eagles_victory
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM
It seems out of all the major sports the NFL gets the most hype

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
well its the greatest sport in this country

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
It seems like it gets the most hype because it is a once a week event..so there are 6 days to pump up each week's worth of games.

AggieJohn
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
am i the only who's sees this poll all jacked up

spiveyrat
08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't think it is. I do think the Tour de France is over-hyped, though! :D

eagles_victory
08-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
am i the only who's sees this poll all jacked up how is it jacked up?

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 03:45 PM
i think the yankees and red sox are over-hyped. i think reggie bush is over-hyped. vince young has fallen off the planet all of a sudden. he actually had a decent second game. bush didnt do anything yet he cut on his inside foot so he's a football god.

STANG RED
08-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Some teams and players are over-hyped for sure, but I dont the NFL as a whole is. The networks that spend the huge money for the rights to carry the games, often over-hype certain games, in hopes of building interest, in an effort to justify what they are paying. And since they own the TV time, they can hype them all they want to I guess.

wedo
08-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i think the yankees and red sox are over-hyped. i think reggie bush is over-hyped. vince young has fallen off the planet all of a sudden. he actually had a decent second game. bush didnt do anything yet he cut on his inside foot so he's a football god.

yeah Reggie Bush is way over hyped!!! NFL or just football is Not over hyped at all !!! All of the other professional sports are way over hyped especially the NBA!!! And so is the World Cup!!!

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by wedo
yeah Reggie Bush is way over hyped!!! NFL or just football is over hyped at all !!! All of the other professional sports are way over hyped especially the NBA!!! And so is the World Cup!!!

Please tell me you are kidding about the WC. I dont think it gets hyped up enough. Not here in America anyways. You find out that it is coming up on ESPN like 2 weeks ahead of time. You know football is coming to ESPN a full 7-8 months ahead. Soccer is the WORLDS game and deserves to be hyped.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 04:46 PM
If you look at it that way then High School football is over hyped too!!

You hear way more about it, it brings in more money and has way more fans than any other High School sport.

That may not be true for ALL schools that have all the sports, but I would bet that it would be the great majority!!

3afan
08-22-2006, 05:36 PM
define "over hyped" ....... the definition is different for everyone

personally i dont think any sport/event is "over hyped" ..... 'cept maybe NYY/Bosox

wedo
08-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Please tell me you are kidding about the WC. I dont think it gets hyped up enough. Not here in America anyways. You find out that it is coming up on ESPN like 2 weeks ahead of time. You know football is coming to ESPN a full 7-8 months ahead. Soccer is the WORLDS game and deserves to be hyped.

IMO Soccer is really boring!!!! Sorry!!!

wos fan1
08-22-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah Reggie Bush is way over hyped!!! NFL or just football is over hyped at all !!! All of the other professional sports are way over hyped especially the NBA!!! And so is the World Cup!!! You got that right.

wedo
08-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
You got that right.

FINALLY SOMEONE THAT AGREES WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

wos fan1
08-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I got tired of hearing all the crap about Bush over how many yards???

TPlinebacker53
08-22-2006, 09:48 PM
football is the greatest sport, but they r startin to put in to many rules to protect everyone..i think they should just let em play

The Kracken
08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Look at TO way overhyped just about if hes gonna play or not

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2006, 09:57 PM
IMO Soccer is really boring!!!! Sorry!!!
Well, being boring is one thing..... ;)