that commercial is getting old. LOL!

welll...

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night :D

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 09:03 PM
O.k.---let's broaden the scope of the thread some in order to get the opinion of some more South Texas posters. Could the same question be asked about San Antonio and Corpus? As Bill O'Reilley says--"Show me where I'm wrong". Seems like most of the big school champs have come out of DFW and Houston the last few years.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:05 PM
O.k.---let's broaden the scope of the thread some in order to give the opinion of some more South Texas posters. Could the same question be asked about San Antonio and Corpus? As Bill O'Reilley says--"Show me where I'm wrong". Seems like most of the big school champs have come out of DFW and Houston the last few years.

Champs yes, but wasn't the original question about Powers?

CC Calallen...

Converse Judson

Smithson Valley

???

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Champs yes, but wasn't the original question about Powers?

CC Calallen...

Converse Judson

Smithson Valley

???

That's true Gobbla---I did originally ask about powers, and the 3 that you have listed certainly qualify. Give me a geography lesson--Is Judson in or around San Antonio and is SMithson Valley more in Centex? I know CC Calallen is in Corpus. Years ago, it was Ray who was the big dog in Corpus.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:19 PM
That's true Gobbla---I did originally ask about powers, and the 3 that you have listed certainly qualify. Give me a geography lesson--Is Judson in or around San Antonio and is SMithson Valley more in Centex? I know CC Calallen is in Corpus. Years ago, it was Ray who was the big dog in Corpus.

Converse is a suburb on loops 1604 of San Antonio...

Smithson Valley is 13 miles outside of SA I believe...

sinton66
08-22-2006, 09:22 PM
The 5A "power" in Corpus is CC Carroll. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be able to get past the SA Schools in the playoffs. There are only 3 5A schools in Corpus, Miller and Moody dropped to 4A.

sinton66
08-22-2006, 09:24 PM
O.k.---let's broaden the scope of the thread some in order to get the opinion of some more South Texas posters. Could the same question be asked about San Antonio and Corpus? As Bill O'Reilley says--"Show me where I'm wrong". Seems like most of the big school champs have come out of DFW and Houston the last few years.

Is Slpybear farming out his presidential duties?:D

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Is Slpybear farming out his presidential duties?:D

Since a couple of younguns, slpy has "farmed out" a whole lot of things, 66'.

Matthew328
08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Here are a few things to remember about FWISD.....like most big ISD's they are dealing with a lack of funds, facilities, smaller staffs and staffs that have to teach more classes than suburbs and a problem with the feeder schools....FWISD also seems to have a problem scheduling tough non-district opponents....DISD had that problem as well but lately they have upgraded the non-district schedules hence their better performance in the playoffs of late...check out the non-district schedules this year for FWISD....

Also another thing to keep in mind...the city of Fort Worth is growing but the ISD is not...in South Fort Worth the new developments are attendning Everman, Crowley and North Crowley....on the west side many students who live in the Ft Worth city limits are attending Brewer....in NW Fort Worth the new developments are attending Boswell, Saginaw and Lake Worth.....and in NE Fort Worth a lot of the new developments are attending Keller Fossil Ridge, Keller Central and Haltom..

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Here are a few things to remember about FWISD.....like most big ISD's they are dealing with a lack of funds, facilities, smaller staffs and staffs that have to teach more classes than suburbs and a problem with the feeder schools....FWISD also seems to have a problem scheduling tough non-district opponents....DISD had that problem as well but lately they have upgraded the non-district schedules hence their better performance in the playoffs of late...check out the non-district schedules this year for FWISD....

Also another thing to keep in mind...the city of Fort Worth is growing but the ISD is not...in South Fort Worth the new developments are attendning Everman, Crowley and North Crowley....on the west side many students who live in the Ft Worth city limits are attending Brewer....in NW Fort Worth the new developments are attending Boswell, Saginaw and Lake Worth.....and in NE Fort Worth a lot of the new developments are attending Keller Fossil Ridge, Keller Central and Haltom..

I knew of some of those problem areas, Matthew----thanks for doing a good job of summing it up. I hope with the continued growth that one of the Ft. Worth ISD schools can begin to build a winning tradition by being beneficary of some talent that does not re-locate to the suburbs.

Matthew328
08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Arlington Heights and Southwest both seem to be doing a good job.....but both still have a ways to go...Heights scrimmaged Everman on Saturday and they still have a ways to go...Everman destroyed them....Southwest has improved a lot over the past 3 years...I doubt their coach will stick around much longer....Western Hills is decent but they aren't good year in year out..

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
haha

or get mad at them @#$@#$#$ snakes on that @#$@#$@#$@#$ plannnnne Hilarious.

KTA
08-22-2006, 10:05 PM
They all go to Gilmer and Celina, goofy!

Dont forget about SLC