PDA

View Full Version : Who Will be Undefeated Going Into District?

Bullaholic
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Who will be undefeated going into district play?

Celina?
Cuero?
Gilmer?

Gobbler Fan
08-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Cuero is going to have it's hands full with a tough Pre Distric Schedule That includes Liberty Hill - La Vernia - Bay City - Bandera - Sinton

That being said.....I like our chances :D

Bullaholic
08-17-2006, 11:17 AM
No takers? I thought this would be the "catalyst" morning post. Such posts are "worn out", but you never know who or what you will hear when it is put up and sometimes you even get some "insightfull" responses that spark other discussion and debate. Heck, I still enjoy well-intentioned "trash" talking. C'mon folks---"bite". :D

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
C'mon folks---"bite". :D
No one bit my "cupcake....bunch of pushovers" post either. :eek: :weeping: :weeping: :p

Bullaholic
08-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Maybe we're losing our "touch", LHPM......Perhaps we're----gasp---"getting old". :D

All I know is there is no justice if Sweetwater and Snyder do not meet in the playoffs---the UIL should make that game mandatory.

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I don't.... :p

Phantom Stang
08-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No one bit my "cupcake....bunch of pushovers" post either. :eek: :weeping: :weeping: :p
When you mentioned Waco Connally, I could tell right away you were being sarcastic;), 'cause there ain't no way y'all can handle my Cadets!!:p

PPHSfan
08-17-2006, 11:31 AM

Celina?
Cuero?
Gilmer?

YES

Sweetwater Red
08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Given our non-district schedule I would consider going 4 and 2 successful.

PPHSfan
08-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Not only will Celina be undefeated, they will probably outscore their first five opponents 300-0

44INAROW
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I try not to bite or reply to some since posts since I have a tendency to be sarcastic and it is hard to determine "joking" sarcasm via written words.. :)
LHPM - I just found out that you'll get a "special treat" when you're down here on 9/22- The "little girls" (4 to 10 yr old pre-cheerleaders) will be performing - they are too cute (especially a certain blonde headed 5 year old)
With that being said...... I agree with Gobbler Fan, I like Cuero's chances and from what I hear about Celina and Gilmer, I'd say they are a good bet as well. Just hope everyone stays healthy! :)

neck_06
08-17-2006, 11:46 AM
the winner of the Bellville/West Columbia game will most likely be undefeated at the start and end of district.

garageoffice
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
With 3 of our 5 against 4A teams, including Everman and FW Arlington Heights, I'm afraid I'm not ready to make a prediction. We should have a shot at going undefeated IN district, though.

lostaussie
08-17-2006, 12:57 PM

Gilmer? very good chance we could lose one. lets take a look:D just cause i got nothing better to do.

las vegas bishop gorman- we basically know nothing about. i expect us to win, but they are a private school, no telling who they went out and got:D

tatum- last years 3a state champ. i think thats enough to worry a little.

daingerfield- lost once to them last year.

center- don't see many problems in this game.

atlanta- g-town and atlanta have a long history. they shelacked us in 03' on way to a championship. been down, but i think this year will be back to status that they are used too.

wedo
08-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero is going to have it's hands full with a tough Pre Distric Schedule That includes Liberty Hill - La Vernia - Bay City - Bandera - Sinton

Don't get me wrong, Cuero is always good but that is a tough non district!! Bay City and Sinton should be really really close games that could go either way!!! IMO it will be really hard for yall the go undefeated!!!! But thats just non district anyways i think that Cuero will have a long run regardless!!!!

44INAROW
08-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Don't get me wrong, Cuero is always good but that is a tough non district!! Bay City and Sinton should be really really close games that could go either way!!! IMO it will be really hard for yall the go undefeated!!!! But thats just non district anyways i think that Cuero will have a long run regardless!!!!

"that which does not kill you, makes you stronger" (or something like that) lol

PPHSfan
08-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"that which does not kill you, makes you stronger" (or something like that) lol

I have heard that all my life, and don't agree.

I think it should be "that which kills you, kills you. that which does not, makes you glad you are not dead.":D

PPHSfan
08-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Twinkies don't kill you, but they don't make you strong either. Unless of course they are Magic Twinkies.

44INAROW
08-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I think it should be "that which kills you, kills you. that which does not, makes you glad you are not dead.":D

I'll have to admit it, I probably agree with that;)

garageoffice
08-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I think it's more like...

That which kills you, kills you. That which does not, only makes you WISH you were dead. :D

Phantom Stang
08-17-2006, 01:50 PM

Celina?
Cuero?
Gilmer?
Of these three I would have to say Celina, if only because of their schedule.

87 TIGER
08-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
the winner of the Bellville/West Columbia game will most likely be undefeated at the start and end of district.
neck_06
...doesnt bellville play giddings
dont look past the buffs

tigerpride_08
08-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by neck_06

i dunno about the end of district neck... ;)

crabman
08-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I will answer this after Saturday's scrimmage against 4A Austin LBJ. I have seen some phenomenal talent in practice. In the first intersquad scrimmage, the #1 offense scored against the #1 defense 4 times in 10 plays. It was not because the defense is bad, either. Lots of weapons and very good execution.

Nevertheless, this is one bear of a non-district schedule. I think Reeve is just trying to get beat. We have a 28 game regular season winning streak and he is getting tired of talking about it.

MagicMan
08-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Coach Reeve knew playoff experience wasnt enough for this team to win state. I believe he wanted to play talented teams in order to teach the players what they have to do to win close games. Last year every game was a cake walk except wharton and hutto. Hopefully this year the players will be more relaxed in the playoffs because I heard too many stories about players playing sloppy due to being nervous and feeling too much pressure.

Snydertigersrul
08-17-2006, 10:14 PM

Celina?
Cuero?
Gilmer?

Celina and Gilmer

MagicMan
08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Cuero has a freshman at second string qb that will be a star. One of the players said he's actually challenging noack for the starting job.

wedo
08-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
Cuero has a freshman at second string qb that will be a star. One of the players said he's actually challenging noack for the starting job.

Man and i thought Noack was pretty good!! And this kid is a freshman!!!!! Didn't Dickison have a starting freshman QB???

Old Green
08-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Cuero has a freshman at second string qb that will be a star. One of the players said he's actually challenging noack for the starting job. Yep !!!!!:clap:

STANG RED
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM

Sounds to me like they are just trying to find a little fire to push Noack to his best. No way a fish will really challenge him for the starting position though!

Dogman_1969
08-18-2006, 08:38 AM
18-3 will be the toughest in the state. Just look at last year alone and how many out of this district made noise in the playoffs.

Cameron made some noise even with injuries to key personnel.

Give Hutto 15 more seconds and they win the state title.

L Hill is a power year in year out.

Taylor drops down into 3A with a new spread offense.

Rockdale is looking to make some noise behind the new coaching staff.

44INAROW
08-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Cuero has a freshman at second string qb

is that you NIM?

pirate4state
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
is that you NIM? ROD? :devil: couldn't resist!! :evillaugh

that out of the way I really liked this post & will apply it to Sinton

Originally posted by garageoffice
With 4 of our 5 against 4A teams, including Gp, Beeville, Pt. Lavaca and Robstown, not to mention state ranked Cuero right off the bat, I'm afraid I'm not ready to make a prediction. We should have a shot at going undefeated IN district, though.
:thumbsup:

++edited original post of GO's :nerd:

gato 76
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Bay City has kid that second string qb that is 6-2 265 jr has a rifle of a arm,also is the starting dt.

Gobbla2001
08-18-2006, 12:10 PM
don't worry about port lavaca Sinton... unless y'all are REALLY hitting REALLY HARD times...

and what about this freshman QB from Cuero? thissa joke?

MagicMan
08-18-2006, 03:27 PM
this kid from cuero is like 6'3" already and has a cannon

crabman
08-18-2006, 04:31 PM
this kid from cuero is like 6'3" already and has a cannon

He is tall. He does have a very good arm. Not a cannon. More of a rifle. There is more to being a quarterback than that though. It takes something between the ears too. There is so much experience that Noack has there is no way he could ever get beat out. Noack also probably beats him .3 to .4 seconds in the 40. He is the future but not the present. He would make a stud freshman QB and a darn good JV QB but that is it for this year IMO.

Stownhorse
08-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by crabman
He is tall. He does have a very good arm. Not a cannon. More of a rifle. There is more to being a quarterback than that though. It takes something between the ears too. There is so much experience that Noack has there is no way he could ever get beat out. Noack also probably beats him .3 to .4 seconds in the 40. He is the future but not the present. He would make a stud freshman QB and a darn good JV QB but that is it for this year IMO.

How big is Noack?

Old Green
08-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I think he was listed as 6' 185lbs.

gobbler grad
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I think he was listed as 6' 185lbs.

pretty close...:thinking: don't see no fish taking his job...:doh:

PlayaJBiehl20
08-18-2006, 10:04 PM
clyde