PDA

View Full Version : Question For Sinton Fans

maroonpirate04
08-20-2006, 12:53 PM
At work yesterday a co-worker told me that the Sinton Pirate football games will no longer be broadcasted on the air this year. :( Does anyone from Sinton know about this? If it's true it would really suck because when I can't make to the out of town games I usually listen to the game on the radio at work. And now I have to wait in suspense after work to check the final score on the net.:(

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 12:55 PM
that sux...

looks like Cuero's not gunna be on the air this year as well :(

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Ours have never been aired...of course I haven't missed a game in 7 years anyway.

Thank God for cellphones though. I know every score I feel the need to know before I get home!!

sinfan75
08-20-2006, 01:01 PM
I say good riddence. That announcer last year wasn't exactly pro-Sinton. The only time he got excited was when Sinton was losing.

Buccaneer
08-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I say good riddence. That announcer last year wasn't exactly pro-Sinton. The only time he got excited was when Sinton was losing.
How could you tell?
I never could understand a word he said!

sinfan75
08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Because every time Sinton scored it was like a so what sound in his voice. But when things weren't goin well for Sinton his voice was a little more upbeat. Plus somebody told he didn't like Sinton anyway.

sinton66
08-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Radio broadcasts of games require a sponsor. I'm guessing the station simply lost whoever was sponsoring the game, if indeed they won't be broadcast this year. I hadn't heard they wouldn't, but that may be the case. Not much comfort, but we usually try to keep updates going here as best we can with contacts at the games.

District303aPastPlayer
08-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Radio broadcasts of games require a sponsor. I'm guessing the station simply lost whoever was sponsoring the game, if indeed they won't be broadcast this year. I hadn't heard they wouldn't, but that may be the case. Not much comfort, but we usually try to keep updates going here as best we can with contacts at the games.

I got told by hte guy who broadcasts the games (who is from portland) that the ISD which was paying him to do this, didn't really want to pay him anymore, but wanted him to do it anyway... there is a loophole to which the games COULD be broadcast though... give me time and ill see what i can give you

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I say good riddence. That announcer last year wasn't exactly pro-Sinton. The only time he got excited was when Sinton was losing. Who were the announcers??

District303aPastPlayer
08-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Who were the announcers??

RudyR. and Wally V.

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
RudyR. and Wally V. RudyR?? I don't know who that is? Send me a pm, please. :)

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:46 AM
They felt sinton wasnt good enough to be on radio...........:D