PDA

View Full Version : screwed dell over today - HAHA

KindaCool
08-16-2006, 06:26 PM
got an email at work today from the texas a&m it dept today, apparently them and dell had come to an agreement for a good deal on personal laptops for students and faculty...

i got an inspiron e1405 (with the non-exploding battery)

intel core duo 1.83 ghz processor
14.1 inch wide screen display
1gb ddr2 sdram
80gb sata hard drive
cd/dvd burner
3 year warranty
and of course the complementary 6 months free aol service

well turns out there was a typo on that particular, in typical a&m fashion (i know it wasnt their fault, it was just amusing), and the final price after taxes and shipping was a wopping $350 - i could have made some upgrades but it drove the price up pretty quick

we got ours ordered and called dell to make sure it was legit, and the guy said that price wasn't right (obviously) but they would honor it...within minutes ALL of the notebooks on the site were taken off

if there are any good offers...its for sale haha...the bidding starts at $699

PPHSfan
08-16-2006, 06:31 PM
You couldn't call me first and let me order fifty of them?

KindaCool
08-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
You couldn't call me first and let me order fifty of them? unemployed people dont need laptops

Bandera YaYa
08-16-2006, 09:21 PM
So, you teach at A&M?? :thinking:

PPHSfan
08-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by KindaCool
unemployed people dont need laptops

Unemployed? LOL

I can cause unemployment, but I doubt I will be there for a day or two.

Emerson1
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
$100 for each year the laptop will actually work.

AggieJohn
08-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
$100 for each year the laptop will actually work. i'd take it

KindaCool
08-17-2006, 12:28 PM
well geez i got this email from dell today

Dear &&&&&&&&&&&&&

This is to notify you that, regrettably, we need to cancel your recent order for an Inspiron E1405. Due to our error, the system was shown online at an incorrect price, well below the correct price.

We specifically indicate on our web pages, our catalogues, and in our advertising that Dell cannot be responsible for such errors. In addition, our email documentation provided to customers as they place orders states:

"Please note that Dell cannot be responsible for typographical or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors."

We truly value our relationship and reputation with our customers, and we realize the negative impact from these types of errors. Please be assured that we are working hard to try and prevent these problems going forward. We are sorry for any inconvenience that our error may have caused.

im debating whether or not i should call dell and argue the fact that a dell customer service rep, on the phone, said they would honor the mistake

JasperDog94
08-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Do you have the name or extension of the sales rep?

Gobbla2001
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
HA... now that we know the end result KindaCool's first post is halarious...

Dell just punk'd you son...

PPHSfan
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM

Dear &&&&&&&&&&&&&

This is to notify you that, regrettably, we need to cancel your recent order for an Inspiron E1405. Due to our error, the system was shown online at an incorrect price, well below the correct price.

We specifically indicate on our web pages, our catalogues, and in our advertising that Dell cannot be responsible for such errors. In addition, our email documentation provided to customers as they place orders states:

"Please note that Dell cannot be responsible for typographical or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors."

We truly value our relationship and reputation with our customers, and we realize the negative impact from these types of errors. Please be assured that we are working hard to try and prevent these problems going forward. We are sorry for any inconvenience that our error may have caused.

im debating whether or not i should call dell and argue the fact that a dell customer service rep, on the phone, said they would honor the mistake

You can't even make a good argument on a message board, when you can take your time, and you think you have a chance in real-time against a seasoned pro over the phone? BWAHHHAAAAAAAA

KindaCool
08-17-2006, 12:34 PM
You can't even make a good argument on a message board, when you can take your time, and you think you have a chance in real-time against a seasoned pro over the phone? BWAHHHAAAAAAAA ill call and tell them im telling my mommy and them, and then im sure they'll send it

KindaCool
08-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Do you have the name or extension of the sales rep? no, i didnt make the call, my co-worker did, but it was on behalf of both of us - ill ask him when he comes in for the afternoon shift

JasperDog94
ill call and tell them im telling my mommy and them, and then im sure they'll send it BTW - I love your sig.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
You can't even make a good argument on a message board, when you can take your time, and you think you have a chance in real-time against a seasoned pro over the phone? BWAHHHAAAAAAAA
I could do it over the phone, but I charge 50 bucks an hours for that kinda service.
It seems I've had a lot of practice in "over the phone" arguements with seasoned pros.:D

Gobbla2001
08-17-2006, 12:36 PM
ill call and tell them im telling my mommy and them, and then im sure they'll send it

ha

KindaCool
BTW - I love your sig.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: thank you - i would put my whole opinion on border control on there but it is too long and would offend too many people

Gobbla2001
BTW - I love your sig.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree 110%

I wonder if that's what he heard we he called Dell back... :thinking:

KindaCool
08-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I agree 110%

I wonder if that's what he heard we he called Dell back... :thinking: noe i speek good enlush

Gobbla2001
08-17-2006, 12:41 PM
noe i speek good enlush

Actually if you're calling Dell you may have to learn good Indian...

I wanna put my opinion up on mine too but it would offend everyone all of time instead of every now and then when I give it in a thread :D

3afan
08-17-2006, 01:16 PM

Dear &&&&&&&&&&&&&

i'd do it - its worth a phone call

KindaCool
08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Actually if you're calling Dell you may have to learn good Indian...

I wanna put my opinion up on mine too but it would offend everyone all of time instead of every now and then when I give it in a thread :D aint that the truth - i would talk to a guy with more syllables in his name than in this sentence

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I thought there was such a thing as false advertising....

big daddy russ
08-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I thought there was such a thing as false advertising....
I was just going to say the same thing. Get them for false advertisement. They can't go back just because one of their own made a mistake. Car dealers used to get sued all the time for the same thing.

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I was just going to say the same thing. Get them for false advertisement. They can't go back just because one of their own made a mistake. Car dealers used to get sued all the time for the same thing. thats what i dont understand, how is dell NOT responsible for what is on DELL.COM ????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 12:29 PM
so im on hold with dell right now - we'll see what happens

big daddy russ
08-18-2006, 12:33 PM
so im on hold with dell right now - we'll see what happens
Go get 'em, Tiger.

Gobbla2001
08-18-2006, 12:40 PM
I was just going to say the same thing. Get them for false advertisement. They can't go back just because one of their own made a mistake. Car dealers used to get sued all the time for the same thing.

yah, guy at work was just saying today that he's getting the run-around by a car dealership in Victoria... the add says they'll add $10,000 on top of the kelly blue book price for your trade in... aint doing it...

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
im talking to the idiot who was lost from his village

Gobbla2001
08-18-2006, 12:43 PM

oh yah... that guy...

big daddy russ
08-18-2006, 12:50 PM
yah, guy at work was just saying today that he's getting the run-around by a car dealership in Victoria... the add says they'll add $10,000 on top of the kelly blue book price for your trade in... aint doing it...
Is it Pt. Lavaca? I've heard about a lot of people getting the run-around from them. Their way around all those discounts is by devaluing your trade-in. One of my dad's good friends went in with cash, no trade-in, and said he wanted this Ford pickup for the advertised price. He said he'd write the check out then and there. They said no thanks, so he went back to Corpus and did business with Padre.

LOL

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
well now im talkin to a guy from the good ole usa and he's trying to take care of me...

if dell actually goes through with completing my order, ill never talk bad about their customer service again - if they dont come through, im driving to round rock, im gonna find mr dell and punch him in the nose

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
looks like im goin to round rock...

hasta la vista michael dell

big daddy russ
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
looks like im goin to round rock...

hasta la vista michael dell
What was their loophole for not honoring the ad?

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 01:31 PM
What was their loophole for not honoring the ad?

said the small print on the web site covered typographical errors - grrs --

big daddy russ
08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
said the small print on the web site covered typographical errors - grrs --
Sounds fishy.

KindaCool
08-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Sounds fishy. yeah, i just dont see how dell is not responsible for stuff on the dell website? thats like me saying im not responsible for damage i cause in a car wreck

Blastoderm55
08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Website advertising is just like newspaper advertising in that the firm will always cover their bottoms to protect them from typographical errors.

Plus, Mr. Dell is probably already hunkered into a bunker given their latest quarterly performance.

AggieJohn
08-18-2006, 04:14 PM
im talking to the idiot who was lost from his village apparently he moonlights as a student loan consultant