PDA

View Full Version : Snakes on a Plane

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I am surprised I havent seen this yet as a thread topic. Has anyone else besides me seen this/ I loved every minute of this movie and feel it should be nominated for an academy award for best movie ever made. The snake vision was awesome.:D

kaorder1999
08-19-2006, 05:01 PM
so are you being sarcastic or was it really a good one

Emerson1
08-19-2006, 05:02 PM
It's has gotten 62% positive reviews
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snakes_on_a_plane/

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
so are you being sarcastic or was it really a good one

It was definitely entertaining. It is not a movie to go into thinking its a serious flick. You can tell the actors dont take it seriously as they over-act everything. I was rolling the entire time. It was the best 7.50 I have spent at the movies in a while. HILARIOUS!

shankbear
08-19-2006, 05:04 PM
How many times did Samuel L. Jackson drop the "F" bomb?

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
How many times did Samuel L. Jackson drop the "F" bomb?

Not enough. He kept it at a good rate though. I really thought every other word would be it. But he just sprinkled it around enough to make it funny.

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I was gonna skip this one. Are you sure I should spend a couple hours of my life watching it? I would hate to half to hunt you down and kill you, or loan you twenty bucks.

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I was gonna skip this one. Are you sure I should spend a couple hours of my life watching it? I would hate to half to hunt you down and kill you, or loan you twenty bucks.

I dont know what your sense of humor is. The way these snakes kill people had me rolling. Just the sheer insanity is hilarious. I suggest going with friends though. Its really fun to sit and crack jokes the entire time. I think I was crying at one point from laughing so hard.

PPHSfan
08-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok, I am gonna go watch it tonight. If I don't laugh, I am gonna come on here and make you cry like a schoolgirl.:D

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 05:33 PM
this may sound corny, but im deathly afraid of snakes whether they're real or not, i won't even get w/ in 20 feet of a grass snake

injuredinmelee
08-19-2006, 05:53 PM
i wasnt gonna go see it but based on your recommendation I will and you better be right... lol

MHSvarsity2007
08-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
this may sound corny, but im deathly afraid of snakes whether they're real or not, i won't even get w/ in 20 feet of a grass snake

same here. i will not be seeing this movie for a while.

TPlinebacker53
08-19-2006, 08:26 PM
i didnt think that movie looked very good...it has by far teh stupidest name tho

SnyTigBaseB07
08-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

high five dude, points on honesty

i hate snakes for real i once stepped on a garden hose outside at night, i didnt go back out until the next morning....i was scared outta my mind.

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 10:15 PM
me and my friend were playing basketball the other day and we found a huge grassnake i ran inside the house and came back out but i wouldn't get w/ in 20 feet

DaHop72
08-19-2006, 10:20 PM
"Snakes, it had to be snakes"

Until they are dead, every snake is a rattlesnake.:D

SintonFan
08-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by TPlinebacker53
i didnt think that movie looked very good...it has by far teh stupidest name tho
No... no!
That title made me laugh the first time I ever heard it. It generated it's own buzz the minute it was announced. Genius? Maybe not, but whooda thunk it would create so much pre-movie hype just based on the name?:D I doubt few would. Fun for sure.:clap:

SintonFan
08-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Much wisdom there fren.:clap: :D

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Samuel l Jackson signed on without even reading the script just because of the name. The studio tried to change it halfway through, but jackson threatened to leave.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 12:31 AM
In the past week we have killed 2 rattlesnakes at my house and last saturday I was helping my son pull weeds at his house. I reached down and grabbed a weed and felt something "smushy" against my hand....I pulled the weed up and there lay a rattlesnake all coiled up. He had his head hunkered down in his body and never moved.

My son picked him up and put him in feed trough...I went out there and looked in it about 10 minutes later...no more snake!!:eek: :eek:

MHSvarsity2007
08-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72

we live in the country and they get in our house sometimes. oh wow. not pleasant when i find a snake in my house. :eek:

3afan
08-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Letterman can't quit talking about the movie - he's obsessed I think - pretty funny stuff

tam
08-20-2006, 08:31 AM
This is an excellent movie...a must see. A really funny part to me, well I'm a girl so it might be funny to me, but not you guys. Without telling you the whole movie,but it was funny when the guy went to the restroom and when he was peeing a snake came up out of the toilet and grabbed his penis and he was yelling " Let go of my d***. lol

PPHSfan
08-20-2006, 09:20 AM
:eek:

Bulldog_12
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by tam
This is an excellent movie...a must see. A really funny part to me, well I'm a girl so it might be funny to me, but not you guys. Without telling you the whole movie,but it was funny when the guy went to the restroom and when he was peeing a snake came up out of the toilet and grabbed his penis and he was yelling " Let go of my d***. lol

All of the snake attacks were awesome. when the people joined the "mile high club", the anaconda, etc. AWESOME to the MAX!

shankbear
08-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I hate snakes. The only good one is a fried one. Going to see the movie tonight. Will I laugh? Soil myself? Be shocked?

Bulldog_12
08-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I hate snakes. The only good one is a fried one. Going to see the movie tonight. Will I laugh? Soil myself? Be shocked?

All three

sweetwater07
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM
this movie seems like 2 hours of my life that i'll never get back...i'll take yalls opinion and say enjoy!!

shankbear
08-20-2006, 09:12 PM
At least it was at the "cheap show". It was crap on a Ritz cracker. High budget for Samuel L. Jackson and J. Marguiles and a bunch of nobodies.

It had funny entertainment value. Laughed from the first snake on.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 12:58 AM
At least it was at the "cheap show". It was crap on a Ritz cracker. High budget for Samuel L. Jackson and J. Marguiles and a bunch of nobodies.

It had funny entertainment value. Laughed from the first snake on.

I told you it was hilarious. Thats the point. I rolled the entire time. best money I have spent at the movies in a long time.

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I told you it was hilarious. Thats the point. I rolled the entire time. best money I have spent at the movies in a long time. :thinking: Maybe I should've have seen this instead of Talladega Nights. :doh:

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: Maybe I should've have seen this instead of Talladega Nights. :doh:

Yeah I laughed more in SOAP than I did in Talladega nights. Dont get me wrong, it was a funny movie, but I think it was overhyped. I went in expecting too much.

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah I laughed more in SOAP than I did in Talladega nights. Dont get me wrong, it was a funny movie, but I think it was overhyped. I went in expecting too much. Yeah, I really went in thinking Ricky Bobby was a knee slapper...not so much. Molly Shannon's 3 minutes were freakin' hysterical though!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I really went in thinking Ricky Bobby was a knee slapper...not so much. Molly Shannon's 3 minutes were freakin' hysterical though!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yeah, the best part of the movie were the outtakes at the end.

98% of us will die at some point in our lives.

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 01:08 AM
yeah, the best part of the movie were the outtakes at the end.

98% of us will die at some point in our lives. :doh: I feel like an idiot for leaving during the credits...something I never do, but I had to go potty.

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:08 AM
:doh: I feel like an idiot for leaving during the credits...something I never do, but I had to go potty.

Gotta have priorities.

But you did miss some hilarious crap.

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Gotta have priorities.

But you did miss some hilarious crap. I heard the 98% bit as I was walking out and wanted to go back in, but I really had to go!! :eek: :D

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:12 AM
I heard the 98% bit as I was walking out and wanted to go back in, but I really had to go!! :eek: :D

Yeah the another good one is

Im here to tell you about packs of wild dogs that rule 85% of inner cities in America.