PDA

View Full Version : Celina Details?

Bullaholic
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
The Bulls scrimmage Celina this Thurs. night. Anybody got any info on this year's Celina team that they would want to share? I know they will be well prepared and coached, their players will be in great shape, and they will be more fundamentally sound than most teams. In past scrimmages against them, they are a "machine" on offense and march relentlessly down the field unless you put together several good defensive plays. The 06' Bulls have looked "sharper" earlier this year than I have seen them in several years. The QB is "zipping" his passes on target and the receivers are running accurate routes, have caught most passes, and have some pretty good speed. We have some very "large" shoes to fill at RB with the graduation of Colin Jones. We had some bad luck at RB this past week---the player slated to be Colin's replacement broke his ankle in practice, and we are searching for his replacement. The Bull "D" is quicker, more experienced, and improved over last season and made 4 ints during last week's scrimmage against Paradise. If the Bull "D" can hold off Celina's running attack, I think the Bull "O" can move the ball well against Celina. I think the Bull "O" again has the potential to "light up" just about anybody this year---it will come down to if the "D" can hold the other teams below 20 pts. or so, the Bulls could win quite a few and be in the playoff hunt a few rounds deep. We'll know a lot more about the 06' Bulls after Thurs against a great team like Celina.

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
I am trying to remember the last time Celina scored less than 20.

Chris Hart
08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
I saw on another site that Bridgeport lost their scrimmage against Paradise last week. I know you don't really play for the score in a scrimmage, but is it true, and if so what was the problem Bull? I know the Bulls should be good this year, was just curious as to how their scrimmage went? Is Paradise that good? Thanks...

Not intending to Hijack the thread either....;)

kepdawg
08-22-2006, 12:59 AM
I will refer you to the post I made after attending Celina's scrimmage on Saturday.

Look Here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48838)

Directions to the stadium:

1. Head east on 380 to 289
2. Turn left/north onto 289
3. Head north on 289 to 455
4. Turn left/west onto 455
5. Find somewhere to park
6. Be careful crossing the street
7. Enter stadium

kepdawg
08-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I am trying to remember the last time Celina scored less than 20.

Week 8: Gainesville 44 Celina 14

Week 7: Celina 17 Pilot Point 6

3afan
08-22-2006, 06:28 AM
bull ------------- tomorrow Celina will be #1 in the DMN poll and there will be some info on them ...

Gsquared
08-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic Bull, I saw em sat night. They looked pretty solid as usual but its hard to tell from one scrimmage. To me, it looks like they arent going to be able to just line up and completely over power alot of the teams like they did last year. They dont look quite as big and strong up front as they did. Defensivly, they look like they have alot of improving to do (who doesnt after only one scrimmage). Defensivly, they went to a split when Argyle came out in the spread and have some difficulty stopping some things up the gut.

The Bulls scrimmage Celina this Thurs. night. Anybody got any info on this year's Celina team that they would want to share? I know they will be well prepared and coached, their players will be in great shape, and they will be more fundamentally sound than most teams. In past scrimmages against them, they are a "machine" on offense and march relentlessly down the field unless you put together several good defensive plays. The 06' Bulls have looked "sharper" earlier this year than I have seen them in several years. The QB is "zipping" his passes on target and the receivers are running accurate routes, have caught most passes, and have some pretty good speed. We have some very "large" shoes to fill at RB with the graduation of Colin Jones. We had some bad luck at RB this past week---the player slated to be Colin's replacement broke his ankle in practice, and we are searching for his replacement. The Bull "D" is quicker, more experienced, and improved over last season and made 4 ints during last week's scrimmage against Paradise. If the Bull "D" can hold off Celina's running attack, I think the Bull "O" can move the ball well against Celina. I think the Bull "O" again has the potential to "light up" just about anybody this year---it will come down to if the "D" can hold the other teams below 20 pts. or so, the Bulls could win quite a few and be in the playoff hunt a few rounds deep. We'll know a lot more about the 06' Bulls after Thurs against a great team like Celina.

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Week 8: Gainesville 44 Celina 14

Week 7: Celina 17 Pilot Point 6

guess that answered that

PPHSfan
08-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
guess that answered that

Wonder how many other teams have to go back that far to see when they scored less than 20.

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 08:37 AM
who knows....i dont have the time or the want to research..

Fletch
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
The Bulls usually have success throwing against Celina in their traditional scrimmage. This year should be no exception. They better not take too long to make the throw though!

Argyle had some success last week on timing patterns. Good QB and receiver combo. Couldn't run though.

Should be a good exercise for both teams.

kaorder1999
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
and I never once said Celina didnt deserve what they have earned. Should they be number 1 in 3A in the area after coming up from 2A. Not in my opinion when you have Dallas Madison who is returning 14 starters, including possibly the best running back in Texas, from a team that lost to the eventual state champs.

Bullaholic
08-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I saw on another site that Bridgeport lost their scrimmage against Paradise last week. I know you don't really play for the score in a scrimmage, but is it true, and if so what was the problem Bull? I know the Bulls should be good this year, was just curious as to how their scrimmage went? Is Paradise that good? Thanks...

Not intending to Hijack the thread either....;)

Chris...Here is an account of the scrimmage posted by "Bear" on the "Friday Night Fever" site which tells a little more about Paradise this season:

Bport/Paradise Scrimmage

First off let me say Paradise is very impressive with their size. They are huge! I really expected Paradise to blow Bport off the field tonight. That didn't happen.

Offensivley for Paradise they are going to have to protect the football. Of course that is what scrimmages are for, for practice. I believe Paradise had 4 interceptions and about 3 fumbles on offense. They had that problem early in the season last year and they got past it, I am sure they will do the same this season. Josh Erwin is a very good QB with a good arm. He is going to have a big year. Offensive line is really big and I seen them really go at a very big Bport defense. Early in the scrimmage it was a good battle. Toward the end of the scrimmage the Pradise big guys seemed to wear down. Defensivley Paradise looked Ok. Again they are big but surprisingly were not able to get very consistent pressure on the QB. I think on the night they had 3 sacks. That speaks highly of how well Bports offensive line played. I wont bother to talk about the 2nd teams other then just to say both squads have depth on both sides of the ball..

For Bport, they have size on this years squad as well. Defensively was what I was most impressed with. They are definatley much improved. They got much bigger and seemed to have gained speed as well. The secondary looks leaps and bounds better then last season which was evident of the 4 INT's. Paradise broke a long run TD late in the scrimmage and I was surprised to see Taylor Schuett almost chase down the Paradise speedster. Schuett put on 40 to 45lbs since last seson but appparently didn't lose any speed. This is funny but for a few year now in Bport the defense has been suspect and the offense has gotten them deep into the playoffs. I think the offense is suspect this year. Its obvious that RB is going to be an issue. They ran a couple different options out there tonight. The sooner they find a solution to that the better. RB by commitee may be the best option. The passing game looked alot better in the offensive second series of plays as Durbin started to consistently find the open receivers. The big surprise in Bport is the kicking game. They went 2 for 3 and really have a competition for the starting job. (Just to think 2 out of 7 last year would have gotten one game deeper).

Bport scored 3 TDs and Paradise scored 3 Td's. These scrimmages really mean nothing but I was surprised by the outcome in this one.

[Edited on 20-8-2006 by Bear]

Chris Hart
08-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks Bull! That's what i was looking for, it seems as if the Bulls will be just fine. The offense will come around, we all know that. But, what would be encouraging to me if I were a Bull fan(which I am from a distance), is that the defense seems as if it may be a strength this season. Good luck Bulls!:)

Texas-Fight
08-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Good luck to both teams and play a safe and injury free scrimmage.