PDA

View Full Version : Fran actually makes a GREAT Move

Txbroadcaster
08-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Everyone keeps giving Fran and the Ags a hard time about the schedule this year, and yes on paper it look pretty bad.

But the more I thought about it, this might be the best thing for the Ags, not just for this year, but for next year as well.

I know everyone loves McGee, and he has the talent to become a great one for the Ags..but what he lacks, and this is a big one, is the snaps in actual games. His 5Qs last year does not make him ready to be a good/great QB in the Big 12. Teams this year will gameplan agianst him, which is a huge deal. He has to lean how to adjust to what defense does against him.

The weak schedule helps him in a BIG way. He should get some easy wins, with some easy stats, helping him build his confidence, and also gving hm a chance to get some reps in real live action.

This helps he defense in the same way..They are learning a new scheme, and infusing alot of new players as well. The schedule will alow them the time to work out some kinks, and learn to play together.

Now where it hurts is that if they do go undefeated deep into season, the Ag fan base will be hyping the team up WAY beyond how good they really are. This can hurt if they lets just say get beat by Tech 35-17. Some fans will turn on the team.

But overall, the schedule though weak, I think is the best medicine for this team this year

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
they just want enough wins to become bowl eligible

Phil C
08-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Everyone keeps giving Fran and the Ags a hard time about the schedule this year, and yes on paper it look pretty bad.

But the more I thought about it, this might be the best thing for the Ags, not just for this year, but for next year as well.

I know everyone loves McGee, and he has the talent to become a great one for the Ags..but what he lacks, and this is a big one, is the snaps in actual games. His 5Qs last year does not make him ready to be a good/great QB in the Big 12. Teams this year will gameplan agianst him, which is a huge deal. He has to lean how to adjust to what defense does against him.

The weak schedule helps him in a BIG way. He should get some easy wins, with some easy stats, helping him build his confidence, and also gving hm a chance to get some reps in real live action.

This helps he defense in the same way..They are learning a new scheme, and infusing alot of new players as well. The schedule will alow them the time to work out some kinks, and learn to play together.

Now where it hurts is that if they do go undefeated deep into season, the Ag fan base will be hyping the team up WAY beyond how good they really are. This can hurt if they lets just say get beat by Tech 35-17. Some fans will turn on the team.

But overall, the schedule though weak, I think is the best medicine for this team this year

Good well thought out analysis Tx. It is fortunate for us UT fans that the game is in Austin this year.

Emerson1
08-21-2006, 04:45 PM
His hiring of Gary _arnell voids all good decisions.

Bullaholic
08-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I agree with you, txb. However, the Ags will pay a terrible price psychologically if they lose to one of these really "easy" teams.
I am not an Aggie fan---I love to give the Ags "the devil" when I can--but I do hope that this season allows them to get a little of their "swagger" back---now mind you I said "a little. This would allow a return to the days when that "day-after-Thanksgiving" game with UT had a lot on the line for both schools.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 04:56 PM
i think the citadel will pull out an upset.

Txbroadcaster
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i think the citadel will pull out an upset.

LOL if that happened I hope the Ags fire Fran Right after the game

wos fan1
08-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Well we know he'll win all their non confernce games.

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
if he doesn't win the 4OOC games, he should be run immediately

wos fan1
08-21-2006, 10:21 PM
:D I would hope he would win those!

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
if he doesn't win the 4OOC games, he should be run immediately

It could happen. In 92, Arkansas coach Jack Crowe was fired the monday morning after he lost the first game of the year to the Citadel. I hope we dont have a situation like that.

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
It could happen. In 92, Arkansas coach Jack Crowe was fired the monday morning after he lost the first game of the year to the Citadel. I hope we dont have a situation like that. i think that A&M should hire Houston Nutt away from Arkie.....i know it sounds obsurd, but for some reason i feel like he's about to be the next urban meyer

gtownpoke
08-21-2006, 11:32 PM
i think the aggies should get steve kragthorpe from tulsa if fran gets the boot