PDA

View Full Version : IHStangFan & Cowbells Across America

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey everyone,

First of all, let me just say...I'm ready for some freakin football!! That being said, lemme just say that I'm sorry (for those who care) that I haven't been smackin the ole cowbell around quite like yall are used to this preseason. I started a new job in Houston that has put me on the road here recently. Just over 2 weeks ago I headed out of Houston and drove straight through to Kansas...went straight to the jobsite, no motel, etc. Fixed the problem there. Got in the truck, swung through McD's and headed back toward Houston. In route, I got a call to stop off in Pampa, TX for a job. Well, that turned into a fiasco. I ended up being there for DAYS waiting on a part...not because my dept. didnt send it to me...but because Fed Ex somehow translated Halliburton into Bell Helicopter and Pampa, TX to Amarillo, TX...so my package went to Bell in Amarillo instead of Halliburton in Pampa. Honest mistake :rolleyes: Idoits. ANYWAY....After we got that wrapped up in Pampa, I turned the truck towards Wyoming. Drove straight through to Rock Springs, WY. Completely tore down a system, and rebuilt it in one night. The sun came up, I went to the motel, got a nap, showered and turned the truck back towards Houston. We drove straight through. I then preceded home and got 6 hours of sleep. THEN I got into my personal truck and pointed her towards Arizona, to retrieve my girlfriend and our belongings. I was there for 3 days packing up the house, etc. We then drove straight through back to Houston. I went to bed and got up the next day to go to work. (This was Fri.) Sat. I was sent down to Cuero/Yoakum. I drove home that night and was sent back early the next morning and spent most of the day down there again. I dont know HOW many miles I've driven this month, but as of right now I have over 200 hours this month. On my first 2 week check I had 192.5 alone!!!! So needless to say, I've been busy, and haven't been around here all that much. Hope to be able to spend a little more time here and at some games once the season kicks off.

Thanks for your time :)