PDA

View Full Version : Rangers suspensions announced...

crzyjournalist03
08-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Major League Baseball has suspended Rangers manager Buck Showalater for four games, pitcher Vicente Padilla for five games and pitcher Scott Feldman for six games for their roles in bean ball incidents against Angels. Padilla will miss his start Saturday. Feldman's suspension will begin after Padilla's ends. Showalter's suspension begins tonight.

Emerson1
08-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't see the White Sox getting punishments like these.

crzyjournalist03
08-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't see the White Sox getting punishments like these.

that's because their pitchers aren't good enough to hit their targets :D

Angels players have been suspended too from the brawl.

Emerson1
08-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Rangers arn't making enough money for the league to be able to bypass the rules.

crzyjournalist03
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
honestly, I'm fine with everything....we lose a starter for one game.

Feldman will probably appeal or be sent down and serve in September when the rosters are expanded...he's not a big part of the bullpen anyway.

The Angels meanwhile are going to lose two of their top setup men plus their starting second baseman for a few games a piece...I think we get the better end of the deal

GreenMonster
08-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
honestly, I'm fine with everything....we lose a starter for one game.

Feldman will probably appeal or be sent down and serve in September when the rosters are expanded...he's not a big part of the bullpen anyway.

The Angels meanwhile are going to lose two of their top setup men plus their starting second baseman for a few games a piece...I think we get the better end of the deal

Looks good to me. Not sure why Padilla got so many games since he was not directly related to the fireworks last night. 3 games is more appropriate. IMHO. He can challenge the decision and not even miss his start Saturday potentially and still be ready to go a day late against Oakland next weekend. We'll see how this plays out as well.