View Full Version : So, about the Sweetwater scrimmage

Mustangpride09
08-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Anyone see it? Thoughts on the offense?

Ranger Mom
08-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Anyone see it? Thoughts on the offense?

I saw it! The offensive line started out slow and the RB's couldn't go anywhere. By the end of the scrimmage, they started clicking and there were lots of first downs to be had. Nice little TD run by Banyard too.

Saw #77 knock the everliving snot out of the MC QB. He fumbled the ball...the hit looked almost in slow motion.

There was a collected "OWWWWW" from BOTH sides!

stangGirl2007
08-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Well.. I missed the first 20 min of the scrimmage but from what I saw.. it was alright.
Saw things I liked but it wasn't as good as it should be.
It made me wish week 0 was already here.

Stownhorse
08-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I was talkin to some of the players just a sec ago and from how they were putting it...it wasnt too bueno

Stownhorse
08-19-2006, 05:31 PM
I heard a couple of our guys got blown up and we couldnt move the ball till right at the end

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 05:40 PM
how many starters is s-water returning on o/d

stangGirl2007
08-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I heard a couple of our guys got blown up and we couldnt move the ball till right at the end

yeah...:(

injuredinmelee
08-19-2006, 06:08 PM
arent they replacing alot of linemen this fall? Is the new starting qb the kid that played against Wylie last year?

oh well
08-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Very Interesting?

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by oh well
Very Interesting?

nah... it'll get better... scrimmages are when you try and work on stuff... usually a great passing team that works on passing all of the time is going to be the team to look better in a scrimmage, esspecially the first one...

oh well
08-20-2006, 01:19 PM
I meant MC must be real good this year. They are a private school and seem to be real good. If they slowed down SW then They have a chance to Win the whole thing again. Did SW work on their passing game?

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 01:24 PM
I meant MC must be real good this year. They are a private school and seem to be real good. If they slowed down SW then They have a chance to Win the whole thing again. Did SW work on their passing game?

I missed the first 30 minutes of the scrimmage, I wanna say they passed maybe 30 - 40% of the time...but I could be way off base there.

IMO, MC is gonna be real good this season. They are big and strong.

I hate controlled scrimmages, they didn't even get to play a quarter or anything...it was just 10 (or however many) offensive plays and then on to defense. Worked on the punts and field goals.

I know one time Swater intercepted and took off....they blew the whistle....so a 1-0 score isnt' even accurate to me, defense never even had a chance to score.

That's my 2 cents worth!!

:D

oh well
08-20-2006, 01:27 PM
MC does have a good program seems like they always have athletes. I am sure it was a good test for both programs.

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I know one time Swater intercepted and took off....they blew the whistle....so a 1-0 score isnt' even accurate to me, defense never even had a chance to score.

Yah, one of our guys made a great interception down around our 3 yard line, looked like he could have made it 97 yards for the TD, but he knew the whistle would blow so he just picked it off and stood there with the ball

wildstangs
08-20-2006, 01:35 PM
MC does have a good program seems like they always have athletes. I am sure it was a good test for both programs.

MC usually has some great athletes...Seems like Lee, Midland, and Andrews always lose a player to them.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
MC usually has some great athletes...Seems like Lee, Midland, and Andrews always lose a player to them.

LOL!! And they wonder why Greenwood never wants to schedule them!

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Gilmer and Celina usually have some great athletes...Seems like Lee, Midland, and Andrews always lose a player to them.

huh?

:D :evilgrin: :evil: :devil:

Gobbla2001
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Isn't Green still at Swater???

If so how'd he do-do?

I Bleed Red08
08-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

If so how'd he do-do? Yes he is still at Sweetwater I have no clue how he did lol i missed the scrimmage because i was playing in a Varsity Tennis Match.

SwtwtrMstngs04
08-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Who was QB for Sweetwater? does anyone know any stats. I wish i coulda gone. Well if someone can update me on that it would be great thanks.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 05:59 PM

If so how'd he do-do?

He was there but I can't tell you how he did because I didn't know which kid he was....he isn't wearing the number he used to, so I didn't recognize him.

I went to lunch with some Sweetwater people afterwards and they were telling me about it.

Stownhorse
08-20-2006, 06:29 PM
QB is Duone Cunnings now the stats idk

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Who was QB for Sweetwater? does anyone know any stats. I wish i coulda gone. Well if someone can update me on that it would be great thanks.

A Holsey (sp?) kid played some QB also!

sweetwater07
08-20-2006, 07:58 PM
He was there but I can't tell you how he did because I didn't know which kid he was....he isn't wearing the number he used to, so I didn't recognize him.

I went to lunch with some Sweetwater people afterwards and they were telling me about it.

Green changed his number to #2...Banyard#3....Duone Cunnings(QB)#4

shadow13
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM

If so how'd he do-do? He had 2 carries and played some on defense, I had to work so I missed the scrimmage,but for what I'm told it wasn't a very good 1st scrimmage for the team. They will be looking to preform alot better in Vernon,I'm sure this weeks practices will be alot more intense.

oh well
08-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I bet he carries the ball a lot more in week 0.

zeus63
08-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Sweetwater looked preety good, as always.

M.C. defense was tough, but I was not at all impressed with their offense. However, I think that they will pick up as the season prgresses.

shadow13
08-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
Sweetwater looked preety good, as always.

M.C. defense was tough, but I was not at all impressed with their offense. However, I think that they will pick up as the season prgresses. Zeus where are you from,and how long have you been watching football, because everyone I talked to at work today that went to the scrimmage said that we looked pretty bad.They were saiding that it was the worst scrimmage they have seem us play. No offense, but you are the 1st to say they played good,even some players said they did not do very good as a team. But that they will work extra hard this week to make sure that the Vernon scrimmage is much better then the last one.

mustang04
08-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
Zeus where are you from,and how long have you been watching football, because everyone I talked to at work today that went to the scrimmage said that we looked pretty bad.They were saiding that it was the worst scrimmage they have seem us play. No offense, but you are the 1st to say they played good,even some players said they did not do very good as a team. But that they will work extra hard this week to make sure that the Vernon scrimmage is much better then the last one.

heres the deal shadow...when someone not from s'water watches us...we might be playing like CRAP to the standards we expect of ourselves, but others will say it looked pretty good....we just expect nothing better than the best that anything sub-THAT is bad to us

DU_stud04
08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
heres the deal shadow...when someone not from s'water watches us...we might be playing like CRAP to the standards we expect of ourselves, but others will say it looked pretty good....we just expect nothing better than the best that anything sub-THAT is bad to us

nicely put reg

shadow13
08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
You're probably right, I hate I had to work ,would have love to have seem it myself.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I didn't think it was THAT bad. I missed the first 30 minutes but they seemed to start coming alive more closer to the end.

But what do I know??:p

Stownhorse
08-21-2006, 11:08 PM
I didn't think it was THAT bad. I missed the first 30 minutes but they seemed to start coming alive more closer to the end.

But what do I know??:p

you know alot....but I heard alot lol;)

shadow13
08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
typical sweetwater:clap: