PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Brenham

XMan
08-19-2006, 04:22 PM
How bad did bellville beat 4a brenham? Did Nunn and Pawlak officiate or were "real" refs used? Did Rip try to announce and butcher lots of name?

scotty
08-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Come on you guys, like Former Brahma, if you don’t answer XMan this site isn’t going to be a bit of fun this year. Now if you would add Nunn to go with Alexander on Friday nights, that would be hell for the visiting team. And yes, I would like to know how Bellville did against Brenham.

3afan
08-20-2006, 08:56 AM
who are Nunn and Alexander?

I'm sure they used ''real" refs, the officiating crews need the scrimmage work as much as the teams do

KL3
08-20-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll post more later, but Brenham won 7-6 in the 20 minute live scrimmage session to end the day.

KL3
08-20-2006, 10:18 AM
XMan, you can make fun of the guys who ref at Bellville home games all you want, but I'm sure your boys over in C town are wishing they could come up with something to help their chances after getting drilled by Bellville on their home field the last several years.

By the way, the last time Bellville lost a regular season game was at HOME last year to Cameron Yoe. They haven't lost on the road very much the past few years either.

KL3
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by scotty
Come on you guys, like Former Brahma, if you don’t answer XMan this site isn’t going to be a bit of fun this year.

Your right, everyone on this board knows XMan is a joke, I guess it would be pretty fun to see what kind of nonsense he can come up with during football season, seeing as though his Cardinals will be the worst team once again in their new district.

XMan
08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Ive said it again and ill say it before, im a bellvillian. I do follow teams from all over the are but born and raised a Brahma. Heres a toast to thee.

X

carter08
08-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Columbia will blow out Bellville

scotty
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Carter08: I don't know how you describe a blowout, but to me that means you are willing to give points. How many would you give if I take Bellville?

carter08
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
i'm poor. i don't bet

scotty
08-20-2006, 08:26 PM
I think, Carter08, you are making a smart choice. While I believe that Columbia is going to have a good team, I also see where the Roughnecks had a bit of trouble with Gonzales last year, a team that Bellville was able to toy with. And then the next week Wimberley hung 62 on you. I believe you should be proud if you can stay with Bellville.

neck_06
08-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I think, Carter08, you are making a smart choice. While I believe that Columbia is going to have a good team, I also see where the Roughnecks had a bit of trouble with Gonzales last year, a team that Bellville was able to toy with. And then the next week Wimberley hung 62 on you. I believe you should be proud if you can stay with Bellville.

what did Bellville do in the playoffs last year? o yeah.........dang, early exit where giddings hung 49 on yall's a$$

mac77
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Getting 62 hung on you by Wimberley last year wasn't that unusual. As for struggling with Gonzales, I think the final was
Columbia 21
Gonzales 0

yoemenkracker30
08-20-2006, 10:26 PM
how far did columbia go in the playoffs? what's that? not as far as giddings?....oh what a shame

neck_06
08-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
how far did columbia go in the playoffs? what's that? not as far as giddings?....oh what a shame

what, giddings got stomped by WO-S who then got stomped by Wimberley......oh what a shame.

come on, we could do this all night......:rolleyes:

yoemenkracker30
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM
all I'm sayin is....they made it farther than you....thats all I'm sayin

neck_06
08-20-2006, 10:45 PM
and we made it farther than bellville, so what?

BU97
08-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by mac77

Columbia 21
Gonzales 0

That game was NEVER in doubt, the score was not an accurate reflection of how the game went.

neck_06
08-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BU97
That game was NEVER in doubt, the score was not an accurate reflection of how the game went.

thats what i thought too, but i didn't want to sound like a "homer" poster.

even though i tend to be one every now and again

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:44 AM
leave it to the xman!! :clap: :clap: Little trash talk never hurt anyone....or maybe it has. :thinking:

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Trash talk hurts me sometimes......

carter08
08-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Columbia 21 Bellville 14

KL3
08-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Carter, you do know that Bellville returns 9 kids from an offense that averaged in the 30's last year right?

I'll be very, very surprised if that was the score.

carter08
08-21-2006, 05:36 PM
KL, did you know Columbia has Jared Flannel

XMan
08-21-2006, 07:41 PM
BELLVILLE -- The Brenham Cub football team displayed some of the explosiveness that has the rest of the state looking at Brenham High School as a potential state championship contender Saturday in their first preseason scrimmage of the year.

Brenham scored twice in its first eight plays, as senior quarterback Jarrett Lee hit Kevin Ealey for passes of 65 and 70 yards, then scored one more touchdown during the game simulation on a 70-yard run by junior running back Lester Ward.

Kendrick Washington scored on a 70-yard run for the second-team offense.

“It went pretty well,” Brenham head coach Glen West said. “The main thing was we wanted to play with a lot of effort and come out healthy.

“We feel good about the effort, but we're not thinking that we're where we need to be because golly, we're not where we need to be.”

Lineman Adam Schroder suffered a shoulder injury during the scrimmage, but was the only injury the Cubs had on the day.

Ealey emerged as Brenham's biggest bright spot early, catching a deep, 65-yard pass on the first play from scrimmage. He followed that up with a 15-yard run on the very next play. On the sixth play, Ealey caught a 10-yard out and ran an additional 60 yards thanks to a playmaking block from senior receiver Brandon Collins.

“Collins and (Justin) Daniels didn't have a chance to catch any balls, but they showed a lot of unselfishness,” West said. “They both came back and blocked well.”

Daniels blocked two players on one play that allowed Kyle Mangan to break open a big pass reception.

In their next seven plays, the Cubs were able to move the ball but did not score.

Bellville took advantage of an overaggressive Cub defense in its first possession, West said, gaining yards on a short pass to a running back out of the backfield and turning it into a big play, but the Cub defense settled down as the scrimmage progressed.

“We kept them from moving the ball after that,” West said. “I don't think they had another first down after that initial play. We played real hard and kept them from moving the ball.”

The scrimmage was delayed for 30 minutes by rain, and West said that when the teams finally returned to the field, he didn't think the intensity was the same. Each team had 10 plays with their first team offense, and neither side scored.

Brenham's second-team offense, led by junior quarterback Kyler Crenshaw, found success on Washington's touchdown run, and in passing to Harrison McWilliams and Tremaine Mathis. Brandon Smith also did well at fullback and slot receiver, West said.

The final portion of the scrimmage included a 20-minute game simulation with a continuously running clock. Bellville went three-and-out in its first possession, and the Cubs did the same in their first offensive series.

Bellville scored first after making a pair of first downs followed by a field goal. Brenham immediately answered when Ward ran 70 yards on a counter.

“Lester did a nice job of pass protection and he ran the ball well at times,” West said. “He showed why he's going to be a good back. He's giving us a really, really fine effort.”

Bellville got the ball one more time and kicked a field goal as time ran out.

On the defensive side of the ball, West was impressed by linebacker Will Holle and defensive tackle Corderrol Lewis, as well as defensive end Darrell Nunn.

Artis Edwards broke up a pair of passes, as did Collins, and Ealey created defensive pressure from the linebacker position. Mangan played hard at defensive tackle, West said.

“I think he's got a lot of potential, but he's new to the position,” West said.

West said the defense was too soft against the run at times, but did show the kind of effort he was looking for.

West called the offensive line “adequate” several times, and said the line as a whole did an “OK job,” but was not a point of concern.

“They showed signs they could be a good offensive line,” West said.

On Saturday night, the Cubs visited Jasper to scout Port Neches-Groves, and were impressed with the Indians' scrimmage.

“We have our work cut out for us,” he said. “We're going to have to get better in a hurry to beat them. They're a very good running football team. They're big and they're physical and that's what we defended the worst.”

The Cubs will host its second and final preseason scrimmage Friday with a 6 p.m. simulation with Round Rock Westwood.

Brenham will open the season Sept. 1 against PN-G at Houston's Reliant Stadium.

I was able to find that online in the Brenham Banner Press.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
The article fail to mention that Bellville's 2 best players didn't play. One of those players was the district MVP.

3afan
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
in a scrimmage thats basically irrelevant as far as Brenham goes ....

wos fan1
08-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Sounded like a good one.

sweetwater07
08-21-2006, 10:16 PM
starting to sound like a sweetwater/snyder thread

BTEXDAD
08-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Is that the material they use in uniforms, or what is that?

KL3
08-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by carter08

Yes I do, and I know he is getting looked at by D1 schools. Like I said earlier, I'll be very, very surprised if Columbia wins 21-14.

scotty
08-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Boy that Xman is a great writer as well as a fine prognosticator. I didn't see a byline on the recap story a few posts earlier so he must have written it. Surely he must have been sitting next to Rip in the pressbox to get all of those facts. Fine story Xman.

neck_94
08-22-2006, 02:12 PM
when does west columbia play bellville?

XMan
08-22-2006, 05:29 PM
"Bellville did not play their two best players." If that isnt a typical Bellville sour grape story nothing is. Bellville folks, thats why I hate on my old school. ALAWAYS AN EXCUSE. Just get it done, and if you dont just tip your hat and say you were beat. EXCUSES OUT OF BELLVILLE ANGER ME. Bellville folks want to blame the refs, coaches, field, weather, uniform material, cheerleaders, barometric pressure or whatever. Just play the game.

Also, i noted at the bottom of that article i posted that it came from the Brenham Banner Press.

carter08
08-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by neck_94
when does west columbia play bellville?

Week 1, in Bellville. I probably won't be there, with gas prices so high

wos fan1
08-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Bellville should have another good squad this year.

Bull's-eye
08-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by XMan
"Bellville did not play their two best players." If that isnt a typical Bellville sour grape story nothing is. Bellville folks, thats why I hate on my old school. ALAWAYS AN EXCUSE. Just get it done, and if you dont just tip your hat and say you were beat. EXCUSES OUT OF BELLVILLE ANGER ME. Bellville folks want to blame the refs, coaches, field, weather, uniform material, cheerleaders, barometric pressure or whatever. Just play the game.

I just talked to the "Red Mustache" and we both agree that the WORST EXCUSE OUT OF BELLVILLE is XMan! :clap: :clap: :clap:

neck_06
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Yes I do, and I know he is getting looked at by D1 schools. Like I said earlier, I'll be very, very surprised if Columbia wins 21-14.

i think the score will be higher. but i still think that W.C. will take it.

Bull's-eye
08-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Should be a great game, but let's not look ahead. Bellville will open with rival Sealy. These 2 teams will always play each other extremely tough. Who does Columbia open with? I also think Bellville/Columbia will be a high scoring game.

KL3
08-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by XMan

Also, i noted at the bottom of that article i posted that it came from the Brenham Banner Press.

XMan, what was the excuse for you or your son not getting any playing time? Surely that is where most of your jealousy comes from right?

KL3
08-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Look, the point of Bellville's 2 best players not playing is not an excuse, just stating a simple fact seeing as though these 2 players are their best offensive AND defensive players. Missing those kind of playmakers in the backfield and in the secondary is a huge loss especially versus a team as loaded as Brenham is.

Brenham definately had the advantage during the first part of the scrimmage, but in the 20 minute running clock session to end it, the score ended 7-6 Brenham. Bellville drove the field a couple of times and kept Brenham's offense off the field.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey KL3, are you going to the thursday scrimmage?

CheerMom
08-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Should be a great game, but let's not look ahead. Bellville will open with rival Sealy. These 2 teams will always play each other extremely tough. Who does Columbia open with? I also think Bellville/Columbia will be a high scoring game.

Is that fair week? Don't you usually play each other during that week which always makes it an even more interesting game with all the distraction?

PS: Good Luck, Brahmas!!;)

neck_06
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Columbia opens up with 4A Brazosport.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Is that fair week? Don't you usually play each other during that week which always makes it an even more interesting game with all the distraction?

PS: Good Luck, Brahmas!!;)

No, since Sealy isn't in Bellville's district this year they will play them in the first game. I think fair week is in October.

Good luck Raiders!! I'll be pulling for ya'll in 2A.