PDA

View Full Version : SFA on the list of schools for Bomar

mistanice
08-16-2006, 11:16 AM
SFA on list of schools for Bomar

By Kevin Gore
Cox East Texas

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar and offensive guard J.D. Quinn have made SFA part of their tour in an effort to find a place to play football, after both were dismissed from the OU program for violating NCAA rules last week.

SFA head football coach Robert McFarland confirmed Tuesday that, after he received permission from OU to contact both players, the players visited SFA.

McFarland said it is his understanding that the players have received six offers from Division I-AA schools and three others from Division I programs.

He said SFA has not offered either player anything.

The players were kicked off the Sooners team after an investigation revealed they accepted compensation above the work they performed from a car dealership where they worked for near Norman, Okla.

If either player transfers to a Division I program, they would lose a year of eligibility before incurring whatever penalty the NCAA levies, McFarland said. If the players transfer to a Division I-AA program, they would not lose the year of eligibility and would only have to serve the NCAA penalty.

"We are looking at getting the full understanding of what actually happened," McFarland said. "We want to see the position of the players, OU and the NCAA before we sit down, ourselves, to figure out what we want to do."

Bomar (6-4, 215), of Grand Prairie, played in 12 games and started 11 for Oklahoma as a redshirt freshman last season. He threw for 2,018 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Quinn (6-4, 305) would have been a sophomore this season. He is from Garland High School.

Bomar also has visited Houston and Sam Houston, according to published reports.

Phil C
08-16-2006, 11:18 AM
With colleges starting classes very soon they better get it settled if they want to enroll for the fall semester.

kaorder1999
08-16-2006, 11:19 AM
when you are a good athlete they can enroll them whenever they want! Colleges can bend rules for them!!

PPHSfan
08-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
With colleges starting classes very soon they better get it settled if they want to enroll for the fall semester.

LOL,

Pull the tounge out of your cheek Phil.:D

Adidas410s
08-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

for some reason I doubt that education is of too much concern for them.

Bearkat
08-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Come on Bomar, think BEARKATS!!!

eagles_victory
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I hope he comes to SFA because thats where I am going. Maybe he can help me find a good job. :D

PPHSfan
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I hope he comes to SFA because thats where I am going. Maybe he can help me find a good job. :D

LOL 79

mistanice
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

LOL, well i hear he has a job waiting for him at Gound Chevrolet in Nac.