PDA

View Full Version : Another good McGee Article

Bulldog_12
08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Heres another article from San Antonio that tells about how much Stephen has changed the attitude of this team. I hope he lives up to the hype around him.....

Link to story (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/roliver/stories/MYSA082006.1C.oliver.33c9fb4.html)

sahen
08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
u know, i really hope the kid has a decent year because if he doesnt you aggies will be throwing him to the dogs.....yall have built this kid up to be the savior of aggie football and he is human, he is going to have to grow into it, very few peopel can just go QB a D1-A team at an elite level in just his 3rd game of experience....i guess yall learned nothing w/ Reggie after that OU game his freshman year...it is possible to put too much pressure on a person and build him up to be something he isnt....

Emerson1
08-20-2006, 06:03 PM
A&M will be a less talented USC. Meaning hey will be good on offense and score a high amount, but the defense will probably give up just as man. They are gonna have to hope Courtney Lewis can stay healthy.

AggieJohn
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A&M will be a less talented USC. Meaning hey will be good on offense and score a high amount, but the defense will probably give up just as man. They are gonna have to hope Courtney Lewis can stay healthy. Far from that kyle, you couldn't be more wrong......

The offense is will be fine....and courtney willl be fine..as far as the defense goes, A&M doesn't have many recruits that have come in that are very good lineman on the D, that's why when Darnell came in, he implemented the 4-2-5.....A&M has a fast secondary and Very VERY GOOOD LB's which should control much of the line of scrimmage......

About the only way that A&M might need to worry about getting burnt is in special teams.....they seemed to get burned on opposing teams returns

I'm not saying that we are going back to the glory days of the wrecking crew, but i Do think that A&M has to get by Tceh to be considered a legitimate threat.....call that game your litmus test.....

I like the patty cake OOC schedule....it breeds confidence in your abilities...if you don't believe me check the OOC schedule of A&M's basketball team and then where they landed...

I know i was a reggie HOMER when i was at A&M, but i can honestly say last year that around the texas game, i was itching for McGee to be able to play. I have had several friends that have been out with Steven, and the man is as level headed as the papers talk about.

just my .03 cents(more that just the two, because well, look at my screen name)

KTJ
08-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by sahen
u know, i really hope the kid has a decent year because if he doesnt you aggies will be throwing him to the dogs.....yall have built this kid up to be the savior of aggie football and he is human, he is going to have to grow into it, very few peopel can just go QB a D1-A team at an elite level in just his 3rd game of experience....i guess yall learned nothing w/ Reggie after that OU game his freshman year...it is possible to put too much pressure on a person and build him up to be something he isnt....

I agree.

The guy has played 5 quarters of football. I'm not saying he won't succeed. But people are saying he's the best thing since sliced bread. I understand A&M fans are their usual optimistic selves right now--heck, everyone is--but it, to me, will be a wait-and-see. McGee won't be standing up after long if he keeps taking hits like he did in the Texas game.

Bulldog_12
08-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I agree.

The guy has played 5 quarters of football. I'm not saying he won't succeed. But people are saying he's the best thing since sliced bread. I understand A&M fans are their usual optimistic selves right now--heck, everyone is--but it, to me, will be a wait-and-see. McGee won't be standing up after long if he keeps taking hits like he did in the Texas game.

Thats the thing though. He has said several times that he likes the pressure being put on himself like that. He says it makes him want to be even better. I cant remember where I saw that, but I am hoping he is right. He showed he can handle a little pressure on T+1 last year.

YBS
08-20-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't care how we win just win 9 or more and I'll be good.

KTJ
08-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I don't care how we win just win 9 or more and I'll be good.

You'd be disappointed with 8 wins?

Bulldawg?

espn1
08-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Not only will he put A&M back on track, but he'll also be playing Pro Ball in a few years. You can take that to the bank.

AggieJohn
08-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I agree.

http://tamu-and-baseball.com/pics/mcgee-bounceup.gif
you mean this KTJ? yeah, but as you see he bounced back up.....and i think it bodes well for him that he was so poised in his six quarters of college football.....especially considering 4 of those were against the eventual national champions

Txbroadcaster
08-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Far from that kyle, you couldn't be more wrong......

The offense is will be fine....and courtney willl be fine..as far as the defense goes, A&M doesn't have many recruits that have come in that are very good lineman on the D, that's why when Darnell came in, he implemented the 4-2-5.....A&M has a fast secondary and Very VERY GOOOD LB's which should control much of the line of scrimmage......

About the only way that A&M might need to worry about getting burnt is in special teams.....they seemed to get burned on opposing teams returns

I'm not saying that we are going back to the glory days of the wrecking crew, but i Do think that A&M has to get by Tceh to be considered a legitimate threat.....call that game your litmus test.....

I like the patty cake OOC schedule....it breeds confidence in your abilities...if you don't believe me check the OOC schedule of A&M's basketball team and then where they landed...

I know i was a reggie HOMER when i was at A&M, but i can honestly say last year that around the texas game, i was itching for McGee to be able to play. I have had several friends that have been out with Steven, and the man is as level headed as the papers talk about.

just my .03 cents(more that just the two, because well, look at my screen name)

First off the fact you have Gary Darnell as your DC does not bode well. Simply put the guy is not a great DC. Just look at his tenure at Texas.

As far as LBs yes u have Warren, but after that what do you have? the LB corp is VERY thin for A&M.

Your secondary has talent, but it is UNPROVEN talent. Learning a defense with 3 safety positions is going to be tough. A ton of new reads is not easy to take in over a few months

As far as McGee, I have said it on here before, he is being put up on such a level, that if he fails, he will be eaten alive.

He still has ALOT to learn. 5 Qs does not make a QB..and the simple fact he threw for all of 283 yds while going 24-53 shows he still has alot to learn.

Just look at Vince Young's RS Soph year and see how it almost half the year before he was playing well and had the confidence of his team.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
You'd be disappointed with 8 wins?

Bulldawg?

Honestly, I would. The schedule sets up to where you should automatically win four games in non-conference. Then I think we should be able to beat BU, OSU, Mizzou, and KU. Then we should win half of the big games (NU and OU are our best shots). It has to be this year in my eyes because it sure as heck wont be next year. Next years schedule is BRUTAL. @Miami, @Tech, @OU, @Mizzou, @NU, and Texas at home.

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Stephen did some great things at Burnet and I hope he does well for himself and A&M, just not against Texas. :)

District303aPastPlayer
08-21-2006, 12:47 AM
im excited for A&M... sounds like the kid has lit a fire in their a55... and the coach loves every minute of it... jawing in a seniors face as a freshman just out of HS, AFTER he lays you up and you pop bakc up says alot about your courage...

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:41 AM
It is really getting exciting now. I have tried hard not to drink the koolaid, but I failed and had a sip.

Chris Hart
08-21-2006, 08:40 AM
I sure can't wait to see him play a full year for A&M. I just hope he stays healthy, if he does, he'll be AWESOME no doubt...:clap:

Macarthur
08-21-2006, 08:54 AM
I think the kid will be very good. I also think A&M has a strong bounce back year.

However, we really won't know anything until the Tech game. That game will dictate the remainder of the season, IMO.

raider red 2000
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
i feel bad for the kid....what is he 20 years old????

and he is the savior of the aggies that have struggled the last few years.....i hope that he can handle the off the field pressure as well as the on the field game.

while i was at TECH everyone always wanted the back up QB to be playing...nobody ever liked the starters....i think that if the kid struggles early than all of the fair weather fans will turn on him. i hope it dosnt happen to the kid.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i feel bad for the kid....what is he 20 years old????

and he is the savior of the aggies that have struggled the last few years.....i hope that he can handle the off the field pressure as well as the on the field game.

while i was at TECH everyone always wanted the back up QB to be playing...nobody ever liked the starters....i think that if the kid struggles early than all of the fair weather fans will turn on him. i hope it dosnt happen to the kid.

This happens at every school. When a school gets a good quarterback that rumor has it is amazing, or if they see something against the scrubs in the 4th quarter, fans go ape about the possibilities. Most people are making a bigger deal about the Ags just to say we are crazy, like always. All I know is that McGee is a Bada** baby puncher and is going to take it to the rest of the Big 12.:D

Phil C
08-21-2006, 03:25 PM
He is an outstanding quarterback and can do great things this year. He can pass and hopefully the Aggies will use that talent more this year and he can have a great year overall but hopefully not against UT. :)

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
It's hard to hate a guy like Stephen even if he is an Aggie.

AggieJohn
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
It is really getting exciting now. I have tried hard not to drink the koolaid, but I failed and had a sip. damn texags

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
damn texags

THAT IS THE EXACT REASON, I HATE THAT PLACE!