PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park Scrimmage

KTA
08-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Now dont go bashing me if im wrong, but I heard they got smashed by Decatur 8-0.

sweetwater07
08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by KTA_KTA_KTA
Now dont go bashing me if im wrong, but I heard they got smashed by Decatur 8-0.

ouch....we play them the 3rd week..(Decatur)

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
IP lost a lot of starters last year and will need all of the non-district games to get the younger ones ready.

Decatur does play Vernon in non-district and the Lions are looking good. Should be a good test for both teams.

Stownhorse
08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
IP lost a lot of starters last year and will need all of the non-district games to get the younger ones ready.

Decatur does play Vernon in non-district and the Lions are looking good. Should be a good test for both teams.

vernon tied a 2 a team in a scrimmage how is that lookin good? unless Ballinger is a Juggernaut and im thinkin they arent

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
i hope cuero doesnt have to play any good teams so they can go deep in the playoffs again. im glad all the good teams are up north and we dont have to worry about them until state.

Stownhorse
08-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i hope cuero doesnt have to play any good teams so they can go deep in the playoffs again.

hahahah yea me to...SIKE

sweetwater07
08-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
hahahah yea me to...SIKE

LOL...i don't want to hear about, see, or even think about Cuero in the playoffs

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-21-2006, 10:28 PM
From the write up in the paper Vernon's ground game was rolling. Of course we are very much like Swater and don't pass unless we have too!

Vernon will have a good team this year. They were very young last year and they have key players back. They also have some speedy backs.

Whiteside (FB) will probably be a DI recruit.

KTA
08-22-2006, 02:39 AM
Vernon will have a good team this year

I think the district will fold out like this

Burk
Vernon
Graham
IP
Hirsh

Back to the IP scrimmage 8-0 is a killing no matter who you are

VWG
08-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Green Monster reported the scrimmage was 2-2 and then Decatur hung three quick TD's on Iowa Park. So.. that would make it 5 TD's to 2 for Iowa Park. Not 8-0..... anybody got any confirmation on this?

Macarthur
08-22-2006, 08:41 AM
That's what GM said. I would think his report would have been very different if it were 8-0.

IP is young and will need some time to gel. I wouldn't count out Ellis. He has a knack for getting his team ready for district. It's looking like Vernon will be the class of the district and everyone else will fight it out for the next two spots. I think it will be Vernon, IP & Burk.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Sweetwater comes to Vernon for a scrimmage this friday. I'll be there to check it out.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Like you guys I wouldn't count out the Hawks either. Should make for some good games this year.

I think Graham will also do much better this year with a year under their belt in this new system.

Burk will also be in the mix. So if any one of these teams slips up it may cost them a playoff trip.

Hirschi also has to beat someone sometime. Who is it going to be?

Adidas410s
08-22-2006, 09:17 AM

They beat themselves most games! :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
sad sad sad how far hirschi has fallen.

VWG
08-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
sad sad sad how far hirschi has fallen.

Amen to that brother. If you look up WF Hirschi's football w-l records back from say.... 1983 to 1992 most people who didn't know their history would be shocked. They were the best team in Wichita Falls for several years.

sweetwater07
08-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Like you guys I wouldn't count out the Hawks either. Should make for some good games this year.

I think Graham will also do much better this year with a year under their belt in this new system.

Burk will also be in the mix. So if any one of these teams slips up it may cost them a playoff trip.

how far is vernon from sweetwater...i would like to make this scrimmage

Stownhorse
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

me 2 seein how it is almost in oklahoma

sweetwater07
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
me 2 seein how it is almost in oklahoma

i thought it was by like haskell and munday...

Stownhorse
08-22-2006, 09:50 PM
no its maybe 10 miles from oklahoma

wildstangs
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Vernon is in between Childress and Wichita Falls. From Sweetwater, your looking at a 2.5-3 hour trip.

KTA
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
It's looking like Vernon will be the class of the district and everyone else will fight it out for the next two spots.

Hows that? Because they have a good backfield? Burk will win this district, that stud rb cant be stopped (head and shoulders better then those Vernon rb's), also heard that they got a transfer from lawton, hes supposed to be a jr QB.

fury900
08-22-2006, 10:02 PM

Sweetwater, TX 79556
to
Vernon, TX 76384

Distance: 162 mi (about 3 hours 38 mins)

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Vernon is exactly 2 hours from Abilene. So I would say 2 1/2 hours from Sweetwater. May give yourself 3 hours if it is your first time. All backroads brother! Watch for deer and hogs and cows and everything else.

PM me if your for sure going to come and I will meet up with you guys.

Z~

injuredinmelee
08-23-2006, 12:13 AM
It is an easy trip to Vernon from Sweetwater. Dont let them scare you off.

injuredinmelee
08-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Amen to that brother. If you look up WF Hirschi's football w-l records back from say.... 1983 to 1992 most people who didn't know their history would be shocked. They were the best team in Wichita Falls for several years.

I believe that Hirschi went something like 11 straight years makign the playoffs in 4a. They were the only consistent school in WF. Wasnt the coaches name Gage? I want to say that is right. They had some superb football players.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
(head and shoulders better then those Vernon rb's), also heard that they got a transfer from lawton, hes supposed to be a jr QB.

I saw him play last year and he is a very good runner however, not head and shoulders above Whiteside. Obviously you haven’t seen Whiteside play. Well stay tuned.

Burk has failed to show me anything in the past. They have a decent team every year but they also get beat by Vernon and IP regularly and that was when they were 4A.

Burk has to prove they can beat Graham, Vernon and IP and until that happens this year I’m reserve about the Bulldogs. Don’t get me wrong I think they will be in the mix but they have to show me something first before I jump all the way on the bandwagon. Remember that Burk is a basketball school.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Thr trip from Vernon to Abilene is an easy drive except for those valleys where the deer are. You have to drive slow through there. (I will be in Abilene Saturday for the HSU scrimmage).

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 12:18 AM
I believe that Hirschi went something like 11 straight years makign the playoffs in 4a. They were the only consistent school in WF. Wasnt the coaches name Gage? I want to say that is right. They had some superb football players.

They have had the worst luck. They will win one this year and may even sneak up on one of the other teams in district.

GreenMonster
08-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Wasnt the coaches name Gage?

I believe it was Paige. He ran a tight ship over there for quite a few years. He retired and they hired a Hirschi Alum to take over. He flopped. Then Eddleman was brought in and he had success. A couple of deep play-off runs with a mediocre overall record. Unfortunately, Eddleman has a bad habit of wearing out his welcome pretty quick (the guy is a jerk) and he left town quickly and quietly. They replaced him with a first-time head coach that was in over his head. (He came from being the O-Coordinator at 2A Boyd) Suggs was his name I think. This is where the really really bad times began. He was followed by Brett Alexander. Alexander had prior Head coaching experience at Dallas Carter. I believe it was only 1 year at Carter. Not sure why he left there but his record wasn't real good if I recall correctly. The guy there now is a first time head coach that grew up in Gainesville and played a little college ball somewhere. He was most recently the D-Coordinator at a school in Killeen I believe. He's young, energetic, and has a chance. He's definitely got the odds stacked in his favor of breaking out of the L collumn at some point in the season if you are a believer in the "Due" theory. I have no idea what kind of disciplinarian he is, but that is exactly what it will take to get Hirschi back on the rise. If he can win over a few key kids and maintain discipline at the same time he could very possibly be sitting on a juggernaut. **On a side note** Hirschi lost it's best returning running back. He moved over to WF City View. I know this to be true because a very close friend of mine is now coaching at City View.

VWG
08-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I believe it was Paige. He ran a tight ship over there for quite a few years. He retired and they hired a Hirschi Alum to take over. He flopped. Then Eddleman was brought in and he had success. A couple of deep play-off runs with a mediocre overall record. Unfortunately, Eddleman has a bad habit of wearing out his welcome pretty quick (the guy is a jerk) and he left town quickly and quietly. They replaced him with a first-time head coach that was in over his head. (He came from being the O-Coordinator at 2A Boyd) Suggs was his name I think. This is where the really really bad times began. He was followed by Brett Alexander. Alexander had prior Head coaching experience at Dallas Carter. I believe it was only 1 year at Carter. Not sure why he left there but his record wasn't real good if I recall correctly. The guy there now is a first time head coach that grew up in Gainesville and played a little college ball somewhere. He was most recently the D-Coordinator at a school in Killeen I believe. He's young, energetic, and has a chance. He's definitely got the odds stacked in his favor of breaking out of the L collumn at some point in the season if you are a believer in the "Due" theory. I have no idea what kind of disciplinarian he is, but that is exactly what it will take to get Hirschi back on the rise. If he can win over a few key kids and maintain discipline at the same time he could very possibly be sitting on a juggernaut. **On a side note** Hirschi lost it's best returning running back. He moved over to WF City View. I know this to be true because a very close friend of mine is now coaching at City View.

Hirschi's demise also began when WF City View opened up and the choice plan moved in for Old High, Rider, and Hirschi.

injuredinmelee
08-23-2006, 10:05 AM
The Vernon running back made at the time the best run I had seen all season when they played Wylie. The only other run that topped it last year that I saw was Keenums against Gainesville.

KTA
08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I saw him play last year and he is a very good runner however, not head and shoulders above Whiteside. Obviously you haven’t seen Whiteside play. Well stay tuned.

I seen him play last year against Graham

Burk has failed to show me anything in the past. They have a decent team every year but they also get beat by Vernon and IP regularly and that was when they were 4A.

The only team they got beat by in this new district last year was Vernon. And we all know how crazy this district was last year, the district was wide open. Dont expect a whole lot out of Graham, but ill let yall know more about them after the scrimmage tommorow.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I seen him play last year against Graham

The only team they got beat by in this new district last year was Vernon. And we all know how crazy this district was last year, the district was wide open. Dont expect a whole lot out of Graham, but ill let yall know more about them after the scrimmage tommorow.

I was thinking that Graham would be much impoved this year. Yes, let me know what you think after watching them.

Vernon will get a good test Friday against Sweetwater. I'll be at that one to see how they look.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Whiteside is a very good back. Not that speedy though just a very tough runner. Somewhat like Bubba Hall (Vernon) of two years ago but I think Whiteside is a harder runner. From what I have heard from my highschool age kids several colleges spoke with him last year.

I'll find out more about that at the scrimmage.

I'm not dissing on Nate as he is a very good back also just don't forget about Whiteside. :)

sweetwater07
08-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I was thinking that Graham would be much impoved this year. Yes, let me know what you think after watching them.

Vernon will get a good test Friday against Sweetwater. I'll be at that one to see how they look.

if our OL doesn't get the vagisil off their cleats..vernon is going to run all over us....so far...thats our weakness

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 10:46 PM
if our OL doesn't get the vagisil off their cleats..vernon is going to run all over us....so far...thats our weakness

That is what these scrimmages are for...to get it down before they count. I'm excited to see the mustangs as they have the speed to break one on you anytime. I hope they don't break a lot of them but I wouldn't mind seeing one long one just for the excitement of the thing! The Lions are like a road grader. Just a few yards at a time and hope for no mistakes.

KTA
08-23-2006, 11:25 PM
also just don't forget about Whiteside.

You homer lol :p

From what ive been hearing Grahams O-line is going to be the question mark, they take on WF Rider (4A #10) so that should be a good test to see where they stand.