PDA

View Full Version : 3adownlow Posters Poll

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 02:19 PM
This is different from the Pick'em League that Adidas410s is doing.........

http://i7.tinypic.com/24vry1e.jpg

What will happen is that as a poster you can take part in a Top 25 poll. Here's how to participate:

1. Email 3adownlow@gmail.com and give me your username.
2. I will email you back instructions on how to participate within the .

The idea is that we can as a board come up with a consensus poll on who we as the general 3adownlow think is number one.

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
ttt

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 08:18 PM
ttt

3afan
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
hopefully all the homers will cancel each other out

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
yeah, i hope so 3afan.....i think i will institute that if a person sends back a ranking that looks off the wall they won't get to participate

Bandera YaYa
08-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah, i hope so 3afan.....i think i will institute that if a person sends back a ranking that looks off the wall they won't get to participate Oh so in other words, you will decide this poll................save us the time and trouble and just post your list now..... :rolleyes: :p

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh so in other words, you will decide this poll................save us the time and trouble and just post your list now..... :rolleyes: :p no i'm saying if a team that is 0-10 gets a vote into it, i will not let there poll be put in it....

i think the idea of this poll is a good idea because it can average out sweetwater, snyder, sinton, and cuero homers.....and give us a good estimate on what the consensus of this board thinks

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 09:44 PM
got six so far

PPHSfan
08-17-2006, 09:48 PM
I sent an email.

MagicMan
08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
no i'm saying if a team that is 0-10 gets a vote into it, i will not let there poll be put in it....

i think the idea of this poll is a good idea because it can average out sweetwater, snyder, sinton, and cuero homers.....and give us a good estimate on what the consensus of this board thinks
are you saying if cuero is ranked #1 its just a homer post because they aren't that good?

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
are you saying if cuero is ranked #1 its just a homer post because they aren't that good? no i'm saying if tarkington is cracking the top ten we got a problem

DaHop72
08-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm in AJ.:thumbsup:

KTJ
08-17-2006, 11:31 PM
If I want to vote for Whitesboro as the #1 team, I should be able to do that.

eagles_victory
08-18-2006, 01:34 AM
I think you should make it a top ten. I think most people will get pretty sloppy at the end or maybe its just me Im just puting my two sense in plus it would save people some time and more people would participate. Also can I do this and still post The EV top ten like i attended on doing or is it like the college football coaches poll where I have to keep my vote private?

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
If you vote for Whitesboro as the # 1 team, we need to have a talk. :crazy: :crazy: :D

3afan
08-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

yes, you should be able to do that; and AJ can also omit those type inputs as "not serious" or "off he wall" or "idiotic" or "whatever phrase you want to use"

its his poll, so its his rules

IMO of course .....

neck_06
08-18-2006, 07:38 AM
I'm in!!!

AggieJohn
08-19-2006, 09:27 AM
well if you put for instance, Liberty, my hometown as the top team in the state, i know that that's not true, there are far better teams, and 99.9% would agree with that

the idea is to take off your "homer" cap and be able to logically come up with a top 25

Gobbla2001
08-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
are you saying if cuero is ranked #1 its just a homer post because they aren't that good?

no, he's saying everyone's vote in a whole will help keep it a 'tad' honest...

I'd go with Gilmer and then Cuero right now anyway, just because I don't want to be a homer :D

Gobbla2001
08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
well if you put for instance, Liberty, my hometown as the top team in the state, i know that that's not true, there are far better teams, and 99.9% would agree with that

But if it is a team that you do not believe should be ranked that high because they sucked last year, yet someone has a true feeling they can be a top 10 team this year with the excitment around the team, 7 move-ins from the year before to go along with great returning starters and move-ups that no one knows about... and a great coaching staff.... that's what some people are worried about I think...

example: Wharton didn't make the playoffs last year out of their district, yet had the MOST talented team that 'I' think Cuero played all last year... if they get their stuff straight they can really be a top 5 team (Honest to God here)...

yet it is your poll and I understand your concern... some people on here would vote Palacios number 1 just to be funny but this is a more serious poll...

great idea

AggieJohn
08-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
But if it is a team that you do not believe should be ranked that high because they sucked last year, yet someone has a true feeling they can be a top 10 team this year with the excitment around the team, 7 move-ins from the year before to go along with great returning starters and move-ups that no one knows about... and a great coaching staff.... that's what some people are worried about I think...

example: Wharton didn't make the playoffs last year out of their district, yet had the MOST talented team that 'I' think Cuero played all last year... if they get their stuff straight they can really be a top 5 team (Honest to God here)...

yet it is your poll and I understand your concern... some people on here would vote Palacios number 1 just to be funny but this is a more serious poll...

great idea

so in your case, put wharton where you think they should be, if you think that they should be 10 or 11 or something like that, put them there....when i add up the rankings, if wharton has only gotten like 10 points totall and that doesn't put them in the top 25 they won't make the top 25, but if others have given them points they might crack the poll

i don't care if you have a team legitimately should be up there that no one else puts up there, however if you are totally jacking up your poll by putting teams that have no business up there

example: Liberty goes 2-6 and we are in week 9 and i keep putting them in the top 5.....we know there is some "homerism" going on here

Gobbla2001
08-19-2006, 10:39 AM

example: Liberty goes 2-6 and we are in week 9 and i keep putting them in the top 5.....we know there is some "homerism" going on here

totally understand

Hupernikomen
08-19-2006, 03:25 PM
no i'm saying if tarkington is cracking the top ten we got a problem

You had to pick my hometown didn't ya..

AggieJohn
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
You had to pick my hometown didn't ya.. don't worry man, after last season, liberty's been the butt of a couple of jokes as well

PlayaJBiehl20
08-19-2006, 03:59 PM
count me in coach