PDA

View Full Version : First weeks opponents

Odis
08-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Hale fire boys, how bout a football post:

What do ya'll know about your first week's (or zero week's) opponent?

The Mean Green butt kickin machine playing Argyle. I know ZERO about Argyle, but am smart enough to know they don't wear Argyle socks!!

My prediction: IP 28 Argyle 7

Let's hear it boys!!!

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Odis
Hale fire boys, how bout a football post:

What do ya'll know about your first week's (or zero week's) opponent?

The Mean Green butt kickin machine playing Argyle. I know ZERO about Argyle, but am smart enough to know they don't wear Argyle socks!!

My prediction: IP 28 Argyle 7

Let's hear it boys!!!

Odis.....Argyle was a 2A state finalist last season and beat the Bulls during the regular season. They are returning a number of their players this season, so I think they will play IP a lot closer than you may think.

pirate4state
08-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Cuero is ranked #2 in the state

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2006, 01:28 PM
We have Waco Connally and I really don't know too much about them, other than Phantom Stang will be "ridin' tha jock" & rooting for them. ;)

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Sweetwater is GOOD!

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Sweetwater is GOOD!
You play them the first week? I thought ya'll were in the same district. :confused: :confused:

Odis
08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
>>Sweetwater is GOOD!<<

Call me a dumb country boy, but I thought ya'll played Brownwood first, before ya'll came up here fo yo hiney whippin!!!

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
>>Sweetwater is GOOD!<<

Call me a dumb country boy, but I thought ya'll played Brownwood first, before ya'll came up here fo yo hiney whippin!!!

yes we play the Wood first. I wouldn't be so sure about IP beating Wylie. IP is slower than Christmas and Wylie always has plenty of size on the lines...enough to stop the boring offense that is the Hawks! :thumbsup:

Odis
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
>>enough to stop the boring offense that is the Hawks! <<

Bud, we like to call that "Smash Mouth".

I's out at practice the uther day an cudn't hep but notice we got a good crop o corn fed linemen chompin at the bit to bust heads this year!!

Sweetwater Red
08-15-2006, 02:09 PM

I's out at practice the uther day an cudn't hep but notice we got a good crop o corn fed linemen chompin at the bit to bust heads this year!!

Too bad one of them isn't Tyler Duggins.

Ranger Mom
08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
We play Graham...really haven't heard much about them at all so far!!

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We play Graham...really haven't heard much about them at all so far!!
they throw the ball!!! ;)

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM

run for 2 yards up the middle...run for 1 yd up the middle...

3rd and 6...hmm lets try a run up the middle!!!

That's not "smashmouth" football...that's boring as hell! :thumbsup:

pirate4state
08-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
run for 2 yards up the middle...run for 1 yd up the middle...

3rd and 6...hmm lets try a run up the middle!!!

That's not "smashmouth" football...that's boring as hell! :thumbsup: Why are you giving it a :thumbsup:?? I like a good mix of running and passing, but teams that have perfected that "misdirection" stuff is exciting to watch!! :) That is of course, just my opinion.

Odis
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
>>That's not "smashmouth" football...that's boring as hell!<<

Bud, you don't know anything about smashmouth football. (Course I don't expect some fool who has a cat shakin his arse around to know much about football)

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
>>That's not "smashmouth" football...that's boring as hell!<<

Bud, you don't know anything about smashmouth football. (Course I don't expect some fool who has a cat shakin his arse around to know much about football)

Every Iowa Park game I have ever been to over the years...against Graham, Wylie, and Breck...is some of the most boring football I have ever been witness to.]

And don't question that Cat...he can move faster than anybody that plays @ IP!

Phantom Stang
08-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We have Waco Connally and I really don't know too much about them, other than Phantom Stang will be "ridin' tha jock" & rooting for them. ;)
:kiss:

piratebg
08-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Cuero is ranked #2 in the state

They are also more experienced, bigger, faster, and wear green. Should be interesting.

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
:kiss:
:o :o :kiss: