PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood quarterback

Snydertigersrul
08-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know how serious the Greenwood quarterback got injured in the scrimmage against Monahans? I read in the Midland newspaper that he injured his knee and was scheduled for a MRI. Maybe Ranger Mom can help us out.

DaHop72
08-22-2006, 07:09 AM
From what I understand, he tore his ACL and will be out for the season.

Snydertigersrul
08-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
From what I understand, he tore his ACL and will be out for the season.

That was what I was afriad of. I watched him play against Snyder the last two years and he is a very good quarterback and athlete. I bet he will come back strong next year.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes, from what I hear, he is done for this season!:(

I'm hearing pretty good things about the back-up though. If I remember correctly, he was the JV QB last season.

It's still a hard pill to swallow though!

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 08:40 AM
didn't this same thing happen to Greenwood a few years ago where they lost their QB early?

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
didn't this same thing happen to Greenwood a few years ago where they lost their QB early?

Yes, in a scrimmage against Ozona...but he broke his leg.

As a matter of fact, that was when Colton Wilber (GW QB) was a freshman and he was just thrown to the lions that season.

We alternated 3 QB's in that first game against Abilene Wylie, I think by the Snyder game or maybe Andrews, Wilber had his starting position.

I was hoping for a breakout year from him this season!!

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 08:52 AM
that's so ironic it's almost scary. One QB has a leg injury and he gets to play...and now a few years later a leg injury is what ends his season!!! :eek:

VWG
08-22-2006, 08:56 AM
That is terrible. Is he a senior?

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that's so ironic it's almost scary. One QB has a leg injury and he gets to play...and now a few years later a leg injury is what ends his season!!! :eek:

I know....and it seems like longer, but it was just actually 2 years ago.

Wilber is a jr. this year!

Chris Hart
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
That's terrible. If he's just half as talented as his brother, he is a good one. That's tough luck, for sure...

VWG
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know....and it seems like longer, but it was just actually 2 years ago.

Wilber is a jr. this year!

That is good that he is a junior, at least he will have one more year left. The kid play any other sports.... hoops, baseball, etc...

GWOOD
The word out is that it is not very good but nothing official yet from the coaches.

If it does turn out to be a season ending injury he will be sorely missed. The kid was offensive MVP for 3-3A as a sophomore last year. He has grown a couple of inches and added 10-15 pounds and increased his 40 time since then.

We do have a lot of good athletes on this team though--defense looked great at the Monahans scrimmage and three of our offensive lineman are three year starters!

The coaches actually have three choices for QB - senior who played QB for his age group 7th - JV; senior who played varsity QB for a 2A school as a soph; and a junior who was QB for the 7th & 8th B team and QB for the freshman and JV teams the last two years and who did a good job filling in for Wilber in the scrimmage.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
The word out is that it is not very good but nothing official yet from the coaches.

If it does turn out to be a season ending injury he will be sorely missed. The kid was offensive MVP for 3-3A as a sophomore last year. He has grown a couple of inches and added 10-15 pounds and increased his 40 time since then.

We do have a lot of good athletes on this team though--defense looked great at the Monahans scrimmage and three of our offensive lineman are three year starters!

The coaches actually have three choices for QB - senior who played QB for his age group 7th - JV; senior who played varsity QB for a 2A school as a soph; and a junior who was QB for the 7th & 8th B team and QB for the freshman and JV teams the last two years and who did a good job filling in for Wilber in the scrimmage.

The last one you mentioned is who I am talking about. I hadn't heard a thing about Washington, but I think he could play anywhere they put him on the field.

I can't think of the first senior you mentioned though!

GWOOD
08-22-2006, 09:25 AM

I can't think of the first senior you mentioned though!

Stewart

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Stewart

Hmmm....so he decided to play afterall??

I need to get some better sources!!:D

VWG
08-22-2006, 08:15 PM
I thought M. Washington was the running back?

Ranger Mom
08-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I thought M. Washington was the running back?

Well...he may be the QB now. I am anxious to see the scrimmage Thursday and see what the coaches do.

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Well...he may be the QB now. I am anxious to see the scrimmage Thursday and see what the coaches do.

Wilber's injury changes the district race. Greenwood will still be competitive, but they lost their best offensive player. Washington also is a very good athlete and will do well, but Greenwood won't be the force on offense without Wilber. Sometimes situations like this causes other players to come out of no where. Snyder looks more like the district champion now while Greenwood will be in a fight with Andrerws for second place. That is a good example how one injury can change everything. I hope he comes back s trong next year because he is a very good player and heard that he is a good kid.

oh well
08-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Wilber's injury changes the district race. Greenwood will still be competitive, but they lost their best offensive player. Washington also is a very good athlete and will do well, but Greenwood won't be the force on offense without Wilber. Sometimes situations like this causes other players to come out of no where. Snyder looks more like the district champion now while Greenwood will be in a fight with Andrerws for second place. That is a good example how one injury can change everything. I hope he comes back s trong next year because he is a very good player and heard that he is a good kid.

District is a long way off. With coments like that it is no wonder people react to your comments the way the do. I also wished this topic was not being discussed in open forum I do not feel this kids injury should be on here that is my opinion but some seem to want this to be the National Enq. (Snydertigersrul) at the top of the list..................

BMOC
08-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Point well made Oh Well. It's nice to talk about teams in general, but don't rave on player's injuries. another point, football is a team sport, and one player is not going to CHANGE the district race. Shows how much you know about the game Snydertigersrul!!!

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
Point well made Oh Well. It's nice to talk about teams in general, but don't rave on player's injuries. another point, football is a team sport, and one player is not going to CHANGE the district race. Shows how much you know about the game Snydertigersrul!!!

That was why I hadn't brought it up on here, but when someone else did, I felt I needed to respond.

VWG
08-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't think that talking about a player's injury is taboo.
If GJ Kinne goes down I am sure the down low would hear about it.
It's a tough break for the kid, and I hope he has a very speedy recovery.
Any injury to any key player could be reported on this site. Not to say it should, but news travels fast nowadays.
If we are going to talk 3A football and everything that affects it, then injuries are a part of the game.

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Looking back over the thread....the injury isn't really what's being discussed. It's who's gonna step in FOR the injured player.

I am really looking forward to tomorrows scrimmage. (keeping my fingers tightly crossed that NO ONE ELSE gets hurt)!

GWOOD
08-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Any injury to any key player could be reported on this site. Not to say it should, but news travels fast nowadays.
If we are going to talk 3A football and everything that affects it, then injuries are a part of the game.

I'm with you VWG. I don't think anything inappropriate was said on this thread. It is a real issue that Greenwood has to respond to--as did Sweetwater last year when Carillo went down with a knee injury. I hope we can fill in as nicely as they did for those games Carillo was out.

GWOOD
08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Here's the story from this morning's Midland paper

Ranger QB Wilber to miss season (http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17098348&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6)

STANG RED
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by VWG

I agree completely. Nothing has been said out of line that I can see. Some people are just a little too sensitive I think.
Even Snydertigersrul made good comments, that werent out of line at all, as far as I could tell.