1.Sweetwater
2.Clyde <new looks gonna be good
3.Wylie
4.Breckenridge
5.Comanche

what does everyone else think

injuredinmelee
08-16-2006, 09:43 AM
let me know I might be able to set you up with a good crack dealer.

I will buy your lunch at the restaurant of your choice if Clyde beats Wylie.

CHSWR07
08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
ok were going to copper creek right after the game let me go ahead and make a prediction 17-7 Kevil rushes for over 200 and wes liles lights justin skinner up first half and gary edwards will get broke in half by our line theres some big surprises this year in the line

CHSWR07
08-16-2006, 09:52 AM
anyone else got any predictions

injuredinmelee
08-16-2006, 09:56 AM
i have some more predictions...

you get study hall for being on the Dlow during computer lit class

Clyde loses to at least one 2a team this year.

Breckenridge takes third in district.

Sweetwater Red
08-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
anyone else got any predictions

Sweetwater and Wylie making the play-offs is a no-brainer.

The battle will be between Clyde and Breckenridge for the third
play-off spot.

When does Clyde play Breckenridge?

sww-bull52
08-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I say don't take Clyde so lightly. They've always got talent and heart and this year they have a new coach.

VWG
08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
I say don't take Clyde so lightly. They've always got talent and heart and this year they have a new coach.

Where did their coach come in from?

Johnny Moxen
08-16-2006, 11:08 AM
District championship will be between Wylie and Sweetwater with Wylie taking the crown again this year. I predict that third place will be a battle between Commanche and Breckenridge with Breckenridge advancing to the playoffs.

My predicted order of finish
1. Wylie
2. Sweetwater
3. Breckenridge
4. Commanche
5. Clyde

BMOC
08-16-2006, 11:08 AM
1. Wylie (gotta go with the dogs):D
2. Sweetwater (good talent returning - see how well thier qb does)
3. Breckenridge (The 2nd year HC seems to have the bucks heading in the right direction)

3afan
08-16-2006, 11:13 AM

2.Clyde
3.Wylie

but wouldnt that be great to see Clyde break through and beat a program like Wylie?

well, I think it would be .........

Butkus
08-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
but wouldnt that be great to see Clyde break through and beat a program like Wylie?

well, I think it would be ......... Shoot that be like snyder beatin Sweetwater.

shadow13
08-16-2006, 12:05 PM
This District is to close to call, I think I will have to predict that it's any teams District to win. Remember the last 2 years 3 teams shared the Title, Clyde should step up and replace Snyder and with Breckenridge and Comanche coming into the District ,who kows what's going to happen.

3afan
08-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Shoot that be like snyder beatin Sweetwater.

that would also be great ....

PPHSfan
08-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Wylie will beat Sweetwater.

Tiger Baseball
08-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Shoot that be like snyder beatin Sweetwater.

Cake Walk... :D

injuredinmelee
08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Sweetwater is the class of West Texas this fall.

CHSWR07
08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
i still think clydes got a heck of a shot to make the playoffs i dont think ppl realize what the new coach is doing there and the talent that they have in thier jr. class a rb runnin a 4.5 a fb/qb/lb who was a honorable mentioned all state a jr. reciever with hands like velcro and a big a line that can move ppl around like its nothing just give them a chance and watch

sweetwater07
08-16-2006, 07:29 PM
i know this is gonna cause some heat..but i say
1. Sweetwater
2. Clyde
3. Wylie
i think clyde is waaaaay underrated...heck we only beat them by 7 points last year...they have a nice RB and that line is a bunch of corn fed monsters!!!!!....clyde beats wylie by 3-7 points...wylie has gary edwards returning..wow... :rolleyes:

DaHop72
08-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Hum, wondering how that crow is going to taste?:thinking: :thinking:

sweetwater07
08-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Hum, wondering how that crow is going to taste?:thinking: :thinking:

hopefully i won't get the chance to taste it...lol

TPlinebacker53
08-16-2006, 08:35 PM
i got clyde hangin with the big dogs this year..
they r gonna have a pretty tough backfeild

Mustangpride09
08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Sweetwater takes district, Wylie destroys Clyde, but Clyde still takes third.

thewyliefan
08-16-2006, 09:38 PM
your right sweetwater07 we do return gary, and felts, and skinner, and smith and several others who saw plenty of playing time and the line this year doesnt seem to be to big in size except for that wisenhunt kid but the rest of the boys got speed and enough strength to play and that guy from clyde is making it sound like wylie all of a sudden is going to be horrible because they are replacing excelent seniors. funny thing is they do it EVERY YEAR!!

MHSvarsity2007
08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Sweetwater takes district, Wylie destroys Clyde, but Clyde still takes third.

my thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

Whsdogs
08-17-2006, 12:22 AM
well my predictions will be wylie, sweetwater and breck...clyde will be last this year. Every year its the same talk about wylie being last and clyde doing super good cause they have their new head coach every year...well sorry but much isnt going to change, wylie and sweetwater will battle for first and second and so on and so forth.

and for the guy talkin bout gary being man handled by their line...back of garys jersey reads Bulldogs #20 just in case you cant see that far down the field :nerd:

CHSWR07
08-17-2006, 09:10 AM
you cant see the back of a jersey when its on the ground and when has clyde gotten a new coach every year last time we got a new coach no one was even excited and it was about 4 years ago just wait u can talk but it comes down to game time felts is small skinner is slow gary is good as crap ill give yall that but smith is week and has a bad knee who knows if he'll even make the whole season we have a great secondary that will shut skinner down real quick he's not even that good gary cant run the ball every play smith blew it for yall last year in the playoffs and has good hands but is slow but other than that yall have a slow middle of the the defense and ur outside linebackers are week the only guy on D we need to worry about is Josh Jennings and we have a full back that will meet him in the whole no problem

Phantom Stang
08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
1st & 2nd place will be Sweetwater and Wylie, not necessarily in that order.

I see the third spot as being up for grabs, between Breckenridge, Clyde, and Comanche. Any one of these three has a chance of upsetting either Swweetwater or Wylie.

pero chato
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM
you cant see the back of a jersey when its on the ground and when has clyde gotten a new coach every year last time we got a new coach no one was even excited and it was about 4 years ago just wait u can talk but it comes down to game time felts is small skinner is slow gary is good as crap ill give yall that but smith is week and has a bad knee who knows if he'll even make the whole season we have a great secondary that will shut skinner down real quick he's not even that good gary cant run the ball every play smith blew it for yall last year in the playoffs and has good hands but is slow but other than that yall have a slow middle of the the defense and ur outside linebackers are week the only guy on D we need to worry about is Josh Jennings and we have a full back that will meet him in the whole no problem

Thanks for your insightful evaluation of Wylie's team this year. We'll be sure to post it in the locker room so that the guys can make some adjustments before taking the field against Clyde.

Johnny Moxen
08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
from CHSWR07: you cant see the back of a jersey when its on the ground and when has clyde gotten a new coach every year last time we got a new coach no one was even excited and it was about 4 years ago just wait u can talk but it comes down to game time felts is small skinner is slow gary is good as crap ill give yall that but smith is week and has a bad knee who knows if he'll even make the whole season we have a great secondary that will shut skinner down real quick he's not even that good gary cant run the ball every play smith blew it for yall last year in the playoffs and has good hands but is slow but other than that yall have a slow middle of the the defense and ur outside linebackers are week the only guy on D we need to worry about is Josh Jennings and we have a full back that will meet him in the whole no problem

Why is it every year someone from Clyde gets on here and starts talking about how this is their year to take district and that the rest of the state is also put on notice as well? I hope that your team is more competitive, it would be nice to worry about someone other than Sweetwater. But until you prove it on the field (consistantly mind you) Clyde just needs to worry about developing a program. You can start talking trash when you start playing 3A and above teams throughout your schedule (meaning quit scheduling 2A teams). Until that time, just sit over in the corner and keep quite junior.

thewyliefan
08-17-2006, 06:30 PM
no joke, i do believe wylie is playing 3 4A schools and the state champs from last year so i'm sure they will be ready to play district, yes that even includes clyde, and once clyde starts beating the 2A teams then let the trash talking begin

sww-bull52
08-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Thanks for your insightful evaluation of Wylie's team this year. We'll be sure to post it in the locker room so that the guys can make some adjustments before taking the field against Clyde.

Yeah, like punctuation.

Mustangpride09
08-17-2006, 08:06 PM

Noone is going to take you seriously when you cant even use a period.

Stownhorse
08-17-2006, 08:28 PM

I think you need to get off your power trip...Wylie takes Disrtict sweetwater takes 2nd and clyde takes 3rd...im not under estimating im just sayin that sweetwater and wylie have established coaches and programs...wylie always finds a way so you might be eating some crow..

oh by the way...where did you get that ganja? lol

sweetwater07
08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Why is it every year someone from Clyde gets on here and starts talking about how this is their year to take district and that the rest of the state is also put on notice as well? I hope that your team is more competitive, it would be nice to worry about someone other than Sweetwater. But until you prove it on the field (consistantly mind you) Clyde just needs to worry about developing a program. You can start talking trash when you start playing 3A and above teams throughout your schedule (meaning quit scheduling 2A teams). Until that time, just sit over in the corner and keep quite junior.

OUCH!!!...clyde has some talent but i have yet to see a caoch use that to get a good program going....i think they will do good this year none the less.....and as far as wylie goes...among football coaches...sandifer is a god!!!!...he is always prepared and returns good players every year...i think they will have a great year...but i still think S'water takes district...(homer)

Snydertigersrul
08-17-2006, 09:08 PM
anybody got any predictions on district 7-3A

1.Sweetwater
2.Clyde <new looks gonna be good
3.Wylie
4.Breckenridge
5.Comanche

what does everyone else think

This is an easy pick. Abilene Wylie will win the district because the Bulldogs have Sweetwater's number (13-7 and 26-3 the last two years). Gary Edwards will run through the Sweetwater defense with ease. Clyde will surprise everyone under a very good new coach in Slaughter and take second place. Sweetwater will just survive and finish third.

Stownhorse
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
This is an easy pick. Abilene Wylie will win the district because the Bulldogs have Sweetwater's number (13-7 and 26-3 the last two years). Gary Edwards will run through the Sweetwater defense with ease. Clyde will surprise everyone under a very good new coach in Slaughter and take second place. Sweetwater will just survive and finish third.

Are you kidding me dude? Edwards will not run all over us...we have atleat 3 maybe even 4 guys that can hang with edwards just on defense

Snydertigersrul
08-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Are you kidding me dude? Edwards will not run all over us...we have atleat 3 maybe even 4 guys that can hang with edwards just on defense

Who are they? They sure didn't do much against him last year (WYLIE 26, SWEETWATER 3)

sweetwater07
08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Who are they? They sure didn't do much against him last year (WYLIE 26, SWEETWATER 3)

your ignorance shows through your posts......do some research before you talk about S'water..oh by the way ...17-6???

Snydertigersrul
08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
your ignorance shows through your posts......do some research before you talk about S'water..oh by the way ...17-6???

I will bookmark this and then we will check back with each other in December.

Stownhorse
08-17-2006, 09:30 PM

bring up the past??? i mean i could do that too and show yalls losses against us but it would be a waste of time cuz yall know...and Edwards didnt score all 26 points

sweetwater07
08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
bring up the past??? i mean i could do that too and show yalls losses against us but it would be a waste of time cuz yall know...and Edwards didnt score all 26 points

you can think CK for those points...i don't think edwards ever scored against us...but don't take that as gospel

Snydertigersrul
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
you can think CK for those points...i don't think edwards ever scored against us...but don't take that as gospel

Wylye will be a different team on offense this year with the spread. Edwards should become an more effective offensive weapon for the Bulldogs.

Stownhorse
08-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Wylye will be a different team on offense this year with the spread. Edwards should become an more effective offensive weapon for the Bulldogs.

ok John Madden

sweetwater07
08-17-2006, 09:41 PM

well their new offense can check our new defense....its going to be a good game

Black_Magic
08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i have some more predictions...

you get study hall for being on the Dlow during computer lit class

Clyde loses to at least one 2a team this year.

Breckenridge takes third in district. dont think so I think Clyde could be even second not to sweetwater. but to wylie.

Stownhorse
08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
dont think so I think Clyde could be even second not to sweetwater. but to wylie.

ok John Madden

sweetwater07
08-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
dont think so I think Clyde could be even second not to sweetwater. but to wylie.

your posts are amusing

wildstangs
08-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I heard that a former Clyde player (and I think he was a poster on here) that had moved to Abilene High, has now moved back to Clyde. I give Clyde the early nod over Breckenridge for the third spot.

Heyoverthere
08-22-2006, 10:57 PM
even though i go to wylie i see S'Water taking it and as for clyde i see wylie taking them like in any sport..... :D

RMAC
08-23-2006, 12:44 AM

I retract my statement from a few weeks ago to SnyderTigersRule; you are no longer the dumbest poster on here . . . it appears that we have a new winner. Guess what WR07, I don't even go Wylie, and I'll tell you right now that Clyde won't beat Wylie. They might pick up the 3rd spot in district, but they won't beat Wylie. I don't know why you thing that since you got a new coach you'll make the playoffs. Guess what!!, Graham beat Wylie last year and didn't even make the playoffs. Sandifer is one the greatest 3A coaches of all time and will be remembered for it. You can talk all of this and all of that, but when it comes down to it, Clyde doesn't have the talent, the players, or the coaching to beat Wylie. They might have the potential, as I haven't seen them, but potential is just that . . . POTENTIAL. You've got to have the skill and the coaching to get it done when it counts. . . not when you're on here running your mouth 3 months prior to game time and sitting the bench when it comes time for the 4th quarter.

Oh yeah, this is rather ironic that you should be on here talking crap like this. It's rather similar to right when the board started and all the Wylie posters were on here saying how Wylie was gonna beat the world then they lost in the first round. Well, I guess this is good for you. . . maybe in 3 or 4 years your little brother will be on a good Clyde team as you have now set the wheels in motion . . .

injuredinmelee
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM

do they teach punctuation at Clyde?

STANG RED
08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
If Clyde gets a good start, and gets some good wins under belt, they may actually get enough belief and mo, to carry them to a really good season. If this happens, I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see them upset some folks and make some noise, because theres no doubt they have the talent. It's all going to come down to how they come out of the blocks, as to how much momentum they can build up. I still see Swater & Wylie fighting for the top spot, with Clyde and Breck fighting for the third spot, but dont be at all surprised to see either Clyde or Breck upset one of the top two. It's gonna be a good horse race!
Swater
Wylie
Clyde
Breck
Commanche
And if anybody is ignoring Commanche, they could easily jump up and surprise someone, and throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. At least one good team is staying home come playoff time, out of this district.

pero chato
08-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If Clyde gets a good start, and gets some good wins under belt, they may actually get enough belief and mo, to carry them to a really good season. If this happens, I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see them upset some folks and make some noise, because theres no doubt they have the talent. It's all going to come down to how they come out of the blocks, as to how much momentum they can build up. I still see Swater & Wylie fighting for the top spot, with Clyde and Breck fighting for the third spot, but dont be at all surprised to see either Clyde or Breck upset one of the top two. It's gonna be a good horse race!
Swater
Wylie
Clyde
Breck
Commanche
And if anybody is ignoring Commanche, they could easily jump up and surprise someone, and throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. At least one good team is staying home come playoff time, out of this district.

This is the best evaluation I've read about the district. Good job.

Adidas410s
08-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Sweetwater...a solid 1st place
Wylie...it's hard to put them at the top with a new offense. We don't know how effective it will be and it could falter at any time.

Between Clyde and Breckenridge...I will say that the first team to reach 4 wins will be the one that wins their game and thus take the 3rd place spot in the standings.