PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens and Hines Ward

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I just heard on the NFL Network that Hines Ward has missed the past two weeks for a hamstring just as Terrell Owens has but where is all the scrutiny on him? The media is rediculous.

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 10:13 AM
provide us with a history of him not practicing, having "mysterious injuries," and being a general overall pain in the *** to deal with...and then it will get media coverage. There are probably 30-40 guys right now that are out with hamstring injuries. However, there is only one with the above history of behavior...everybody's best friend TO!

neck_94
08-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Go Cowboys

Jason1725
08-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Unlike T.O. Hines Ward is a team player.

wedo
08-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Jason1725
Unlike T.O. Hines Ward is a team player.

T.O. hasn't been a big team player in the past but come on has long has he keeps his tantrums to a minimum and produced on sundays Parcells could care less!!!!!! Especially if he helps get them to a super bowl!!!!

Jason1725
08-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't care about the Cowboy's, the Steelers don't have T.O. type players. I found it obsurd you compared Hines to T.O. It's funny that the same guy who twice went to the star and disgraced it. Is so loved by Cowboy fans. He would have never did that at Heinz Field or Three Rivers and walked out. Better yet signed with the team after he did it.

DaHop72
08-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't care about the Cowboy's, the Steelers don't have T.O. type players. I found it obsurd you compared Hines to T.O. It's funny that the same guy who twice went to the star and disgraced it. Is so loved by Cowboy fans. He would have never did that at Heinz Field or Three Rivers and walked out. Better yet signed with the team after he did it. Oh my gosh, a "squealer" fan.

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
provide us with a history of him not practicing, having "mysterious injuries," and being a general overall pain in the *** to deal with...and then it will get media coverage. There are probably 30-40 guys right now that are out with hamstring injuries. However, there is only one with the above history of behavior...everybody's best friend TO!

i believe TO was the miracle man who came back 6 weeks after breaking his ankle. i don't see why espn is trying to make people believe he's faking it. they're just doing all they can to get TO to blow up cuz they don't want him to turn into a team player. they need the tantrums so they can keep reporting about the same stuff. god forbid if they have to come up with new material.

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
provide us with a history of him not practicing, having "mysterious injuries," and being a general overall pain in the *** to deal with...and then it will get media coverage. There are probably 30-40 guys right now that are out with hamstring injuries. However, there is only one with the above history of behavior...everybody's best friend TO! not to quote you or anything...but......true true.

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't care about the Cowboy's, the Steelers don't have T.O. type players. I found it obsurd you compared Hines to T.O. It's funny that the same guy who twice went to the star and disgraced it. Is so loved by Cowboy fans. He would have never did that at Heinz Field or Three Rivers and walked out. Better yet signed with the team after he did it. I wasn't comparing the two. I was just stating that the media now days are always looking for controversy and stiring up trouble.

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
First off TO is considered by most to be one of the hardest working WR if not player in the league. Anyone who thinks he is faking it is either biased or uninformed.

This is from Peter King http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/20/mmqb/1.html

When I saw Owens practice in Oxnard, Calif., at Cowboys camp last Wednesday (his first practice after missing 14 in a row because of a strained hammy), the first thing I noticed was that he couldn't get separation from any corner. Not the starters. Not the guys sure to be waived later this month. It was painfully obvious that Owens had a painful hamstring.

I do not buy that he's loafing or jaking it. The guy is legitimately hurt, in my opinion. Why, when a guy is trying to get back to the top of the football world, would he lie down for one of the most demanding coaches ever to pace a sideline? Even to Owens' demented way of thinking, that makes no sense.

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
maybe TO isnt very good anymore

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
maybe TO isnt very good anymore I hope that reply is rhetorical.

YBS
08-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm over TO before he even got to play a game. Cowboys fan for life but TO fan only when he straightens up and no matter the media hype he isn't doing his part right now. Hopefully, TO will get over himself.

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I'm over TO before he even got to play a game. Cowboys fan for life but TO fan only when he straightens up and no matter the media hype he isn't doing his part right now. Hopefully, TO will get over himself. What do you mean he isn't doing his part? He is rehabing a hamstring injury and trying to get out there to compete.

Keith7
08-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
I hope that reply is rhetorical.

He might be right, he hasn't played in almost a year, and he is gettin up in age..

He has "strained his hamstring" the past training camps too, but yet this isn't a trend.. T.O. is just gettin old

YBS
08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by TexasFight
What do you mean he isn't doing his part? He is rehabing a hamstring injury and trying to get out there to compete.

I might be cool with that if he wasn't wearing "Team Discovery" unis and bringing in his own medical staff. You can argue that the jersey is just in good fun and the he has had his own trusted medical staff for years, but that type of stuff is frowned upon even by guys who haven't had the "circus" type of environment Terrell has had.

TO reminds me of a bad, really hot girlfriend. Sure, she may be smokin' and you probably love the attention you get when you're first with her, but if you have to defend her in front of your friends constantly she's probably not worth being with.

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 07:24 PM
I think it is much like the Barry Bonds situation in baseball. Of course other people use steroids, but nobody seems to care about those other people. they just want Bonds. Why is that? Its because nobody likes bonds. He is rude to the media, always does things to piss people off, then says he doesnt care what they thing. Not many people like TO. TO does some of the very things Bonds does and says he doesnt care what people think about him. Hines Ward, on the other hand, is a very likeable person, or at least he comes off that way in all of his interviews. Nobody ever has a bad thing to say about him.

Jason1725
08-22-2006, 08:04 PM
I wasn't comparing the two. I was just stating that the media now days are always looking for controversy and stiring up trouble.

I know, I was in a hurry lol I didn't even spell absurd right. My question is who is gonna be the QB, Romo or Bledsoe?

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
It is Bledsoe's to lose.

TPlinebacker53
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
T.O.s a punk hines ward would lite him up too

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
bledsoe cant lose it with the receivers he has

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by TPlinebacker53
T.O.s a punk hines ward would lite him up too Do you know what kind of physical specimen Terrell Owens is?

tmac
08-22-2006, 09:52 PM
i agree with texas fight that was a stupid comment T.O. has accomplished WAY more individual wise and would kick the living $h!+ outta hines ward lol good joke tho

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 09:57 PM
http://greyhoundblog.free.fr/dotclear/images/terrell_owens.jpg