PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Scholarships

44INAROW
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Gotta get this off my chest today...... really burns me up when a young man ( and I use that term loosely) accepts a full ride football scholarship to a university - shows up to check in, spends the night, then leaves back to home. It's his life, he can do what he wants, I have no problem with that, but he took a scholarship away from someone else. OK, I feel better now :eek:

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 08:41 AM
something happen with a cuero kid..........

CHS_CG
08-17-2006, 08:46 AM
deep breath in........

breathe out:inlove:

now dont we feel better?

44INAROW
08-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Just a general comment... I was listening to those guys on XM radio sports station and they touched on this subject the other day and it got me to thinking :mad:

hawkfan
08-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Just a general comment... I was listening to those guys on XM radio sports station and they touched on this subject the other day and it got me to thinking :mad:

Have you heard how Latreal is doing at A&M?

Bullaholic
08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Gotta get this off my chest today...... really burns me up when a young man ( and I use that term loosely) accepts a full ride football scholarship to a university - shows up to check in, spends the night, then leaves back to home. It's his life, he can do what he wants, I have no problem with that, but he took a scholarship away from someone else. OK, I feel better now :eek:

You're right 44INAR....there is really no excuse for this behavior, but I do believe that some 18 year olds are really not that "mature" yet and get "homesick" or literally miss "mama" and panic---especially if it is their first time away from home. You would think that responsible parents and coaches would be able to deal with this situation before it is a problem.

Old Tiger
08-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Well at least they didn't steal $19,000 from a pawn shop to ruin there scholarship.

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Have you heard how Latreal is doing at A&M? i hear he still isn't up to complete par

luvhoops34
08-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Well at least they didn't steal $19,000 from a pawn shop to ruin there scholarship.

True brillance there.....didn't one of the perps mothers work there, also. They need to get one of the Darwin Awards.

crabman
08-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Have you heard how Latreal is doing at A&M?

He is a definite redshirt this year. That was always the plan. He is a dedicated worker and a great kid. He has been at A&M for several weeks. He's doing great and getting stronger.

I will send unbweavable by to check on him.