PDA

View Full Version : Austin LBJ/Cuero scrimmage

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 10:12 AM
2-0 Cuero... one score by first team and one score by 2nd team...

I think Austin LBJ's first team unit had two or three first downs... Cuero had around 9-ish-10-ish?

First team score was a TD pass from Noack to Gray... the ball was thrown as Noack was hit, beautiful pass under that much pressure...

Cuero's D amazed me, really did...

One complaint I have is about Austin LBJ...

They get a a few yards and they start chanting and getting crazy on the sideline...

They make a stop on defense and their defense gets allllll crazy and the sideline gets all crazy with those chants, like they're dancing...

district game, season on the line, playoffs? That's cool

scrimmage in Cuero? Take that stuff back to Austin...

Plus all of the taunting? if you were tackled you were stood over by one of their guys (or more)... again, district game, season on the line, big rivalry or something? I can understand...

But I will say they was all sorts of talent on that team from Austin LBJ and it looks as if they have a bunch coming up as well...

That was one of the best defenses I have seen in a while... the offense needs some work though... I guess watch out for 'em if you're in that area in 4A...

Another complaint is that one coach from LBJ...

Trey Gray was one on one with a db (Who I believe played QB on their last first team sequence and is REALLY dangerous)...

Gray burns the dude pretty good and Noack hits him with a beautiful pass on the sideline that Gray dropped...

Anyway, the coach runs across the field yelling at #1 hardcore for what seemed to be a minute but was really only 15 seconds... the thing is it took place right infront of the Cuero sideline, infront of the Cuero fans and there wasn't anything positive about the yelling... he pretty much told the kid "you let him burn you, you just got burned? you went to state in track and you're gunna let that kid burn you? " and it went on for about five more seconds... it was just uncalled for I thought... if you're gunna yell at these guys you need to be teaching them, not putting them down INFRONT OF A CROWD during a 'scrimmage'...

Teach coaches, don't put the kids down...

PPHSfan
08-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Your'e such a puss:D

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Your'e such a puss:D

nah, I'm Gobbla2001 :D

PPHSfan
08-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
nah, I'm Gobbla2001 :D

Make that

Hall of Famer Gobbla2001

puss:D

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Make that

Hall of Famer Gobbla2001

puss:D

haha

PPHSfan
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
When I grow up, can I be just like you?

eagles_victory
08-20-2006, 10:26 AM

One complaint I have is about Austin LBJ...

They get a a few yards and they start chanting and getting crazy on the sideline...

They make a stop on defense and their defense gets allllll crazy and the sideline gets all crazy with those chants, like they're dancing...

I know what you mean last year we scored a touchdown against Rockdale in a scrimmage and they had a guy get a pretty good hit on our guy as he got in the end zone and they went nuts like they won the district title when they just got scored on.

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I know what you mean last year we scored a touchdown against Rockdale in a scrimmage and they had a guy get a pretty good hit on our guy as he got in the end zone and they went nuts like they won the district title when they just got scored on.

yah, that's the type of stuff I'm talking about...

Must have been BBDE or Tiger haha

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
When I grow up, can I be just like you?

no, I'm a special order

PPHSfan
08-20-2006, 10:31 AM
no, I'm a special order

Excuse me while I go purge.

Old Green
08-20-2006, 10:57 AM
The depth on Cuero's defensive line and the speed these big boys have amazed me. They substituted so many lineman yet they were still getting penetration in the the LBJ backfield. Desmond Patton the Sophomore tackle had several qb sacks as did Kaeron Johnson (Gobbler84). They're living up to Dave Campbells Top Juniors and Sophomores list this year.

The 4A Austin LBJ team had a lot speed, power, and spirit. They made the playoffs last year and will again in Region 3 4A.

The coach was a bit abrasive to the player in front of the Cuero Fans. He should have done it on their sidelines.

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
The depth on Cuero's defensive line and the speed these big boys have amazed me. They substituted so many lineman yet they were still getting penetration in the the LBJ backfield. Desmond Patton the Sophomore tackle had several qb sacks as did Kaeron Johnson (Gobbler84). They're living up to Dave Campbells Top Juniors and Sophomores list this year.

The 4A Austin LBJ team had a lot speed, power, and spirit. They made the playoffs last year and will again in Region 3 4A.

The coach was a bit abrasive to the player in front of the Cuero Fans. He should have done it on their sidelines.

Yah, Patton is a monster...

Kaeron was fast in that backfield man, QB didn't have a chance...

secondary is AWESOME... look great at LB... I was really impressed by the defense...

and yes LBJ had a lot of spirit... they look like a close team, in it together...

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 11:42 AM
overall I'm glad we scrimmaged this team, good to take on these tough teams early on in the year...

Old Green
08-20-2006, 11:45 AM
overall I'm glad we scrimmaged this team, good to take on these tough teams early on in the year... Yep ! LBJ definitely matched up well with the Gobblers. Size and speed. Strength needs to be improved for LBJ though.

MagicMan
08-20-2006, 12:06 PM
cuero's o-line looked sloppy. they couldnt block the ends. the pocket always collapsed and none of the outside runs worked. the tackles need to work on a quicker first step. i heard karon suffered a concussion on the last play of the scrimmage

Old Green
08-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
cuero's o-line looked sloppy. they couldnt block the ends. the pocket always collapsed and none of the outside runs worked. the tackles need to work on a quicker first step. i heard karon suffered a concussion on the last play of the scrimmage I think that had to do more with the LBJ defense. They were big and fast. The o-line will get better as well as the running game. Dason Jackson 2nd string running back did have a 60 yard run to the goal line though.

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 12:52 PM
cuero's o-line looked sloppy. they couldnt block the ends. the pocket always collapsed and none of the outside runs worked. the tackles need to work on a quicker first step. i heard karon suffered a concussion on the last play of the scrimmage

considering the team they played they looked 'alright'...

they looked worse against Lockhart in last year's first scrimmage...

they alternated some as well so nothing was consistant...

still looking for the right ones... we have a good problem on the oline...

MagicMan
08-20-2006, 01:04 PM
who all is starting so far for cuero?

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:05 PM
who all is starting so far for cuero?

no one as far as I can tell besides Johnson and Freeman

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:12 PM
And now that I think about it, didn't 44INAROW's son snag him a catch on first team or was that someone else?

44INAROW
08-20-2006, 01:35 PM
And now that I think about it, didn't 44INAROW's son snag him a catch on first team or was that someone else? not this time..... that was Domingo Ruiz - amazing snag wasn't it? :clap:

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
not this time..... that was Domingo Ruiz - amazing snag wasn't it? :clap:

it was an amazing snag... I was wondering if it was your son I couldn't see who got up from it... I was thinking "Damn the boy wants to play coach"

MagicMan
08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
kaeron and freeman cant block the whole defense so hopefully reeve will find himself some linemen on waivers

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 05:42 PM
kaeron and freeman cant block the whole defense so hopefully reeve will find himself some linemen on waivers

yah, the receivers are horrible as well

yoemenkracker30
08-20-2006, 10:38 PM
sounds like Cameron Yoe vs. Austin LBJ - Week 0 should be a good one at Yoe Field

Old Green
08-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
sounds like Cameron Yoe vs. Austin LBJ - Week 0 should be a good one at Yoe Field There were Cameron coaches above us at the scrimage .;)

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Check the other thread, but cuero loses them all, trust me...

JT44
08-22-2006, 10:32 AM
The long run was by David Williams (Martel's brother). The o-line did look shaky, but I do think that had more to do with LBJ's size and speed at linebacker.
Someone else is going to have to be a deep threat with Grey. The loss of J.wesley at the start of the Hutto game is what I thought hurt the gobblers. Without two deep threats, everybody is gonna cheat a safety or two over toward's grey. Grey will beat anyone in 3a man to man

MagicMan
08-22-2006, 12:21 PM
quincy is a great receiver too. so is domingo. cory isnt too bad. TE talent dropped off like crazy though. JTrudd will definitely be missed.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JT44
The long run was by David Williams (Martel's brother). The o-line did look shaky, but I do think that had more to do with LBJ's size and speed at linebacker.
Someone else is going to have to be a deep threat with Grey. The loss of J.wesley at the start of the Hutto game is what I thought hurt the gobblers. Without two deep threats, everybody is gonna cheat a safety or two over toward's grey. Grey will beat anyone in 3a man to man

Well I think it was LBJ's size and speed mixed with Cuero being conservative and the way it goes in your first time hitting someone besides your second team defense/scout team...

I remember the oline not looking too well against Lockhart in last year's first scrimmage...

There will be a receiver to go with Gray, that's for sure, no problem there...

Rudd for sure will be missed though, but I'm sure there will be someone that half-way replaces him (half-way is pretty good)...