PDA

View Full Version : Hardin-Simmons takes 173 to Fall Camp

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Just looked over the 2006 HSU Football Roster. 173 players on the list. Some 3A notables new to the team are:

Monahans
Chase Cornelius (QB)
Cole Cornelius (WR)
Larry Jasso (LB)

Seminole
Micah Clay (WR)

Snyder
Zack Garcia (OL)

Argyle
Michael McBride (SE)

Graham
Jake Edwards (OT)

Glen Rose
Michael Tracy (SS)

Wimberley
John Weldon (QB)

I hope I didn't miss any but those caught my eye.

The Cowboys should have a heck of a saeson this year!!

Matthew328
08-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Hardin-Simmons always has several Everman guys on the team

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Hardin-Simmons always has several Everman guys on the team

Yes indeed...The head coaches know each other pretty well!

Reggie Robinson (Pre-season All America) should have a huge impact for the cowboys this year. Matt have you ever see him play?

Steer Fever
08-18-2006, 07:09 PM
who really cares about a small school in OKlahoma, D'111 i believe.
the ncaa should have only division and that's d-1
if the kids aren't good enough to play the best d-1 ball then they shouldn't even play at all, meaning they aren't good enough to play d-1 ball
however this is only my opinion

3afan
08-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
if the kids aren't good enough to play the best d-1 ball then they shouldn't even play at all, meaning they aren't good enough to play d-1 ball

hey sports guru - HSU is in Abilene, TEXAS, right around the corner from you

Steer Fever
08-18-2006, 07:17 PM
people my bad

i meant to say tx,

but who cares if they aren't d-1 i mean who actually follows the smaller less talented kids who play in d-2 and d-3 ball

3afan
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
.....who actually follows the smaller less talented kids who play in d-2 and d-3 ball

millions of friends, family and fans do

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 07:20 PM

Since I played 5A ball at Arlington Martin that would be like me saying that 3A football teams are no good...why even play?

Come on now Steer Fever. BTW: Hardin-Simmons is in Abilene, Texas not Oklahoma.

Oh yes HSU has seven division I transfers, two DI AA, four DII transfers and two Jr. College transfers.

There are scholarship players that didn't want to wait for playing time at the bigger schools. Maybe you should get out to a game and see what you think. I'll be glad to meet up with you and I'll even pay your way into the game. You may have to buy me a hambuger and a coke though!

Z~

wildstangs
08-18-2006, 07:21 PM
but who cares if they aren't d-1 i mean who actually follows the smaller less talented kids who play in d-2 and d-3 ball [/B][/QUOTE]

Check out the last NFL draft....See where Chicago took their first pick from.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Also check out the Chargers. One of their rookie QB's is from Lindfield a D III college in Oregon which coincidently plays at Hardin-Simmons September 19th at 6:00.

wildstangs
08-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Also check out the Chargers. One of their rookie QB's is from Lindfield a D III college in Oregon which coincidently plays at Hardin-Simmons September 19th at 6:00.

It's the 16th Z...but if anyone wants to come out on the 19th they can fill my seat for my night class.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Forgot to mention that Hardin-Simmons was Division I for many years before dropping down. They were in the Border Conferene with Texas Tech, Arizona, Arizona State, I believe some NM Univ's. and some California Colleges. I could go and get my media gudie but I'm too lazy!

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
It's the 16th Z...but if anyone wants to come out on the 19th they can fill my seat for my night class.

My bad~

fury900
08-18-2006, 07:41 PM
http://hsuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hsim-m-footbl-mtt.html

fury900
08-18-2006, 07:43 PM
people my bad

i meant to say tx,

but who cares if they aren't d-1 i mean who actually follows the smaller less talented kids who play in d-2 and d-3 ball

Jake Edwards

Class:
Freshman

Hometown:
Graham, Texas

High School:
Graham

Height / Weight:
6-0 / 218

Position:
OT

Experience:
HS

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
For Steer Fever:

I'm sorry I just can't stop now. I want you to get to know the starting QB for HSU. His name is Jordan Neal I have pasted his information from the HSU webiste below:

Named Preseason ASC Offensive Player of the Year after missing most of 2005 with a broken collarbone. 2005: Was 24-for-32 for 315 yards and one touchdown and also rushed for a touchdown in one game and part of one series last season before the injury.

2004: Was one of the top quarterbacks in the conference, leading the Cowboys to the ASC title and earning second-team All-ASC honors. Extended his streak of throwing a touchdown to 17 straight games. Had two 300-yards games on the season including a career-best 333 yards against McMurry. Had 11 carries for 80 yards against East Texas Baptist. Had eight games with two or more touchdown passes.

2003: Had a huge season and was named second-team all-ASC. Passed for 2,333 yards with 16 TDs and completed 69. 9 percent of his passes. Went 26-for-31 in the first start of his career against Wisconsin-Stout. Had his best game of the year against Howard Payne when he completed 26 passes for 312 yards and three TDs and ran for 79 yards and another score. Had three completions over 75 yards on the season. Named academic all-ASC. Has the HSU career, season and game records for completion percentage.

2002: Redshirt season.

2001: Was the Cowboys top back-up after Travis Jones went down for the season in the first game. Played in nine games, six of them with quarterbacking duties. He was also a holder for extra points. Completed an NCAA record 27 straight passes over a five game span. For the year he completed 37-of-46 passes for 408 yards and four touchdowns. Also played on the Cowboy baseball team.

High School: Was first-team all-state, Big Country Player of the Year, all-West Texas, all-Big Country and all-District as a senior at Abilene Cooper High School. He led the state in passing as a senior. He was also the 5A offensive Player of the Year.

This guy is awesome, I can assure you he could have played DI ball somewhere.

wildstangs
08-18-2006, 08:10 PM
How about Will Galusha...played as a true freshman at a D1 University...Also, since this guy is from Graham, I am sure he remembers the name Mychael Carrillo from Sweetwater.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Will is one on the best overall football players I have ever watched.

Mychael is another guy who could play four or five positions and start. The guy is fast, has great hands, and will hit you.

HSU has so many great players.

Ok so I got the media gudie and the last NFL player out of HSU was Kirk Rogers who played for the Chiefs in 2002-03 seasons.

I have no idea how that happened since D III guys have no talent??

Old Tiger
08-18-2006, 08:57 PM
people my bad

i meant to say tx,

but who cares if they aren't d-1 i mean who actually follows the smaller less talented kids who play in d-2 and d-3 ball um....Danielle Manning from Abiline Christian was drafted in the second round. A player from Hofstra was drafted before any Michigan Wolverine this year.

Old Tiger
08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
On another note the QB from Wimberely wanted me to go to Hardin Simmons with him.

Gobbla2001
08-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
On another note the QB from Wimberely wanted me to go to Hardin Simmons with him.

Me too, but New England's been knocking at my door so I may just go there...

Gobbla2001
08-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

but honestly, where are you going to go?

Old Tiger
08-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Temple College and just focus on education