PDA

View Full Version : Big XII South

EricDraven
08-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Who wins it this year? My begruding vote goes to the Mighty 'Horns, but I'll still pull for the Raiders.

EricDraven
08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
No love for Texas North? (OU)

DaHop72
08-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
No love for Texas North? (OU) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Two votes for Baylor?

That's funny right there.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 01:47 PM
whats funnier is baylor has as many votes as the aggies. maybe even funnier than that is the aggies have 3 votes.

raider red 2000
08-21-2006, 02:04 PM
i wish i would have voted for TECH....i just dont know if they can get it done.

EricDraven
08-21-2006, 02:36 PM
My heart says Tech, but common sense says don't bet against the champs. UT has to be the favorite until someone beats 'em.

Adidas4I0s
08-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Baylor has potential!!! :mad:

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
Baylor has potential!!! :mad: to win seven games, yes, not the big 12 south

carter08
08-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Would have said OU if not for the Bomar situation.

Texas wins

GreenGobbla
08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
whats funnier is baylor has as many votes as the aggies. maybe even funnier than that is the aggies have 3 votes.

its funny that the aggies had one vote, much less more than 1

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Texas should win the Big XII. The offense is clicking and the defence is loaded!

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Texas should win the Big XII. The offense is clicking and the defence is loaded! De-fence! De-Fence!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
This is like saying will there be christmas this year;) Texas should get all the votes:)

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Oklahoma State will beat at least 3 of their 5 South opponents, and they are the only team without a vote. LOL any vote other than Texas is a wish anyway.

Baylor has 4 votes and OSU has none? LOL

LOL it's gonna be hard for Baylor to win the south when OSU hangs 40 on them.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
baylor had a solid defense last year and should be improved this year mate.

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
baylor had a solid defense last year and should be improved this year mate.

I agree. But there is no way they even come in 3rd in the Big Xll south.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
i know that but i was just saying it cuz i dont think OSU will score 40 on them.

PlayaJBiehl20
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
texas all the way

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I agree. But there is no way they even come in 3rd in the Big Xll south. I think there is a possibility.

1. Texas
2. Tech
3. Oklahoma/Baylor
4. Oklahoma/Baylor
5. A&M
6. Oklahoma State

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
i know that but i was just saying it cuz i dont think OSU will score 40 on them.

OSU will hang 40 on more than one team this year. Heck they might hang 40 on Texas.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
and vince young wont be there to save the day:eek:

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
I think there is a possibility.

1. Texas
2. Tech
3. Oklahoma/Baylor
4. Oklahoma/Baylor
5. A&M
6. Oklahoma State

Texas
A&M
OSU
Tech
Oklahoma
Baylor

Write it down.

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
I think there is a possibility.

1. Texas
2. Tech
3. Oklahoma/Baylor
4. Oklahoma/Baylor
5. A&M
6. Oklahoma State

Dear t-shirt sip,

Please remove the Burnt Orange color glasses from your eyes.....

Regards,
Baylor, A&M, TECH, and OU

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Texas
A&M
OSU
Tech
Oklahoma
Baylor

Write it down.

OSU has bobby reid that's it......

Texas
A&M
OU/TECH
OU/TECH
Baylor
OSU

with OSU being the only team with a losing record and NOT going to a bowl

write that down...

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
OSU has bobby reid that's it......

LOL

Lot's of folks said the same thing about Texas and Vince Young.

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Dear t-shirt sip,

Please remove the Burnt Orange color glasses from your eyes.....

Regards,
Baylor, A&M, TECH, and OU AggieJohn after I had something good to say about Stephen McGee you're going to bash me. :(

sahen
08-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Oklahoma State will beat at least 3 of their 5 South opponents, and they are the only team without a vote. LOL any vote other than Texas is a wish anyway.

Baylor has 4 votes and OSU has none? LOL

LOL it's gonna be hard for Baylor to win the south when OSU hangs 40 on them. The Bears were up on OSU 38-7 at half time last year, picking them to be better than OSU really isnt that much of a stretch this year...

gtownpoke
08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
last year against baylor there were also 8 turnovers by the cowboys. bobby played 2 games last year and got hurt. dont think this year will be anything like last year. after a 4-7 record put together on of the best recruiting classes in the big 12. the schedule is very favorable for osu this year and they will tee off on baylor when they come to town.

sahen
08-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
last year against baylor there were also 8 turnovers by the cowboys. bobby played 2 games last year and got hurt. dont think this year will be anything like last year. after a 4-7 record put together on of the best recruiting classes in the big 12. the schedule is very favorable for osu this year and they will tee off on baylor when they come to town. man that sounds a lot like what the aggies said last year....people rnt gonna tee off against baylor anymore....OSU is going to have to get a lot better, i was at the Baylor/OSU game last year and OSU looked like Baylor my freshman year (2003) out there, that is veyr very bad....

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by sahen
man that sounds a lot like what the aggies said last year....people rnt gonna tee off against baylor anymore....OSU is going to have to get a lot better, i was at the Baylor/OSU game last year and OSU looked like Baylor my freshman year (2003) out there, that is veyr very bad.... your very correct though shane, i would think that guy morriss has just as much pressure on him to win this year and get to a bowl game as FRANNY does.....

sahen
08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
your very correct though shane, i would think that guy morriss has just as much pressure on him to win this year and get to a bowl game as FRANNY does..... i think his recruiting class bought him another year if he doesnt get to a bowl, though anything less than 5-7 will prolly cause him to lose his job (though im not 100% on that, hopefully i wont have to find out, if we go 4-8 i'd prolly just give up all hope).....however baylor fans will be "ok" w/ a 6-6 year and squeaking into a bowl, the aggies on the other hand r expecting much more from Fran....

Txbroadcaster
08-21-2006, 09:43 PM
I have to disagree..Unless Baylor goes way south and wins only one game, or something happens on the team that tears apart the program, then Morriss is safe. He had got the Bears to a point where people are talking about them being in a bowl game.

Chris Hart
08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
IMO, Baylor found themselves a gem in Morriss. He is and will always be in the same boat as Leach at Tech, as long as he is at Baylor. He will have to play the UTs, OUs and TAMUs with second tier recruits. I have as much respect for the coaching abilities of Leach and Morriss as I do for Brown and Stoops. Those guys get to coach the best talent in the country year in and year out, Leach and Morriss don't have that luxury and they still do very well. IMO, Leach at Tech has done as good a job of coaching as anyone in the country over the past 3 years, the guy takes the leftovers that UT, OU, and TAMU doesn't want, and beats them with them, excluding UT in the past 3 years. Tech and Baylor will NEVER get the recruits those others do, so when a coach at either school can win the Big XII south or beat 2 of the 3 in the same season, you can bet he's a great coach. UT has to be the favorite in the Big XII this year, especially after Bomar's departure from OU, but I don't see them running the table on the conference this year. I don't want to name a team that will beat them, because none can on paper, but I do think someone will upset the Horns in conference play this season...

sweetwater07
08-21-2006, 09:57 PM
i think texas will be overrated this year..with the loss of VY and and the rest of impact players...i'll be suprised if they do anything..i AGGIES...i think they can get something going this year

Txbroadcaster
08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i think texas will be overrated this year..with the loss of VY and and the rest of impact players...i'll be suprised if they do anything..i AGGIES...i think they can get something going this year

So you think Texas lost ALL their impact players? And the simple fact is that the Aggie Starting qb has FIVE more quarters of play than whoever starts for Texas..does that help..of course..is that a huge difference, IMO not as much as some think

sweetwater07
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So you think Texas lost ALL their impact players? And the simple fact is that the Aggie Starting qb has FIVE more quarters of play than whoever starts for Texas..does that help..of course..is that a huge difference, IMO not as much as some think

if they play as good as they did against texas last year..then i will be more than happy...gave texas a scare for a short while in that game

Stownhorse
08-21-2006, 10:12 PM
if they play as good as they did against texas last year..then i will be more than happy...gave texas a scare for a short while in that game

you mean if Texas plays as bad as they did last year right? cuz I think Texas was playin horrible and i hope the aggies were playin their best cuz that'll be the closest they get Bates:D

gtownpoke
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
any team that gives up 8 turnovers is going to look horrible. my point is just that osu isn't going to be anything like last year. when bobby got hurt pena came in and over 2 games had like an 11-1 interception to touchdown ratio.
with the schedule i think the cowboys could be in a good bowl. start off 3-0 against missouri state, arkansas state, and florida atlantic.
the first real test is @ houston. they have kolb at qb and they could be a solid team.
after that we have @ KU and then @ K-State. so if we beat houston we could take momentum into the first 2 conference games and pick up wins there. i think a win in manhattan will be easier to come by then one in lawrence but we will see.
next is a&m for homecoming. i really dont know what to expect with the aggies. i think they could be incredible with mcgee leading them but at the same time with fran there you never know. we COULD BE 6-0 going into that game and it would be huge for us.
next is nebraska at home. i would be happy picking up a win between a&m and the huskers. they are both at home so that helps.
then we go to texas. realistically ya right but with orange shaded glasses on we've played them really well the last 3 years in the first half and each time vince young brought them back. without young there who knows but im not going to chalk that one up as a W.
next we have baylor at home.. revenge for last year. the players will want to get that sour taste out of their mouths after what happened in waco.
then we go to lubbock.. we seem to suck there but once again with the orange colored glasses we shut down their offense last year somehow but like texas im not putting that as a win either.
finally we have the sooners at home. if you have ever been to a bedlam game especially in the last 10 years or so you know its a toss up and it helps its in stillwater.
i dont expect to win the south but i think we go to a good bowl game. 7-5 (Houston/A&M, Nebraska, Texas, Tech, OU) or 8-4 (A&M/OU/Nebraska, Texas, Tech)
we have the athletes to do it but we shall see! i dont expect anyone on here to see any logic in my breakdown but that's how I see it

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Its not so much about starts so much as it is about snaps, period. How many snaps at a D-1 level do McCoy and Snead have?

sahen
08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
gtownpoke, Reid played in the game against Baylor and threw 2 pics...and like i said earlier, ask the ags about that whole attitude of killing the bears just because u can and cause u want that taste outa ur mouth....u may win the game but Baylor is no pushover...

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 11:04 PM
i think texas will be overrated this year..with the loss of VY and and the rest of impact players...i'll be suprised if they do anything..i AGGIES...i think they can get something going this year Billy Pittman, Jamaal Charles, Henry Melton, Selving Young, Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, Jordan Shipley, Kasey Studdard, Justin Blalock, Brian Robinson, Michael Griffin, Tarell Brown, Aaron Ross, Tim Crowder, Rober Killebrew, Jerimichael Finley, Roy Miller, and Frank Okam.

Not to mention incoming talent; Sergio Kindle, Vondrell McGee, Deon Beasley, Chykie Brown, Robert Joseph, Eddie Jones, and Montre Webber.

gtownpoke
08-21-2006, 11:05 PM
o i know baylors not a pushover anymore. i do think guy morris is doing a great job down there but since it's in stillwater i think revenge will be taken out.
trust me though next year with GJ and Dominique going to Baylor it will be hard for me to root against the bears except for the game against us. the same with curtis going to texas. i hope manuel plays well at OU but i hope the goons lose every game they play.

BMOC
08-21-2006, 11:08 PM
NO Brainer.

gtownpoke
08-21-2006, 11:11 PM
and with reid... he had a tough season last year battling an injury and playing in a complex offense in its first year. reading updates it sounds like bobby has taken control of the team and has his confidence way up. that being said its still pre-season so none of us know exactly how things will go. im a die hard cowboy and am optimistic about the season (if ya cant tell lol)

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 11:14 PM
texas lost 4 starters on offense and 4 or 5 on defense. cant really say on defense since they always subbed in other players. some of my friends think texas lost their entire o-line and secondary. they lost two linemen and two dbs. geez

Fal44
08-21-2006, 11:17 PM
UT will win the BIG 12

EricDraven
08-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Horns are popular choice!

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Did Bobby Reid play for Galena Park North Shore?

wedo
08-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Texas will win the south and then beat nebrasks for the title!!!! and im willing to put money on that!!!

gtownpoke
08-22-2006, 10:55 PM
yes bobby played for Galena Park North Shore

piratebg
08-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Hook Em Horns :)

GreenGobbla
08-23-2006, 02:11 AM
a&m has the secong most votes....lol

District303aPastPlayer
08-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
yes bobby played for Galena Park North Shore

thought so. i remember the game in which was his last... against another houston team in the class 5A DII finals...

DU_stud04
08-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
a&m has the secong most votes....lol

i was thinking the same thing, who knows, maybe they can put a team together this year:thinking: :D

KTJ
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
This thread has really taken a turn for the worst.

awizzy
08-23-2006, 11:00 AM
i am gonna have to go with jamaal charles and the texas longhorns...but i wouldnt be so quick to throw ou out of it...they still got what i think is the best running back in the nation with adrian peterson

wedo
08-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i am gonna have to go with jamaal charles and the texas longhorns...but i wouldnt be so quick to throw ou out of it...they still got what i think is the best running back in the nation with adrian peterson

AD is by far the best RB in the country but the OU offense will be one dementional !!! Thomas could improve though don't get me wrong, but in his one start he really stunk it up!!!!!!!!

KTJ
08-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Oklahoma will be better than people realize.