PDA

View Full Version : University of Texas

Old Tiger
08-19-2006, 07:59 PM
From what I'm reading the offence is looking good! :D It's going to be a fun season :)

KTJ, care to give us a run down as to what you think since you were there.

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 08:32 PM
How does the offense look?

sinton66
08-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Okay, I'll bite.....what DOES the PP stand for?

kaorder1999
08-19-2006, 08:33 PM
McCoy shines in UT scrimmage

08:02 PM CDT on Saturday, August 19, 2006

By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

AUSTIN – Coaches have been saying all through camp that redshirt freshman Colt McCoy would start at quarterback if the season began today.

McCoy did nothing to dispel that thinking in Saturday's scrimmage, appearing to separate from true freshman Jevan Snead. McCoy was 5-of-6 passing for 68 yards. McCoy led the first-team offense on two touchdown drives against the second-team defense and then took the rest of the day off.

Snead was 4-of-8 passing for 24 yards with an interception and a sack. Snead led three drives and part of a fourth – but none of them produced points.

"Colt has come out and been very efficient in both scrimmages we've had. Jevan is learning," Brown said. "You can see there is a tremendous amount of talent in both of them. Both will be outstanding players."

Snead went three-and-out on a drive with the second-team offense against the first-team defense. On his second drive, Snead worked with the first-team offense against the second-team defense. But that drive stalled when Snead was sacked by freshman DE Lamarr Houston on third down.

On his third drive, Snead worked with the first-team offense against the second-team defense but was intercepted by freshman S Robert Joseph.

Snead got three plays in another drive with the first-team offense against the second-team defense before he was replaced by Sherrod Harris.

The team's final scrimmage of fall camp will be Wednesday night. It is closed to the public and media.

BRIEFLY: RB Selvin Young (four carries for 56 yards and a TD), RB Jamaal Charles (three carries for 31 yards and a TD) and WR Limas Sweed (three catches for 63 yards) all had notable performances Saturday. ... Young had a 35-yard punt return, and Aaron Ross had a 42-yard kick return. ... LB Sergio Kindle of Woodrow Wilson, who has missed every practice since Aug. 8 with an ankle injury, did not play Saturday. ... Freshman K Hunter Lawrence hit a field goal from 37 yards but had another one from that distance blocked by DE Brian Robison. ... K Greg Johnson hit from 37 yards. ... QB Sherrod Harris was 2-of-3 passing for 13 yards and ran twice for 14 yards. ... Freshman DBs Chykie Brown, Deon Beasley and Robert Joseph all played well and appear unlikely to redshirt. ... Mack Brown said freshman DT Ben Alexander would play this season.

E-mail chipbrown@dallasnews.com

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Okay, I'll bite.....what DOES the PP stand for?

Somebody will guess it one of these days.

Here are some incorrect guesses so far.

Pleasantly Plump

Party Pooper

Phsyco Pidgeon

Purple Penguin

KTJ
08-19-2006, 09:11 PM
The offense does look great. McCoy will be better than most people think. He's coming along nicely.

Two Words - Selvin Young. Selving looks like his old self again. He looks like he did his freshman year when people were claiming he'd be better than Benson.

Jamaal started off right where he left off. he amazes me all the time.

Sweed is a natural--as is Billy Pittman. Our receiving corps is pretty stacked. I still give the edge to Tech right now as to who has the best receivers in the Big 12, Texas is right there, if not better.

I think our offense will surprise a lot of folks. People forget we still have a buttload of offensive power coming back. It wasn 't all VY.

sinton66
08-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Pleasantly Plump

Party Pooper

Phsyco Pidgeon

Purple Penguin

Can I venture a guess or two?

How about :

Promiscuous Pachyderm,

Pontifical Packhorse,

Petal Pusher,

Parimutuel Panderer,

Paradoxial Parrot,

or possibly

Pantaloon Pansy?:D

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Can I venture a guess or two?

sure

sinton66
08-19-2006, 09:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

already did.

SintonFan
08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Pleasantly Plump

Party Pooper

Phsyco Pidgeon

Purple Penguin
I guessed it right once...:(
but then after my unromming back in '02 I decided I wouldn't guess again.:o

sinton66
08-19-2006, 09:52 PM
PPHSfan, did you see my guesses above?

SintonFan
08-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I like this one:
Paradoxial Parrot :D

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 09:56 PM

rofl

you got close on a couple.:D

sinton66
08-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Heh heh, that one and the pachyderm were my favorites.:D

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I feel like a thread pirate.

AAAAAARGHHHHHHH

sinton66
08-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Maybe we should just start another thread.

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 10:09 PM
uno wordo, repeato