PDA

View Full Version : I need advice from Fantasy Football Experts

pantherpop
08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
We have our draft tomorrow after work and I was wondering, considering Clinton Portis's injury situation, what would be a good round to consider taking him? I thinking about maybe 3rd round.

Maroon87
08-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd still take him in the first round. Remember, he's got the better part of a month to heal.

3afan
08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
there are no fantasy football experts ........ your guess is as good as anyone's

neck_06
08-16-2006, 07:17 PM
don't draft shaun alexander............madden curse.

Bull Butter
08-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Depends on what pick you have? If you're near the end of the first round and he's still there, then yes, take him. If you have a top 6 pick, you may want to try taking someone else.

lostaussie
08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
depends on your needs and whos available. if you are scared of him, as i would be, take somebody else. 1 player does not make a team. if he is still around where you feel comfortable taking him, go for it. personally i like to take proven warriors. but that doesn't mean i would not take portis if the situation was right.

pantherpop
08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
depends on your needs and whos available. if you are scared of him, as i would be, take somebody else. 1 player does not make a team. if he is still around where you feel comfortable taking him, go for it. personally i like to take proven warriors. but that doesn't mean i would not take portis if the situation was right.
I am scared of him but it would be tough to pass over him in round 3 or 4

lostaussie
08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
I am scared of him but it would be tough to pass over him in round 3 or 4 for me, that would depend on if i already had a back. i would not go into the season with my #1 back being someone i didn't believe in. JMO

AggieJohn
08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
don't draft shaun alexander............madden curse. plus they aren't going to give it too him on goal line situations this year, he said it

Astrosdawg07
08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
for me, that would depend on if i already had a back. i would not go into the season with my #1 back being someone i didn't believe in. JMO

See if he is out there late I grab him and try to trade one of the 2 backs if they both get rolling...