PDA

View Full Version : Astros Swept by Cubs

SWMustang
08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I don't think it can get any worse than this... we do have a 4 game series with the pirates, maybe it can get worse.

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I don't think it can get any worse than this... we do have a 4 game series with the pirates, maybe it can get worse.

yet the Astros are closer to the playoffs than the Blue Jays, who have had a heckuva season...

Maroon87
08-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Still only 4 games back in the Wild Card, but at this rate why make the postseason? They'd probably get swept by the Mets if they made it.:(

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Still only 4 games back in the Wild Card, but at this rate why make the postseason? They'd probably get swept by the Mets if they made it.:(

Have you checked out Wild-card winners lately?

2005...Houston was the wild-card (ok, so they lost)
2004...Boston was the wild-card (won WS)
2003...Florida was the wild-card (won WS)
2002...Anaheim was the wild-card (won WS)

that's reason enough to make the postseason to me.

wedo
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Yeah but the Mets are freakin awesome!!!! I don't like the stros chances in that series!!!! Sorry!!! If they even get there i'd say the season was a sucess b/c it was't hsa bad has it could have been!!! B/c to say the truth the stros just don't have this year!!!!

Maroon87
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

But all of those clubs were playing quite a bit better at this point in the season than the Astros are now. Don't get me wrong...I hope they make it and go all the way. But I'm afraid that big surge we've all been waiting for isn't going to happen. I'm still hopeful, but not overly optimistic.

wedo
08-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
But all of those clubs were playing quite a bit better at this point in the season than the Astros are now. Don't get me wrong...I hope they make it and go all the way. But I'm afraid that big surge we've all been waiting for isn't going to happen. I'm still hopeful, but not overly optimistic.

Thats exactly what i think!!! I hope they make it but i just don't think that they are and im not getting my hopes up!!!!!!