PDA

View Full Version : CFNs #1 ? heading into the season ...

3afan
08-21-2006, 02:20 PM
1. Can Texas repeat with a freshman under center?
You don’t get better by losing Vince Young, but if you believe the ‘Horns are about to suffer some kind of a collapse, you’re way too VY-centric. Texas remains loaded just about everywhere and finally has an off-season swagger, but Young’s heir apparent is going to be, well, young. Not-yet-drinking-age young. Thanks to an extra year in the system, redshirt freshman Colt McCoy is the favorite, but true freshman Jevan Snead has the rifle to mount a challenge next month. What does all this mean? 1. The champs will be a whole lot easier to defense than the last two years. 2. Backs Selvin Young, Jamaal Charles and Henry Melton better focus on conditioning and 3. Texas is still a Top 5 team with as good a shot as anyone of ending 2006 in Arizona on Jan. 8.

LINK (http://collegefootballnews.com/2006/Columnists/RC/30KeyQuestions_1_15.htm)

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
they've never been put under any scrutiny, or had to face a tough college team, you don't just stay "magical" when you have a new qb coming in.....their will be some bumps and grinds.....i think texas ultimately still wins the big 12 but i don't think that they go 13-0 again....that's illogical

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 03:38 PM
leinhart came in and made USC better than they were with palmer. its logical

carter08
08-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Colt McCoy is a good young QB. He can lead UT to a Big 12 title

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
leinhart came in and made USC better than they were with palmer. its logical but leinhart had snaps while palmer was till at USC......to my knowledge, and this is just hearsay, i don't have time to research this, but mcCoy has no college in game snaps

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 03:43 PM
who cares? mccoy is getting snaps against UT's first team defense and they have one of the top 5 defenses in the nation so im sure he's improving his game enough to be able to handle ohio state. and this is just hearsay, i havent really researched it, but supposedly ohio state's d is not as good as last years.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
but leinhart had snaps while palmer was till at USC......to my knowledge, and this is just hearsay, i don't have time to research this, but mcCoy has no college in game snaps

That was gonna be my next point AJ. People tell us we are delirious for thinking McGee can come in and take the pressure. At least he has snaps. People are expecting one of these guys to come in and fit fine with NO experience. There will ba MASSIVE amounts of pressure on them after the season that texas had last year.

Cameron Crazy
08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Ive said this alot.....Mccoy is a pocket passer and Jevan is a dual threat who wouyld you want to start for you?:thinking:

KTJ
08-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
That was gonna be my next point AJ. People tell us we are delirious for thinking McGee can come in and take the pressure. At least he has snaps. People are expecting one of these guys to come in and fit fine with NO experience. There will ba MASSIVE amounts of pressure on them after the season that texas had last year.

There is no massive pressure on anyone. Where you heard that, I don't know.

People know what to expect. We don't expect a Vince Young.

Cameron Crazy
08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

People know what to expect. We don't expect a Vince Young. I like the way you think KTJ!

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

People know what to expect. We don't expect a Vince Young.

Its not about what people are saying. Imagine you are just coming into the system of the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS. ESPN has already said that you guys should be 12-0 in the regular season. Tell me you dont feel a little pressure when taking the field in this type of situation.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 04:00 PM
maybe they dont watch espn...

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Colt was impressive in the fan appreciation day scrimmage. Texas should be playing in Arizona. All McCoy has to do is play the offence and not try to make to much happen. Hand the ball off to Charles, Young and Melton. Then make the right throws to the recieving core and they'll be just fine.

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
who cares? mccoy is getting snaps against UT's first team defense and they have one of the top 5 defenses in the nation so im sure he's improving his game enough to be able to handle ohio state. and this is just hearsay, i havent really researched it, but supposedly ohio state's d is not as good as last years. yes but he's not getting hits that that defense is giving a&m, tech, and OSU

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

People know what to expect. We don't expect a Vince Young. and just what is that they expect....another MNC? yeah no pressure there

Emerson1
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Leinart had as much meaningful playing time that McCoy has had. What's the difference in playing in a live scrimmage angainst one of the best secondarys in the country and throwing 5 passes in a 70-7 blowout agaianst Westeastern California providential?

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Leinart had as much meaningful playing time that McCoy has had. What's the difference in playing in a live scrimmage angainst one of the best secondarys in the country and throwing 5 passes in a 70-7 blowout agaianst Westeastern California providential? live game experience trumps all kyle....ask anyone around