PDA

View Full Version : Medina Valley?

Chris Hart
08-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Is this a team Reg IV playoff teams will begin to take notice of very quickly? They had a decent year in 4A last year playing in a very tough district, and playing good games against some real quality teams. I'm not too sure if they will be Div I or II since I don't have my DCTF handy, but the big boys of Reg IV should not take this team lightly. I remember their last stint in 3A, they were pretty durn salty at times, and I expect the same from them again. Region IV, take notice....Medina Valley should be a real contender for the Region IV crown...

Another drop down from 4A in Reg IV that has a good chance to compete immediately is Pleasanton. Not quite at the level of Medina Valley IMO, but a quality playoff team none the less...

Old Green
08-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Medina Valley will be D2 if Plesanton does make the playoffs. During their 3A years MV was one of the powerhouses in Region 4. They beat Daingerfield in 1984 for the 3A title. From what I hear they will huge lineman as usual and a stud RB. They will be contenders in R4.

Pleasanton and Cuero use to be in the same district with Cuero when I was in school. Always had big boys and played tough. One memorable players for Pleasonton was Wayne Johnson former coach at La Vernia. He was one heck of a running back. If they make the playoffs they will be D1. Always had size but not much speed.

Chris Hart
08-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks Old Green. That should make Div II Reg IV very tough/interesting from the start this year. IMO, Pleasanton will make the playoffs sending Medina Valley to Div II. I see Gonzales making it and putting Cuero in Div II. Ingleside in, putting Sinton Div II, and Bandera in and putting Wimberley in Div II. The winner of Reg IV Div II this year is gonna be plenty battle tested for the semis, for sure...

raider red 2000
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Thanks Old Green. That should make Div II Reg IV very tough/interesting from the start this year. IMO, Pleasanton will make the playoffs sending Medina Valley to Div II. I see Gonzales making it and putting Cuero in Div II. Ingleside in, putting Sinton Div II, and Bandera in and putting Wimberley in Div II. The winner of Reg IV Div II this year is gonna be plenty battle tested for the semis, for sure...

region IV overall is pretty weak i think. come playoff time there will be some early blowouts. the top few in the region will be able to play with anyone, but the mediocre ones in region 4 wont be very good.

I think that WV might be in the top 3 in the region.

cuero
wimberly
MV
Sinton
ingleside

just my opinion.

Old Green
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
That's the way I see it this Chris. Even though the physical number of teams are down in R4, with the addition of MV and Pleasanton from 4A the Region will be tough for everyone. All the teams mentioned have so many starters back it will be a dog fight .

footballgal
08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Medina Valley will be D2 if Plesanton does make the playoffs. ...

Pleasnton is in 3a again??

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Pleasnton is in 3a again?? Yes. District 27-3A:

Medina Valley (908.5)
Pleasanton (944.5)
Lytle (440.5)
Somersert (889)
Poteet (489)

BIG DIFFERENCES FOR LYTLE & POTEET!! :eek: :eek:

Gobbla2001
08-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I remember a story that one of our coaches told us about Cuero playing Pleasanton...

He said Cuero's bus broke down on the way up... when Cuero arrived at the game they had no time to stretch...

Now the guy who told our coach this story was from Pleasanton and at the game and/or playing in the game...

In his words:

"Cuero got off of the bus, whupped our asses and got back on and left... just like that"

always enjoyed that story...

Old Green
08-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I

Now the guy who told our coach this story was from Pleasanton and at the game and/or playing in the game...

In his words:

"Cuero got off of the bus, whupped our asses and got back on and left... just like that"

always enjoyed that story... That use to happen a lot when we were in the same district;)

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I remember a story that one of our coaches told us about Cuero playing Pleasanton...

He said Cuero's bus broke down on the way up... when Cuero arrived at the game they had no time to stretch...

In his words:

always enjoyed that story...

Great story! :clap:

Bandera YaYa
08-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes. District 27-3A:

Medina Valley (908.5)
Pleasanton (944.5)
Lytle (440.5)
Somersert (889)
Poteet (489)

BIG DIFFERENCES FOR LYTLE & POTEET!! :eek: :eek: Soooooo glad we are not in that district this year!!!! :D

3afan
08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
MV will be a major factor in R-III this year ......

Gobbla2001
08-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
MV will be a major factor in R-III this year ......

so you're saying they make the semi's?

Gobbla2001
08-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Soooooo glad we are not in that district this year!!!! :D

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Gotta have faith :D

3afan
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
so you're saying they make the semi's?

I'l define "major factor" on my birthday ... how's that?