PDA

View Full Version : I've changed my mind about Reggie Bush...

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 09:28 AM
after last nights performance...

seven yards on four carries

GO REGGIE!

injuredinmelee
08-22-2006, 09:33 AM
He won the hiesman based on one game against a crappy team. VY should have been given the hardware.

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He won the hiesman based on one game against a crappy team. VY should have been given the hardware. Ditto.

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 09:47 AM
He won the hiesman based on one game against a crappy team. VY should have been given the hardware.
aww...come on now Rick. You know that's not the truth.

@ #24 Oregon - 20 carries for 122 yds, 2 TD's (one receiving), 6.1 yds/carry
@ #14 Arizona St - 17 carries for 158 yds, 2 TD's, 9.3 yds/carry
@ #9 Notre Dame - 15 carries for 160 yds. 3 TD's, 10.7 yds/carry
vs #16 Fresno St - 23 carries for 294 yds, 2 TD's, 12.8 yds/carry
vs #11 UCLA - 24 carries for 260 yds, 2 TD's, 10.8 yds/carry

He finished the year as the 3rd leading rusher in the country. He definitely had more than one good game against a weak team...a team that was ranked #16 at the time no less!

injuredinmelee
08-22-2006, 09:47 AM
I wish I could carry Applewhites love child.

GWOOD
08-22-2006, 09:50 AM
I wish I could carry Applewhites love child.

LOL. There are some people on here who are nuts and then there are those who are just plain sick.

Love your sense of humor, Injured.:clap:

Macarthur
08-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Man, I don't know about that, IM.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145158

He had over 2200 total yards at about 10 yards per touch and 18 TDs. I also assume you are talking about the Fresno game, but he also had 260 yards against UCLA and 195 total yards against ND and Ark.

If you read/hear some of the Cowboys defensive players after the game, they were very complimentary. I think he's going to be special.

HPLJ6L
08-22-2006, 10:45 AM
the bush has landed square into the graveyard of "professional" football. His career is effectively over barring a Steve Young type miracle. He will make the Saints hall of fame but it will be because of what he did in college. Lets talk some real football and not New Orleans Aints.

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
the bush has landed square into the graveyard of "professional" football. His career is effectively over barring a Steve Young type miracle. He will make the Saints hall of fame but it will be because of what he did in college. Lets talk some real football and not New Orleans Aints.

i respect your opinion but this thread has been created to discuss the marvels of Reggie Bush and my total sincere respect for the running back that is Reggie Bush. ;-)

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i respect your opinion but this thread has been created to discuss the marvels of Reggie Bush and my total sincere respect for the running back that is Reggie Bush. ;-)

kao, I admire your Reggie Bush man crush! ;)

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
kao, I admire your Reggie Bush man crush! ;)

why thank you very much. I'm still in awe of your signature. I'm still trying to find out what the crap that team is doing defensively in the secondary....especially up top!

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 11:03 AM
why thank you very much. I'm still in awe of your signature. I'm still trying to find out what the crap that team is doing defensively in the secondary....especially up top!

umm....they are about to give up a 45 yard run that sets up the state championship winning field goal!!! :D

Also, I just noticed that their DL guys are almost 2 yards off the LOS. That is crazy!!! :eek:

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 11:07 AM
yeah...that is wild. how much time was left? are they in a prevent?

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
umm....they are about to give up a 45 yard run that sets up the state championship winning field goal!!! :D

Also, I just noticed that their DL guys are almost 2 yards off the LOS. That is crazy!!! :eek:

they were trying to contain keenum retard. and there was like 50 seconds left at the time.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2006, 12:27 PM
:eek: did u see how fast he was to the outside, but only thing is DE Ware was just as fast to the outside:D Welcome to the NFL;)

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
theres an awesome picture in espn the magazine of reggie getting stood over by chris hope after he laid him out

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
they were trying to contain keenum retard. and there was like 50 seconds left at the time.

I know what they were trying to do. However, when your DL isn't even going to engage Wylie's OL (along with the 2 backs pushed up into protection) don't you think it would be hard to contain him when the OL gets a running start at putting your DL guys on their backsides??? Yeah...I think so...retard!!! :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 12:47 PM
yeah...that is wild. how much time was left? are they in a prevent?

It was 3rd and 9...tie game...about :45 seconds left. It's hard to say if it was a prevent from the picture because their secondary looks quite confused on how to matchup against 3 receivers.

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:47 PM
yeah a running start so that means yall's linemen were downfield and a penalty should have been called. they were tired and didnt want to get caught offsides. if you watch the play our d-line still collapsed the pocket but keenum managed to escape and race down the sideline.

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:eek: did u see how fast he was to the outside, but only thing is DE Ware was just as fast to the outside:D Welcome to the NFL;)

remember though...he wasn't going to the outside. He was lined up as a slot receiver and was thrown a bubble screen pass. Like you said, Ware made a great play and was out there in a heartbeat. This was the only play that I watched...and it was a great one for the Cowboys!!!

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:48 PM
also if u look at the yard marks on the field they are only a yard off the line of scrimmage

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 12:55 PM
yeah a running start so that means yall's linemen were downfield and a penalty should have been called. they were tired and didnt want to get caught offsides. if you watch the play our d-line still collapsed the pocket but keenum managed to escape and race down the sideline.

There would not have been a penalty if a) they are only 2 yards past the LOS (as they are in the picture) or b) Keenum was out of the pocket and scrambling...as was the case.

Either way, why wouldn't you have your DL closer to the LOS and allow your LB's to spy Keenum to both sides? The two guys that appear to be LB's (there could be a 3rd but it's hard to tell what they are doing) are right up the middle...not exactly where I would want my guys lining up at if they are indeed going to effectively spy Keenum...who everybody knew was fully capable of scrambling to either side of the field. In fact, he did run to both sides of the field in that play while still behind the LOS before taking off down the Wylie sideline and cutting back across the field.

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:58 PM
we didnt have any timeouts left and im guessing our linebackers were clueless

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
we didnt have any timeouts left and im guessing our linebackers were clueless

defintely understandable how there could be some confusion in the last minute of a state championship game.