PDA

View Full Version : WO-S CRUSHES BARBER'S HILL (Jody)

Crimestick
08-19-2006, 10:43 PM
In a four-quarter game simulation, the Mustangs dropped BH 33-7 tonight in a game that was not nearly as close as the score. BH had one sustained drive that was stopped on four consecutive runs from the one. The only score came on a big QB run. WO-S had absolutely no trouble running or passing all night. The backups (fourth RB) came in with about five minutes left or WO-S almost certainly would have scored again.

Where is Jody these days? He was supposed to come over for a "meet and greet," but apparently decided not to at the half, when the score was just 21-0.

Either BH is just a very, very weak team or WO-S should have a nice year.

tam
08-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Barbers Hill had all kinds of problems with Wo-s speed...they couldn't keep up. Wo-s was putting some hard hits on the ball carriers and causing some turnovers. Wo-s alternated Qb's most of the game and BH couldn't stop either one of them. The offensive line for Wo-s did an excellent job, Bh couldn't get any pressure on the Qb's and Depauldrick Garrett got about 8 yards a carry and was very hard to tackle despite his small size. Earl Thomas did very well both running and catching the ball. The defensive line needs a little work in getting pressure on the Qb...other than that, it was a flawless performance by Wo-s. Bh was was totally overmatched.

tigerpride_08
08-20-2006, 08:54 AM
hmm thats interesting news...our first game is against barbers hill...

raider red 2000
08-20-2006, 09:03 AM
i assume that the BH was still running the spread?

what were they doin on defense?

PPHSfan
08-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

Sounds more like they were running after Mustangs.

tam
08-20-2006, 09:24 AM
They wasn't really doing a whole lot on defense. They had alot of trouble with the speed and I think that affected them offensively having to chase around faster players all game. They got beat deep a few times even though Wo-s qb overthrew a few of the passes. Bh is a little better at covering the short pass. Offensively I think Bh best play is the slant pass...they couldn't go deep very often because of the speed of the Wo=s defenders. They may have more success with that with other teams that aren't as fast as Wo-s, but it was hard for them to get an opening.

pantherpop
08-20-2006, 09:31 AM
All I can say is WOW!! I never woulda thunk it.

WOS1
08-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

what were they doin on defense?

Yes, BH is still running out of the spread, no huddle. They had 2 good drives during the game, both of which died out inside the Mustang 20 and then they had the long run that they scored on when we missed a couple of tackles. Other than the long run, they did not have much succes running it. They were most successful with the short passing game.

Defensively I expected much more out of them. They are supposed to be returning like 9 or 10 kids from last years team, but our offense pretty much had their way with them. I think our experince in the offensive line is going to be key for us this year. We were getting 5-6 yards per carry against an experienced team. The passing game looked good. Bevil was about 9-13 for 175 and 1 TD. We will have a stable of receivers.

All in all, it was a great first scrim for WO-S. BH on the other hand has A LOT of work ahead of them, but it is just a first scrim so that is to be expected.

Old Green
08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Yes, BH is still running out of the spread, no huddle. They had 2 good drives during the game, both of which died out inside the Mustang 20 and then they had the long run that they scored on when we missed a couple of tackles. Other than the long run, they did not have much succes running it. They were most successful with the short passing game.

Defensively I expected much more out of them. They are supposed to be returning like 9 or 10 kids from last years team, but our offense pretty much had their way with them. I think our experince in the offensive line is going to be key for us this year. We were getting 5-6 yards per carry against an experienced team. The passing game looked good. Bevil was about 9-13 for 175 and 1 TD. We will have a stable of receivers.

All in all, it was a great first scrim for WO-S. BH on the other hand has A LOT of work ahead of them, but it is just a first scrim so that is to be expected. Congrats. Sounds like WOS is picking up where they left off last year.:)

PlayaJBiehl20
08-20-2006, 11:12 AM
how far did wos get last year?

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 11:15 AM

Defensively I expected much more out of them.

I think we all did... I think they're overrated (or thought more highly of than they should be, no offense) and WO-S is just damn good...

congrats...

WOS1
08-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys... we still have plenty of work to do, but not bad for the first time out.

Old Green
08-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Where's Jody !:devil:

WOS1
08-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
how far did wos get last year?

State semi-finals where we lost to eventual champ Wimberley.

WOS1
08-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Where's Jody !:devil:

He's gone missing, must be an alien abduction or something...:thinking: :D

Old Green
08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
He's gone missing, must be an alien abduction or something...:thinking: :D :D :clap:

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 11:51 AM
He's gone missing, must be an alien abduction or something...:thinking: :D

No, he's probably on a 4A message board talking crap to fans of 4A's finest, telling them just how much their teams are overrated :rolleyes:

WOS1
08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
LOL... probably.

I'll tell you one thing, they had better thank their UIL stars that they ended up in the district they did and Dayton wound up in 22-4A. Had the UIL went the other direction, they would be in DEEP DO-DO. They might not win a single district game if they were in that district...;)

griff
08-20-2006, 12:40 PM
What is the 4A football web address?

Old Green
08-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by griff
What is the 4A football web address? I think it www.texaaaasports.com

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:14 PM

DEEP DO-DO.

just sounds nasty...:doh:

Crimestick
08-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Here's a shot from the scrimmage that pretty much sums it up.
http://www.kogt.com/TEMP/earl-bh%20copy.jpg

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Here's a shot from the scrimmage that pretty much sums it up.
http://www.kogt.com/TEMP/earl-bh%20copy.jpg

ha

EAGLETOWN
08-21-2006, 01:22 AM

All in all, it was a great first scrim for WO-S. BH on the other hand has A LOT of work ahead of them, but it is just a first scrim so that is to be expected.

I am not going to make excuses.

We did not make a good showing at all.

I'll start with this.

WOS played it like a game and BH did not.

Our coaches new we had a lot of "?" and WOS exploited them.

We definately have a lot of problem areas to work on and this game gave it to them.

We have an entire O line and QB to replace and after designating 3 of our big play makers to offense we lost three senior starters in the secondary and it showed.

On the WOS side of the ball they looked really good for the first outing and are going to be really tough again this year.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Could be because BH sucks.....................

EAGLETOWN
08-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Could be because BH sucks.....................

Yeah it could be that to. :clap:

WOS1
08-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
WOS played it like a game and BH did not.

Please explain this statement. I could have sworn that the BH kids played in the same 4 qtr scrimmage that the WO-S kids did...:thinking:

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Could be because BH sucks..................... Late night posting at its finest!! LMAO! :D

EAGLETOWN
08-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Please explain this statement. I could have sworn that the BH kids played in the same 4 qtr scrimmage that the WO-S kids did...:thinking:

Yes they did play the same 4 quarters I agree.

Don't get me wrong.

I am a die hard Eagle fan, but I do try to look at things from the outside.

Just like if I was watching someone else play.

My point is WOS played the game more like a regular Friday night game.

Yall even had the cheerleaders out.

BH had a lot of question marks going in.

We had no idea of who was going to fit in where and if they would.

I think had it been a real game later in the year BH would have been ready and done a lot of things different.

Although I don't think we would have won then either.

WOS looked just like the team I watched play the last few years which has a lot to do with all of your talent and a great Staff.

They look ready to play a regular game.

The coaches were obviously happy with who they had where for the first few quarters.

Then started subing in the second half.

Had they not it would have been brutal.

WOS has a really good ball team this year, like always and are really going to be tuff again.

To me it looked like WOS was trying to get game speed for their starters and BH was trying to find starters.

I know I typed in circles, but I hoped that helped.