PDA

View Full Version : To all UT students and athletes!

Phil C
08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
BEHAVE YOURSELVES! :mad: :mad: :mad:

See below. Remember you are going to a great University to get an education and for the athletes the same thing plus to work to be the best athletes you can be. Don't get caught up with all that partying nonsense. There will be time for that after college and athletics. SO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND STUDY AND WORK HARD! DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH ANY NONSENSE!!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/373379

injuredinmelee
08-21-2006, 03:17 PM
There is always time to have a good time occasionally. Just do it in moderationand nothing illegal. College is about discovering what type of person you are going to be. Enjoy it and make the most out of it. Make wise decisions and never be afraid to go to your parents, guardians, or elders to ask for advice.

Phil C
08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
There is always time to have a good time occasionally. Just do it in moderationand nothing illegal. College is about discovering what type of person you are going to be. Enjoy it and make the most out of it. Make wise decisions and never be afraid to go to your parents, guardians, or elders to ask for advice.

Well I have nothing against a friendly get together for punch (unspiked) and cookies and then going to the football, volleyball or soccer games. And maybe even a few crackers and cheese dip.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Phil, you didnt post this in time. You really let Ramonce down.....

Phil C
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Phil, you didnt post this in time. You really let Ramonce down.....

But hopefully in time to warn the other recruits and players not to get involved in nonsense.

Phil C
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
STUDY AND STAY OUT OF TROUBLE! :mad:

g$$
08-21-2006, 04:27 PM
2nd in hard liquor, 3rd in beer compsumption, & 13th in weed: did this surprise you? It is college life in the state capital of Texas located in a very ecclectic & diverse city. Lots of live music & the hippie culture still pervades the local scene. Easily the most liberal city in our state (look at voting returns). I am not condoning any of it, but reality is reality, & not every kid there is guilty of illicit behavior. You can pick virtually any school in the country & come up with vices or deterrents; the Ivy League is frequently mentioned for high suicide rates. So pick your poison & try to raise your kids to know right from wrong. No school is holier than thou & to hope for such is just ludicrous. But, UT cannot be proud that this is in print for sure, plus the fact they have fallen some in the academic ratings of public institutions nationally over the past few years. Some people just don't like reality, esp. when they have a rooting interest in a particular school.

Phil C
08-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
2nd in hard liquor, 3rd in beer compsumption, & 13th in weed: did this surprise you? It is college life in the state capital of Texas located in a very ecclectic & diverse city. Lots of live music & the hippie culture still pervades the local scene. Easily the most liberal city in our state (look at voting returns). I am not condoning any of it, but reality is reality, & not every kid there is guilty of illicit behavior. You can pick virtually any school in the country & come up with vices or deterrents; the Ivy League is frequently mentioned for high suicide rates. So pick your poison & try to raise your kids to know right from wrong. No school is holier than thou & to hope for such is just ludicrous. But, UT cannot be proud that this is in print for sure, plus the fact they have fallen some in the academic ratings of public institutions nationally over the past few years. Some people just don't like reality, esp. when they have a rooting interest in a particular school.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 05:31 PM
There are always bad apples in the bunch no matter what university you are at. The Texas athletes no how to handle themselves and they represent the university well.

Bull Butter
08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm really dissappointed in my Bobcat bretheren. When I went to SWT, WE were # 1 in party!

:( Oh how the mighty have fallen:(
Probably the name change that did it:mad:

g$$
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
"The Texas athletes no how to handle themselves and they represent the university well." --Texas Fight

Really, ever heard of Ramonce Taylor & 5 pounds of weed / gun most recently? Ever heard of Cedric Benson & the tv / break-in scandal? Ever heard of the UT athletes who got arrested near Huntsville almost 2 years ago with marijuana? How about the 6th Street arrests last year before the Rose Bowl? Have you seen UT's football graduation rates lately? How about Marco Martin being arrested for sexual assault of a child 2 weeks ago? Should I go on?

I agree there are bad apples everywhere, but before you make that statement you might try doing your homework. There have been many incidents at UT & other places, but Texas does a good job of cleaning it up very quickly. Mack Brown is a fine coach & man, but don't make him out to be a saint. UT has issues too.

wos fan1
08-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Well I have nothing against a friendly get together for punch (unspiked) and cookies and then going to the football, volleyball or soccer games. And maybe even a few crackers and cheese dip. :D

mustang04
08-22-2006, 08:08 PM
i wish i went to UT..........:(

JHS_c/o_06'
08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
i guess we all know what university g$$ didnt get in to......

g$$
08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Wrong Jasper - I applied to Texas after juco baseball career & was accepted. Thanks anyway, & I have many relatives & friends there now, as well as a bunch in the past. That includes a couple of scholarship athletes there currently. I CHOSE to attend & graduate from another quality university. I was stating facts above (& could cite more) & evidently that bothers you. Texas has had issues like many, many other big-time schools. I am not naive enough to think they are alone. Don't presume to know my past or present. I respect Texas as a fine school, but I do not worship all things orange. Take the blinders off & you too might get a dose of objectivity in your life. Name a school, any school, & you will find transgressions somewhere along the line. SMU got the death penalty, A&M had troubles in the late '80s & early '90s, Miami is always in the news, Ohio St., Tennessee, FSU, etc. Broaden your horizons & see the big picture. My post above was in direct response to what Texas Fight wrote, & I refuted that they "have represented the university well" in recent months. Thanks.

Cameron Crazy
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
My mother showed me that in the paper thought it was pretty funny i thought Texas State would win that one!