PDA

View Full Version : Snyder scrimmage

Snyder_TigerFan
08-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone see it? I want to hear some insight. I heard the 2nd string Q-back did pretty good. Anyone?

Snydertigersrul
08-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Anyone see it? I want to hear some insight. I heard the 2nd string Q-back did pretty good. Anyone?

I just got back from the scrimmage. Snyder and Frenship each scored once before playing a 16-minute period. Frenship scored twice on long passes. Lance Day led the Tigers in a two-minute drill for a score seconds before the end. Who do you mean as a second-string quarrterback? The defense needs to work on finishing tackles, but this was just a first scrimmage. Frenship also looked very strong despite losing their starting quarterback for the season.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Who do you mean as a second-string quarrterback?

Well, I heard Conner did pretty good.

DUKE22
08-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Conner is not the 2nd string QB he is the JV QB. He did get some reps in the varsity scrimmage and did well. I thought snyder looked pretty well. They played a very good team. A top ten team in 4a. Oh yeah the QB that frenship had was still pretty dang good.

SintonFan
08-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Conner is not the 2nd string QB he is the JV QB. He did get some reps in the varsity scrimmage and did well. I thought snyder looked pretty well. They played a very good team. A top ten team in 4a. Oh yeah the QB that frenship had was still pretty dang good.
4A Wolforth(sp?) Frenship?
Aren't they a top 5 4A team?

Cameron Crazy
08-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I think so..

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
im pretty sure they are, i heard that they did well in 7 on 7

Snydertigersrul
08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
4A Wolforth(sp?) Frenship?
Aren't they a top 5 4A team?

Yes, it was Wolfford Frenship. Dave Campbell picked them No. 7 in 4A and some polls have them as high as No. 3 or 4.

Snydertigersrul
08-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, I heard Conner did pretty good.

Jesse is a sophomore and the JV quarterback, at least early in the season. He was used in the secondary during the varsity scrimmage as they are trying to develop depth there. Jesse could move up to the varsity and play there.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Cool, that's good to hear. So if he is the JV quarterback, who is the backup?

Snyder_TigerFan
08-19-2006, 11:50 PM
On another note, I drove by Tiger stadium today to see the new scoreboard, and was pleased to see at the top of it were a set of Tiger eyes that looked just like my sig.....They have good taste!!:)

Snydertigersrul
08-20-2006, 12:01 AM
It was awesome.There is alot of graphics on there.Its alot bigger too.The new uniforms will not be in until october but the new helmets look nice.

Snydertigersrul
08-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Cool, that's good to hear. So if he is the JV quarterback, who is the backup?

It appears for now Ryan Claxton would be the backup. Claxton probably will start at wide receiver and also at cornerback on defense, as well as return kicks. Lucas Munoz is another possibility and even Kyle Sanchez, last year's JV quarterback who is battling for a starting job at cornerback.

wildstangs
08-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
It was awesome.There is alot of graphics on there.Its alot bigger too.The new uniforms will not be in until october but the new helmets look nice.

What do the new helmets look like? No more superman logo?

oh well
08-20-2006, 01:05 PM
They are tiger stipped like the bengals. NOt really no new helmets nothing has changed on the helmets

Snydertigersrul
08-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
What do the new helmets look like? No more superman logo?

The helmets won't change style. Superman label is still there.-

Black_Magic
08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
scrimage went well For Snyder. It was a good test for them. Frenship has been predicted to play for the state championship in 4A by a few this year and predicted to win Region I by alot. The scrimmage was just about Even on both sides. not much scoring in all. Snyder has just one Sr starter on Offense and Two Sr. starting on Defense. Looknig a little ahead of where they were last year at this time regardless of being so young. over all a very positive start to the football season

DaHop72
08-21-2006, 11:35 AM
On another note, I drove by Tiger stadium today to see the new scoreboard, and was pleased to see at the top of it were a set of Tiger eyes that looked just like my sig.....They have good taste!!:) Actually if you looked closely, there were two different sets of Tiger eyes.