PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood/Monahans scrimmage

Ranger Mom
08-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Just talked to my niece who is a trainer.....she said Greenwood JV and Varsity both won.

From what she said GW Varsity scored 7 times and Monahans 0.

QB hurt his knee, don't know how bad it is or if they just pulled him out as a precaution. Backup QB did a great job, scoring a TD of his own.

wordonthastreet
08-19-2006, 03:27 PM
correction. The Monahans freshmen won easily. The J.V. was a 1-1 tie. Each team scored once and each team should have scored twice, but both fumbled going in on the 1 yard line. The varsity scrimmage was heated. Greenwood scored once and Monahans didn't score.

Ranger Mom
08-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
correction. The Monahans freshmen won easily. The J.V. was a 1-1 tie. Each team scored once and each team should have scored twice, but both fumbled going in on the 1 yard line. The varsity scrimmage was heated. Greenwood scored once and Monahans didn't score.

WOW!! That's what I get for listening to a 16 y/o! Thanks for the correction!!

I heard it got heated...I guess that rivalry is still there!!

Did you see what happened to the GW QB??

GWOOD
08-19-2006, 03:46 PM
The varsity scrimmage was heated. Greenwood scored once and Monahans didn't score.

Actually, Greenwood scored twice. Once on a long drive during our first series of possession and the second time on a 55 yard run on our 3rd series of possession.

And yes, it was heated, several skirmishes that had to be broken up and several times the refs jumped in before anything could happen.

Very good contest. The two teams looked like they matched up well. Can't draw a whole lot of conclusions on a scrimmage game. I can only say this--Greenwood will be a better football team this year than they were the last two years.

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 03:50 PM
maybe they should use scoreboards in scrimmages :thinking: :thinking:

AggieJohn
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
maybe they should use scoreboards in scrimmages :thinking: :thinking: yeah when they don't that ticks me off

wordonthastreet
08-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Greenwood scored once. On the long run, the ballcarrier either stepped out of bounds or was knocked out of bounds around the 3 yard line. I agree that Greenwood will be better this year. Monahans has to replace a lot of starters who graduated last year. Greenwood will give Snyder everything they want, and maybe more in that new district they are in. Thats the word on the street.

Ranger Mom
08-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Greenwood will give Snyder everything they want, and maybe more in that new district they are in. Thats the word on the street.

That's encouraging to hear!!:clap:

GWOOD
08-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Greenwood scored once. On the long run, the ballcarrier either stepped out of bounds or was knocked out of bounds around the 3 yard line.

Well it's only a scrimmage and there was no scoreboard but nevertheless the kid walked into the end zone untouched. In fact he got jumped on by the GW coaches for hot dogging it as he crossed the end zone

WTF-82
08-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Great workout for both schools at this point coaches are just trying evaluate the last couple of weeks of workouts with a scrimmage both of these teams will compete very good this season they both have a lot of fight in them. Monahans had several of surprise replacements to take care of due to discipline and transfers so I thought they did well for a first scrimmage
Coaches will try get some kids on the field to test them. You dont game plan to win a scrimmage just to have a good workout and I go think both of these teams got better in this scrimmage.
Right know Coaches just want to come out healthy.

Black_Magic
08-20-2006, 07:27 PM
[B] Greenwood will give Snyder everything they want, and maybe more in that new district they are in. /B]
I have been saying all along Greenwood will be good this year. No suprise to folks in snyder at all. I thought Greenwood would beat Monahans .