PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside

big_stew
08-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Ingleside looks pretty good. They scrimmaged Kenedy and Banquette, and dominated. I know that is not much of a test, but still overall they are quite impressive. Team speed is good. Line play looks good and they like to hit! Their pre-district schedule will answer lots of questions, Tuloso-Midway and Miller will be interesting opponents. Port Lavaca and Zapata should also offer a strong test. If Ingleside can get through the pre-district with only one lose,,,,,,, Look out Sinton!!!

Phil C
08-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Ingleside has lots of good athletes and a dynamic young coach so the rise to a power is inevitable. Plus their softball team has Riflearm as an assistant coach there. Very scary indeed!

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by big_stew
Ingleside looks pretty good. They scrimmaged Kenedy and Banquette, and dominated. I know that is not much of a test, but still overall they are quite impressive. Team speed is good. Line play looks good and they like to hit! Their pre-district schedule will answer lots of questions, Tuloso-Midway and Miller will be interesting opponents. Port Lavaca and Zapata should also offer a strong test. If Ingleside can get through the pre-district with only one lose,,,,,,, Look out Sinton!!! LOL! Cool another Ingleside poster to "debate" with. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Most would look good(or great) against Kenedy and Banquete:D The preseason schedule dont look like this a true test there, Miller is not a test lol. True test will be in District as AP, West Oso, Orange Grove, Sinton and maybe Mathis will all be tough this year. So dont think Sinton is the only one to look forward to once district starts:)

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 03:01 PM
How dare you speak of football right now. We are trying to have christmas in August and various other non-relative discussions. As Phil would say,"BEHAVE YOURSELF":mad:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2006, 03:03 PM
GO rangers!!!;)

big_stew
08-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I still think Miller is going to be a strong test for Ingleside. They were 5A last year moving down to 4A. Their enrollment is 1600, compare that to Ingleside’s 600. Miller has athletes who have speed. Put Miller in district 30 3A and they would be a top team. It is very difficult to overcome enrollment numbers.

Phil C
08-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I still think Miller is going to be a strong test for Ingleside. They were 5A last year moving down to 4A. Their enrollment is 1600, compare that to Ingleside’s 600. Miller has athletes who have speed. Put Miller in district 30 3A and they would be a top team. It is very difficult to overcome enrollment numbers.

Put Miller in 1A and they might even go to state! :eek:

big_stew
08-22-2006, 09:15 AM
I think you are probably right that if Miller went to 1A they would go to state. Excellent reply! Even though I was expecting a reply that contained some thought and reason,,,,,,oh well…………….

Phil C
08-22-2006, 09:18 AM
I think you are probably right that if Miller went to 1A they would go to state. Excellent reply! Even though I was expecting a reply that contained some thought and reason,,,,,,oh well…………….

"Put Miller in 30 3A with enrollment of about 1600 and they would be a top team."

Sorry if I am short on thought and reason compared to the above analysis. I am so ashamed. :(

Oh well.......

Phil C
08-22-2006, 09:20 AM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

99IHSMustang
08-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Miller is definitely going to be a good test for Ingleside. They have depth and speed. In my opinion if Ingleside can win against Miller they should do pretty good in district play if they remain injury free.

sinton3055
08-22-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't think Sinton needs to look out, we the underdog, Ingleside the one that suppose to win district lol.
Campbell says ...

Dave Campbell's 2006 Texas Football magazine's preseason district football rankings

District 27-5A

1. Carroll; 2. San Antonio East Central; 3. Victoria Memorial; 4. King; 5. San Antonio Southwest; 6. Ray; 7. San Antonio Highlands.

District 30-4A

1. Gregory-Portland; 2. Beeville; 3. Moody; 4. Rockport-Fulton; 5. Miller; 6. Port Lavaca Calhoun

District 31-4A

1. Calallen; 2. Flour Bluff; 3. Alice; 4. Kingsville; 5. Robstown; 6. Tuloso-Midway.

District 30-3A

1. Ingleside; 2. Sinton; 3. West Oso; 4. Orange Grove; 5. Aransas Pass; 6. Mathis.

GOFOR2
08-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Ingleside looks pretty good. They scrimmaged Kenedy and Banquette, and dominated. I know that is not much of a test, but still overall they are quite impressive. Team speed is good. Line play looks good and they like to hit! Their pre-district schedule will answer lots of questions, Tuloso-Midway and Miller will be interesting opponents. Port Lavaca and Zapata should also offer a strong test. If Ingleside can get through the pre-district with only one lose,,,,,,, Look out Sinton!!!

Yea, I saw that they dismantled those two squads. Were Tornillo and Presidio not available?

big_stew
08-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Miller has gone 11-2, 6-4, 2-8, and 1-9 the last 4 years. Their record is 72-121-3 for the last 19yrs. Not very good I will admit but that was in district 28 5A. I think the gap between 5A teams and 4A teams in this area is not that significant, but there is a gap between 4A and 3A. I go back to enrollment numbers. Plus do you really think that Sinton is an underdog to Ingleside?? Sinton has not lost a game to Ingleside in how many years?? I’m glad that the Sinton people are thinking that they are the underdog. But we will know more once we get to that game. If Ingleside is 9-0 and Sinton is 3-6 then yes I will put Ingleside as the favorite. But I’m not so sure now…. Don’t you stay King until someone takes your throne? Unless Sinton is wanting to be the underdog. How can that be??

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Yea, I saw that they dismantled those two squads. Were Tornillo and Presidio not available?
yikes.

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
This thread cracks me up....:D

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
This thread cracks me up....:D

Working with Taft, Ingleside and Aransas Pass kids who think because Sinton graduated their QB they will suck is FUNNY. Seriously. The Taft trio tell me day in and day out that they are going to stomp a mudhole in sinton. I laugh, and ask them wehn the last time that happened was.. .their response "we beat them in 7th and 8th grade... and now we are Jrs and Srs.... we are going to win again"

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Working with Taft, Ingleside and Aransas Pass kids who think because Sinton graduated their QB they will suck is FUNNY.

Hey, what is Daniel up to these days?

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL! Cool another Ingleside poster to "debate" with. :) denial is a mofo aint it.....Sinton IS goin down this year ;)

District303aPastPlayer
Hey, what is Daniel up to these days?

Texas State University... just a regular student i believe.

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by IHStangFan
denial is a mofo aint it.....Sinton IS goin down this year ;)

welcome back the cowbell

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton3055
I don't think Sinton needs to look out, we the underdog, Ingleside the one that suppose to win district lol.
Campbell says ...

Dave Campbell's 2006 Texas Football magazine's preseason district football rankings

District 27-5A

1. Carroll; 2. San Antonio East Central; 3. Victoria Memorial; 4. King; 5. San Antonio Southwest; 6. Ray; 7. San Antonio Highlands.

District 30-4A

1. Gregory-Portland; 2. Beeville; 3. Moody; 4. Rockport-Fulton; 5. Miller; 6. Port Lavaca Calhoun

District 31-4A

1. Calallen; 2. Flour Bluff; 3. Alice; 4. Kingsville; 5. Robstown; 6. Tuloso-Midway.

District 30-3A

1. Ingleside; 2. Sinton; 3. West Oso; 4. Orange Grove; 5. Aransas Pass; 6. Mathis. yeah, but that was when Dave thought we were going to have Christman at QB.

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Texas State University... just a regular student i believe.

I didn't know he was going there...I will have to tell Michael to keep his eyes open for him.

Now that you mention it, we did see him there at a football game last season. He must have been there checking out the school (like we were). I hope he does well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a regular student.:)

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:05 PM
welcome back the cowbell YO! whats shakin amigo? been a busy workin man here. Got the job in Houston I was after. Been traveling a bit. Drove straight through from Houston to Kansas on a job...went straight to the jobsite, finished up, turned the truck around...headed back for Houston...got a call...had to stop in Pampa, TX for a few days to fix a system. From there the call came sending me to Wyoming. From WY, I drove straight through to Houston. Slept for 6 hours, then got in my personal truck, and drove straight through to Arizona to retrieve my girlfriend and our things. Was there for 3 days, then drove straight through back to TX and went back to work the next day.

:doh:

I'm ready for my off weekend...and some damn football if yall dont mind!!

:D

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2006, 12:07 PM
im Pampa did you get some jelly/jam?

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:10 PM
im Pampa did you get some jelly/jam? hell no man, I worked my arse off and dodged two crazy storms that blew in outa nowhere.

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Pampa jellies are the ish. you should so invest.

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2006, 12:14 PM
hell no man, I worked my arse off and dodged two crazy storms that blew in outa nowhere.

Glad you're back home and I hope you get to catch up on some much-needed rest.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
yeah, but that was when Dave thought we were going to have Christman at QB.

and yea that was before he knew Sinton had reloaded:)

IHStangFan
08-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
and yea that was before he knew Sinton had reloaded:) yup....so I guess we'll see. "Reloaded"? whats that mean? recruited all of the talent up out of Odem, Taft, etc.? ;) It's a joke man!! Some of you Sinton people are wound WAY too tight.

GOFOR2
08-22-2006, 01:06 PM
yup....so I guess we'll see. "Reloaded"? whats that mean? recruited all of the talent up out of Odem, Taft, etc.? ;) It's a joke man!! Some of you Sinton people are wound WAY too tight.

Bottom line is this...to be the best you have to be the best.
Week 10 is only 12 short weeks away.

pirate4state
08-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Texas State University... just a regular student i believe. Wrong. He is at San Angelo.

pirate4state
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
This thread cracks me up....:D Me too. Each squad has only had one scrimmage and already both are "chomping" at the bit to go rounds!! :clap: :clap:

Easy boys & girls..... :D

pirate4state
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Some of you Sinton people are wound WAY too tight. Guess we all need some more cowbell!! :p :p

Phil C
08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
What happened to Christman and why isn't he there? :confused:

big_stew
08-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Christman’s dad was a teacher/coach at Ingleside and I think his Mom was also a teacher, I believe they went to Comfort, Texas. I’m not sure why, what I’ve heard was they wanted to be closer to relatives. I also heard that the Dad wanted a different job. I haven’t heard anything about it being football related. Ingleside will be OK with the QB they have now. He is a tough, strong kid with speed. His passing will probably not be as good as Christman, but still better than average.

IHS Fan
08-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What happened to Christman and why isn't he there? :confused:

his parents having been trying to get closer to family for years. this is the first year both parents got job offers at the same school at the same time.
our new qb may not have the arm that travis has but is much more mobil. we'll be fine. josh is coming along great as a passer.