kaorder1999
08-21-2006, 09:59 AM
i hope i get the chance to see a little of this one tongiht

cowboyfan8
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
DA 'Boys!

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Reggie Bush will be a "back-up" and him going against the Cowboys "back-ups" will make this an interesting game.

STANG RED
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
This ought to be about as fun and interesting to watch as watching paint dry. On second thought, drying paint will be more exciting.

carter08
08-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Saints 77 Dallas 0

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 05:49 PM
come on dude. reggie bush is playing. thats the only reason to watch it. another texas defense shutting down the "next gale sayers"

Emerson1
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Roy Williams will give Bush his first official welcome to the NFL.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Roy Wiilliams Welcomes Reggie Bush to the NFL with a horse collar tackle:D

boba fett
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Roy Wiilliams Welcomes Reggie Bush to the NFL with a horse collar tackle:D

Can't wait!! :clap:

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
either that or roy williams is found passed out on the field cuz he choked on bush's dust trail

Bullaholic
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Some Saints observations. Years ago the Saints fans would rather beat Dallas than any other team in the NFL. They are as bad about wanting to beat the Cowboys as the Redskins once were. Don't know why--maybe a "bordering state" thing, but Texans have never been popular in the "Big Easy" after they run out of money. For those of you who have never been to a Saints game in N.O., I can only tell you that these fans are among the most "rabid" in the NFL---rivaling and perhaps surpassing even Steeler fans. They like their alcohol in the stands and plenty of it and have a great time. Up the road about 80 miles or so in Baton Rouge----it's almost the same in "Death Valley" with the Tiger fans of LSU.

STANG RED
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
come on dude. reggie bush is playing. thats the only reason to watch it. another texas defense shutting down the "next gale sayers"

If it was starters against starters, and the game actually ment something, I'd agree with you. Maybe 7 or 8 minutes of the 1st quarter will be slightly better than self induced root canals, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
the only reason im gonna watch past the 1st half is to see bobby carpenter playing. i cant believe the man can be that huge and have the speed to run down receivers.

Bullaholic
08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
True, MM, I think Carpenter is a real "talent" but there is a big diff between running down NFL receivers and college receivers---although, to his credit, Carpenter did make an "ankle" tackle on a receiver or an RB in last week's game.

gobbler grad
08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Saints 77 Dallas 0

close...Dallas does have a good field goal kicker...77-3...:kiss:

no should be alot closer, by maybe a touchdown or so...in favor of the Saints

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
thats what i was referring to. peter warrick caught a pass and started running full speed up the field and carpenter came out of nowhere to tackle him.

piratebg
08-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Cowboys 3
Saints 0

Dallas first team O came out on fire, but kind of sputtered in the red zone and had to settle for 3. Bledsoe is looking comfortable with the protection the line is giving him so far.

piratebg
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Reggie Bush's first touch goes for -2 on a 3rd and 3 and NO goes three and out.

sinton66
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Reggies first carry against the Dallas D, minus three yards.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
10-0

like i said in the chat room, the cowboys are going 19-0.

Bullaholic
08-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Terry Glenn just made an all-world, behind-the-back TD catch for Dallas.

PPHSfan
08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Nice Catch by Glenn

piratebg
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Bledsoe and Glen are kicking some butt out there.

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
The little kick celebration that Glenn just performed is the new age celebration so that they don't get fined by the No Fun League.

sinton66
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Geez, 2 and a half left in the second, and NO gets their FIRST first down.

kaorder1999
08-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I hate Reggie Bush....

sinton66
08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
come on, Ka, tell how you really feel.:D

kaorder1999
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
come on, Ka, tell how you really feel.:D
if you really really want to know....i wish failure upon him

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
reggie bush is pretty good

carter08
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Dallas sucks

sinton66
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Reggie's gonna have a tough go against a first class defense in the NFL. his forte is outside speed, that ain't gonna happen with NFL defenses built around speed.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
yeah they really do. bledsoe had a really bad drive. parcells has to start thinking about putting romo in....

3afan
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Dallas sucks

nice contribution rook

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Reggie's gonna have a tough go against a first class defense in the NFL. his forte is outside speed, that ain't gonna happen with NFL defenses built around speed.

reggie actually relies on making people miss. he's done it really well a few times tonight.

sinton66
08-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Not well enough to get in the endzone.

sinton66
08-21-2006, 08:52 PM
OR get first downs.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
i think he got one first down on a nifty screen pass

sinton66
08-21-2006, 08:59 PM
That won't get you in the pro bowl.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 09:01 PM
it might extend a drive though

Snyder_TigerFan
08-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm impressed with the way the Cowboys are playing, both offense and defense. I know it's just preseason, but its encouraging.

On another note - Thiesman's an idiot ....he's said some stupid stuff tonight.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
preseason wins dont get you into the playoffs either. hopefully the cowboys can carry over their dominate play into the regular season and playoffs

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I'm impressed with the way the Cowboys are playing, both offense and defense. I know it's just preseason, but its encouraging.

On another note - Thiesman's an idiot ....he's said some stupid stuff tonight.

yeah and tirico called copper cooper. what an idiot. i just think kornheiser ruins the chemistry. theisman was great with the sunday night crew. espn made some bad choices.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 09:13 PM
i dont think its gonna matter if TO plays for the cowboys or not. if he does than dallas has a core of 5 or 6 receivers that are all great. TO and glenn are proven, crayton and hurd have shown great ability, and copper and rector are surprising. rector should definitely make the team. i know most teams only keep 5 receivers on their roster and sometimes keep sorrier ones on the team just for special teams but i think the cowboys might have to keep those six. and for all the haters, the cowboys are great and are going 19-0.

Bullaholic
08-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Ol' Jerry has got his "spin grin" on and is doing damage control on the QB and T.O. controversies right now during an interview by the MNF crew.

3afan
08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i dont think its gonna matter if TO plays for the cowboys or not. if he does than dallas has a core of 5 or 6 receivers that are all great. TO and glenn are proven, crayton and hurd have shown great ability, and copper and rector are surprising. rector should definitely make the team. i know most teams only keep 5 receivers on their roster and sometimes keep sorrier ones on the team just for special teams but i think the cowboys might have to keep those six. and for all the haters, the cowboys are great and are going 19-0.

disagree ,,, if TO plays and behaves he'll make a HUGE difference, he's the best receiver in the game right now

Chris Hart
08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
If Flozell Adams and the rest of the offense stay healthy with a 'behaving' T.O., Dallas should be really powerful on offense. They are deep at WR, TE, RB and QB, the only real question is the OL, but if Adams is healthy, they are a totally different OL than without him. Defensively the Cowboys are talented enough to be the best in the league. If the FS position is played even adequately, and of course if everyone stays healthy, they will be heck to score on or move the ball consistently against. Most opponents scores will have to come on big plays rather than sustained drives. Vanderjagt should be a real plus at kicker, and it looks as if they have some kickers with some leg strength for deep kickoffs and long FG attempts behind him. Matt Briar(sp?) should have a great year at punter, he has an awesome leg. Things look really good this year in Dallas...

IMO, if Terrell Owens doesn't implode himself or cause any dissention and the Cowboys stay relatively healthy at the key positions, we will see the Cowboys in their record breaking 9th SuperBowl appearance. Of course I'm a Cowboy homer, but I also think they will win their record breaking 6th SuperBowl this year. Go Cowboys! It should be a great year to be a Cowboy....:clap:

Jason1725
08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
No way the Cowboys get to the Super Bowl, they wont make it past the Seahawks or the Panthers in the NFC. With that being said neither one of them will get past the Steelers who win their sixth championship. With the best reciever in the league winning back to back Super Bowl MVP's Hines Ward.

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
No way the Cowboys get to the Super Bowl, they wont make it past the Seahawks or the Panthers in the NFC. With that being said neither one of them will get past the Steelers who win their sixth championship. With the best reciever in the league winning back to back Super Bowl MVP's Hines Ward. I wouldn't call Ward the best reciever in the NFL. Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, and Santana Moss are all better than him. Antwan Randle El should have been the Super Bowl MVP. My sleeper pick is going to be the Patrioits in the Super Bowl vs. the Carolina Panthers and a rematch of these two teams in the Super Bowl and pending brackets the Cowboys will lose in the NFC Championship game.

SintonFan
08-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
If Flozell Adams and the rest of the offense stay healthy with a 'behaving' T.O., Dallas should be really powerful on offense. They are deep at WR, TE, RB and QB, the only real question is the OL, but if Adams is healthy, they are a totally different OL than without him. Defensively the Cowboys are talented enough to be the best in the league. If the FS position is played even adequately, and of course if everyone stays healthy, they will be heck to score on or move the ball consistently against. Most opponents scores will have to come on big plays rather than sustained drives. Vanderjagt should be a real plus at kicker, and it looks as if they have some kickers with some leg strength for deep kickoffs and long FG attempts behind him. Matt Briar(sp?) should have a great year at punter, he has an awesome leg. Things look really good this year in Dallas...

IMO, if Terrell Owens doesn't implode himself or cause any dissention and the Cowboys stay relatively healthy at the key positions, we will see the Cowboys in their record breaking 9th SuperBowl appearance. Of course I'm a Cowboy homer, but I also think they will win their record breaking 6th SuperBowl this year. Go Cowboys! It should be a great year to be a Cowboy....:clap:
Sounds good to me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:
I am starting to "feel" your assessment Chris.:)

Jason1725
08-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Well you can keep all those guys because Ward can do it all. He can catch and he is the best blocking reciever in the game today. Teams try and double and triple team him but he still makes plays. He is as big a part to the Steelers success as anyone else. Just because he doesn't have tons of stats from being in a pass happy offense doesn't make him any less than those guys who all take the play off when it's a running play. Not Hines he's looking to block and contribute that way.

Jason1725
08-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I am only playing with you Cowboy fans. I will agree Ward should not have been the MVP but Randle El should not have been either. The MVP should have been big Casey Hampton the NT. Seattle was so afraid of him I can't remember them ever running inside. They tried to run to the numbers all night. I felt Hampton was the true MVP.