PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Getting On the Field

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Seems like down thru the years fans tend to get upset with opposing coaches who go a little distance out on the field to coach or talk to an official about a call. It's supposed to be a penalty, but is not not called that often. Opposing fans really get upset when the coaches go out to the officials to "complain" about a call.

CenTexSports
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Two things that might interest you.

1) TASO and the UIL are focusing on sideline management this year. You will probably see a lot more sideline warnings and penalties the first half of the year.

2) For the first time, football coaches (all levels) can and may be EJECTED from games for receiving two penalties. They then have to leave the premises just like a baseball or basketball coach.

AggieJohn
08-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Two things that might interest you.

1) TASO and the UIL are focusing on sideline management this year. You will probably see a lot more sideline warnings and penalties the first half of the year.

2) For the first time, football coaches (all levels) can and may be EJECTED from games for receiving two penalties. They then have to leave the premises just like a baseball or basketball coach. your number one is very very true, in my meetings they have focused me on keeping the sidelines clear...their is a 3ft zone between the sideline and where they coaches are too be this year.....

KTJ
08-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I think it's a problem in all sports. The last 2 years, the UIL and the NF has asked us to crack down on the coaching box in basketball. Usually, if the coach is out of his box and he's actually coaching his players, no one really cares. But this year, we've had to give T's for that.

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 08:10 PM
It amazes me. Sometimes I see 2 or 3 coaches on the field about 5 yards past the sideline.

sweetwater07
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
when coach J of sweetwater gets upset...sidelines beware!!!!