I was hoping you knew.

87 TIGER
08-22-2006, 08:05 AM
did anyone even go to this scrimmage?
info please

cdlvj
08-24-2006, 08:03 AM
From the Fredericksburg paper.

Looking back at Saturday’s scrimmage in La Grange, Herbort said the FHS coaching staff was “real pleased” with the performance of Billie freshmen and junior varsity teams.

Meanwhile, he characterized the Fredericksburg varsity effort as being “average overall, although our backs ran well and our performance on the offensive line and in pass protection was super.”

He noted also that La Grange “threw some unfamiliar stuff at us, like four wide-outs and the shotgun, but we adjusted pretty well. We got to the ball pretty well and caused a lot of turnovers due to our very physical play.”

In terms of scoring, FHS came out ahead, 2-1, in touchdowns scored against the perennial Class AAA La Grange program which last won the state title in 2000.

Both teams’ first squads each scored once in the first go-round before the FHS first string scored once more during game-like action later in the morning.

“We played a lot of kids and mixed and matched combinations to get as good a look as we could at everyone,” said Herbort who figured that “all in all, we got a lot of good out of the trip.”

Gobbler Fan
08-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Cuero - La Grange scrimmage today starting at 5:00 with the fish .

Pudlugger
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Any reports of the LG Cuero scrimmage yet?

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Any reports of the LG Cuero scrimmage yet?
I was at Trinity yesterday Pud. I thought you should know this as I'm still following your 'ole team.:clap: