PDA

View Full Version : UT,AtM, Baylor, Texas Tech Predicitions

Bullaholic
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Here are the 2006 football schedules for 4 Texas schools which are followed by many Downlow posters. Indicate which teams on each of their schedules which you feel will be a loss:

BAYLOR
Date Time Opponent Score W/L/T Stories
Sat. Sep. 2 5:30 p.m. ET TCU - - -
Sat. Sep. 9 7:00 p.m. ET Northwestern State - - -
Sat. Sep. 16 5:00 p.m. ET at Washington State - - -
Sat. Sep. 23 7:00 p.m. ET Army - - -
Sat. Sep. 30 TBA Kansas State - - -
Sat. Oct. 7 TBA at Colorado - - -
Sat. Oct. 14 12:00 p.m. ET at Texas - - -
Sat. Oct. 21 TBA Kansas - - -
Sat. Oct. 28 TBA Texas A&M - - -
Sat. Nov. 4 2:00 p.m. ET at Texas Tech - - -
Sat. Nov. 11 7:00 p.m. ET at Oklahoma State - - -
Sat. Nov. 18 TBA Oklahoma

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
Sat. Sep. 2 12:00 p.m. ET North Texas - - -
Sep. 9 8:00 p.m. ET Ohio State - - -
Sat. Sep. 16 6:00 p.m. ET at Rice - - -
Sat. Sep. 23 12:00 p.m. ET Iowa State - - -
Sat. Sep. 30 12:00 p.m. ET Sam Houston State - - -
Sat. Oct. 7 12:00 p.m. ET at Oklahoma - - -
Sat. Oct. 14 12:00 p.m. ET Baylor - - -
Sat. Oct. 21 TBA at Nebraska - - -
Sat. Oct. 28 2:00 p.m. ET at Texas Tech - - -
Sat. Nov. 4 TBA Oklahoma State - - -
Sat. Nov. 11 TBA at Kansas State - - -
Fri. Nov. 24 12:00 p.m. ET Texas A&M

TEXAS A&M
Sat. Sep. 2 7:00 p.m. ET Citadel - - -
Sat. Sep. 9 7:00 p.m. ET Louisiana-Lafayette - - -
Sat. Sep. 16 9:15 p.m. ET Army - - -
Sat. Sep. 23 7:00 p.m. ET Louisiana Tech - - -
Sat. Sep. 30 7:00 p.m. ET Texas Tech - - -
Sat. Oct. 7 12:00 p.m. ET at Kansas - - -
Sat. Oct. 14 2:00 p.m. ET Missouri - - -
Sat. Oct. 21 7:00 p.m. ET at Oklahoma State - - -
Sat. Oct. 28 TBA at Baylor - - -
Sat. Nov. 4 2:00 p.m. ET Oklahoma - - -
Sat. Nov. 11 2:00 p.m. ET Nebraska - - -
Fri. Nov. 24 12:00 p.m. ET at Texas

TEXAS TECH
Sat. Sep. 2 7:00 p.m. ET Southern Methodist - - -
Sat. Sep. 9 9:00 p.m. ET at UTEP - - -
Sat. Sep. 16 5:30 p.m. ET at TCU - - -
Sat. Sep. 23 7:00 p.m. ET Southeastern Louisiana - - -
Sat. Sep. 30 7:00 p.m. ET at Texas A&M - - -
Sat. Oct. 7 7:00 p.m. ET Missouri - - -
Sat. Oct. 14 TBA at Colorado - - -
Sat. Oct. 21 12:00 p.m. ET at Iowa State - - -
Sat. Oct. 28 2:00 p.m. ET Texas - - -
Sat. Nov. 4 2:00 p.m. ET Baylor - - -
Sat. Nov. 11 12:00 p.m. ET at Oklahoma - - -
Sat. Nov. 18 2:00 p.m. ET Oklahoma State

LOSSES:

BAYLOR:
TCU, Texas, aTm, Texas Tech, and OU

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
None

TEXAS A&M
Texas Tech, OU, Texas

TEXAS TECH
TCU, TEXAS, OU

texasjeremy
08-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow, looks like all 4 are bowl bound.

Heres my picks:

LOSSES:

BAYLOR:
Colorado, Texas, Texas Tech, OU

TEXAS:
Ohio State

A&M:
Texas Tech, OSU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas

TECH:
Texas, OU

I Bleed Red08
08-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Wow, looks like all 4 are bowl bound.

Heres my picks:

LOSSES:

BAYLOR:
Colorado, Texas, Texas Tech, OU

TEXAS:
Ohio State

A&M:

TECH:
Texas, OU
I dont know the Red Raiders have a chance against OU this year

KTJ
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll keep track of the college stuff again this year like I do every other year. (even though some people hate it, there are folks who read this board who like college ball.)

I can do my own Top 25...or we can have a 3ADL top 15/25.

wedo
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM

LOSSES:

TEXAS:
Ohio State

Don't think so!!! Even though Ohio State is the #1 team in the nation at least by SI they are, They will not leaveTexas with a Win!! Although it will be a close game with Texas' defense winning the game for them!!!! Ohio State won't be able to withstand the Texas Humidity!!!!

Bulldog_12
08-17-2006, 10:36 PM
A&M:

Are you kidding? The day we only win 2 big 12 games is the day I drive off a cliff. I dont see us losing to OU, Nebraska (overhyped), OSU, or Baylor. You must be smoking some serious stuff.

KTJ
08-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I dont see us losing to OU, Nebraska (overhyped), OSU, or Baylor.

It really isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Bulldog_12
08-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It really isn't out of the realm of possibility.

No way. We werent great last year, but there is NO way we lose to every team in the South.

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It really isn't out of the realm of possibility. especially since OU and Nebraska are at Kyle Field

KTJ
08-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
especially since OU and Nebraska are at Kyle Field

Kyle Field hasn't exactly been a "tough place to play" as of late. I don't think you can claim that has a reason you will beat someone.

but there is NO way we lose to every team in the South.

You're right. I don't have A&M losing to every team in the South. However, I don't think those games are "gimmie" games either.

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Kyle Field hasn't exactly been a "tough place to play" as of late. I don't think you can claim that has a reason you will beat someone.

You're right. I don't have A&M losing to every team in the South. However, I don't think those games are "gimmie" games either.

yeah but when you don't have to travel and your at home, you tend to do better, and yes i do believe the kyle has lost some of its luster, but that's what happens when you get multiple losing season

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 11:14 PM
and clean out your PM's

87 TIGER
08-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Baylor: TCU, Wash St, Colorado, Texas, A&M, Tech, OU

Texas: Ohio St

A&M: Tech, OU, Texas

Tech: Colorado, Texas, OU

wedo
08-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER

A&M: Tech, OU, Texas

A&M will lose to Nebraska!!!

raider red 2000
08-18-2006, 08:26 AM
UT- will probably be pretty good again.

Losses to Ohio St, and a coin flip with TECH- probably leaning to UT though.

TECH- possible losses. TCU (edge to TT) and UT (Edge to UT)

ATM- sorry AGS- will start off good against that High School Schedule. then lose a bunch of confrence games.

ONLY confrence win will be at Baylor or at Okie State.

but as a TECH fan i hope FRAN stay around.

BAYLOR - will be better, because they are going to run TECH's offense.....but who knows how they will do.

wedo
08-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Even if Texas loses to tosu and then they win out, i still think they can get to the national championship game!!! Norte Dame has a really tough schedule and i don't think they can come out of without a loss b/c of their defense!! Auburn plays in the SEC and its Almost impossible to go undefeated in that Conference!! If West Virgina slips up one just one game, which i think that will be against Louiville their only one tough game, they won't be in the hunt anymore b/c they don't play anyone!!! Everyone else will have at least one loss and if Texas loses to tsou its early in the season and they can jump high in the polls by season end, i don't think that it will hurt them that much!!

raider red 2000
08-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Even if Texas loses to tosu and then they win out, i still think they can get to the national championship game!!! Norte Dame has a really tough schedule and i don't think they can come out of without a loss b/c of their defense!! Auburn plays in the SEC and its Almost impossible to go undefeated in that Conference!! If West Virgina slips up one just one game, which i think that will be against Louiville their only one tough game, they won't be in the hunt anymore b/c they don't play anyone!!! Everyone else will have at least one loss and if Texas loses to tsou its early in the season and they can jump high in the polls by season end, i don't think that it will hurt them that much!!

WEDO- a key game for that national championship is going to be Louisville and West Va. winner of that game should have a pretty good chance to win it all.

Phil C
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'll keep track of the college stuff again this year like I do every other year. (even though some people hate it, there are folks who read this board who like college ball.)

I can do my own Top 25...or we can have a 3ADL top 15/25.

:clap: Looking forward to it KTJ. Keep up the good work.

wedo
08-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
WEDO- a key game for that national championship is going to be Louisville and West Va. winner of that game should have a pretty good chance to win it all.

Louisville and West VA. only test the whole year is against each other!!! That being said if either of them do get to the NC game they will get their A$$ handed to them IMO by either Texas, Auburn, Norte Dame or tosu!!!!! It will be a lop sided game just like OU and USC in 04!!!!

KTJ
08-18-2006, 12:28 PM
If Louisville or WVA sneak into the Championship Game, I will shank somene. (That is, unless Texas is playing either team in which case, I will be happy.)

raider red 2000
08-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
If Louisville or WVA sneak into the Championship Game, I will shank somene. (That is, unless Texas is playing either team in which case, I will be happy.)

what if it was TECH or ATM playing one of those schools :)

would that me of a shot in the pills????

wedo
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
what if it was TECH or ATM playing one of those schools :)

would that me of a shot in the pills????

Actually if any school from Texas made it to the NC game I would cheer for just b/c they are from texas!! Even if it was A&M or Tech!!! I got my self cheering for OU in 04 to beat USC b/c i hate USC!!!! If Tech played louisville or West virgina they would beat them a&m would not!!!!

big daddy russ
08-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
If Louisville makes it, blame Miami. If WVA makes it, blame it on them being in the Big East.

wedo
08-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If Louisville makes it, blame Miami. If WVA makes it, blame it on them being in the Big East.

They should rename that conference to the Big Least!!! You know your in a weak conference b/c if Rudgers went undeafeated they could possibly be in the NC game!! Know i would defently be pissed if that happened!!!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2006, 01:51 PM
i will keep saying it over and over...

Lou/WVA winner vs Notre Dame for the NC :)

wedo
08-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i will keep saying it over and over...

Lou/WVA winner vs Notre Dame for the NC :)

I don't think that Louisville will beat miami "think they play" and if WV makes it , its only b/c they play a softer schdule than a&m!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YBS
08-18-2006, 04:16 PM
I won't go through everyone's schedule but as far as the Ags their whole season will hinge on them beating nebraska. Their only "gimme" games are the non-conf. schedule and nothing is guaranteed w/ the Ags. I do think we'll beat baylor and osu. If they find a way to beat nebraska and still lose to the other big 3 then the season's not that bad. If they beat tech fran will jump out of the hot seat for another 12 months. Any other wins and they'll be declaring him a genius again :rolleyes:

They managed to pull out a win against tech 2 years ago and that year the Ags were fairly equal to this year's team talent-wise. That team had a better Reggie, T-Murph, and Appel but T-Murph was vastly overrated IMO and Appel wasn't the same that season after he went straight up with Adrian Peterson and lit AP's clock tower. This year's team has a vet d-line, one of the deepest wideout groups in a long time, and a fairly good stable of backs.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. "That's why they play the game"(c) Chris Berman

Bulldog_12
08-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I won't go through everyone's schedule but as far as the Ags their whole season will hinge on them beating nebraska. Their only "gimme" games are the non-conf. schedule and nothing is guaranteed w/ the Ags. I do think we'll beat baylor and osu. If they find a way to beat nebraska and still lose to the other big 3 then the season's not that bad. If they beat tech fran will jump out of the hot seat for another 12 months. Any other wins and they'll be declaring him a genius again :rolleyes:

I completely disagree. The enitre season hinges on the Tech game. I really think this game is key to having a great season. With a win the Ags will, most likely, be 5-0 with games against Kansas, Missouri at home, OSU, and at baylor before having to play OU at Kyle. It could be possible with a win against Tech to be 9-0 going into the OU game. The teams we play in that stretch are very down and rebuilding. We bring back huge components from a top 20 ranked offense. If the defense can even be halfway decent, we could really surprise people. Even if we win against Tech, the general sentiment around here is that he will still be on the hot seat. Word is that he has to win one of OU or texas.

wedo
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I completely disagree. The enitre season hinges on the Tech game. I really think this game is key to having a great season. With a win the Ags will, most likely, be 5-0 with games against Kansas, Missouri at home, OSU, and at baylor before having to play OU at Kyle. It could be possible with a win against Tech to be 9-0 going into the OU game. The teams we play in that stretch are very down and rebuilding. We bring back huge components from a top 20 ranked offense. If the defense can even be halfway decent, we could really surprise people. Even if we win against Tech, the general sentiment around here is that he will still be on the hot seat. Word is that he has to win one of OU or texas.

A&M will not even be close to 9-0!!! They will lose to nebrasks, tech, texas, ou and maybe baylor!! Nebrasks will be explosive along with tech!!! And Baylor will be much improved, not the same old baylor we are use to!!!! And nobody should overlook Mizzou with Chase Daniels leading the offense!!!!

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by wedo
A&M will not even be close to 9-0!!! They will lose to nebrasks, tech, texas, ou and maybe baylor!! Nebrasks will be explosive along with tech!!! And Baylor will be much improved, not the same old baylor we are use to!!!! And nobody should overlook Mizzou with Chase Daniels leading the offense!!!!

Yeah, nowhere close. I would agree with that if the exact thing I typed wasnt in Dave Cambell's, Phil Steele, and on Foxsports, ESPN and any other pre-season outlook. Those coupled with RV in the first polls shows that some people who know more about the college game than a few message board lurkers is enough to give this Ag hope.

KTJ
08-19-2006, 05:03 PM
I disagree Wedo--

Everyone can overlook Mizzou. They may be the 2nd worst team in the Big 12 next year.

sahen
08-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah, nowhere close. I would agree with that if the exact thing I typed wasnt in Dave Cambell's, Phil Steele, and on Foxsports, ESPN and any other pre-season outlook. Those coupled with RV in the first polls shows that some people who know more about the college game than a few message board lurkers is enough to give this Ag hope. I am pretty sure Dave has you losing to the Bears....but besides that preseason outlooks r crap, last year the Aggies were preseason top 25 right?

Bulldog_12
08-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
I am pretty sure Dave has you losing to the Bears....but besides that preseason outlooks r crap, last year the Aggies were preseason top 25 right?

I know, I know, but with all the games we lost last year, to see that we are still RV, makes me a little confident in what might be happening. Dave said we would lose to Tech, but if we could pull a win, it might be the confidence booster needed to get past everyone between then and OU. He said it probably wont happen, then put that we would lose to Baylor in that scenario.

sahen
08-19-2006, 11:59 PM
I know, I know, but with all the games we lost last year, to see that we are still RV, makes me a little confident in what might be happening. Dave said we would lose to Tech, but if we could pull a win, it might be the confidence booster needed to get past everyone between then and OU. He said it probably wont happen, then put that we would lose to Baylor in that scenario. yall are going to be looked at as a sleeper because of the amount of talent that yall have on ur team...until fran proves that he can coach worth a darn in the big 12 then the assumption is going to be that the aggies will flop....talent only gets you so far, coaching bridges the rest of the gap and right now fran hasnt proven he can coach his way out of a paper sack as long as it has big 12 written on it....

AggieJohn
08-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by sahen
I am pretty sure Dave has you losing to the Bears....but besides that preseason outlooks r crap, last year the Aggies were preseason top 25 right? yeah, but no one could forsee the meltdown of the defense to that extent and the lack of ability of reggie to be reggie

Bullaholic
08-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks to all you guys for some great "on message" input to this thread. It has been a pleasure reading your comments on these teams. Keep em' coming.