PDA

View Full Version : Frenship loses QB Doege to torn acl

Snydertigersrul
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Seth Doege Out For Season With TRorn ACL
Frenship loses QB Doege to torn ACL
BY GEORGE WATSON
AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

Frenship starting quarterback Seth Doege tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Saturday and the junior will likely miss the 2006 season.

Tigers head coach Brad Davis said the injury occurred during a 15-play session of an intrasquad scrimmage. On the 11th play, Doege rolled out to his left before a defender grabbed him by the shoulder and twisted him down. Davis said Doege's left cleat caught in the grass.

Davis said an MRI on Saturday indicated a probable tear of the ACL, but that the decision by Doege and his parents to have surgery hasn't been made. That decision will likely come after Doege has the knee examined by another doctor Monday.

"It was just a freakish deal," Davis said. "These things happen in football, and you're always going to face some adversity each year. The kids have to bounce back and get back up. We've got our whole season ahead of us, and we just have to regroup, make some changes and move forward."

Doege transferred to Frenship from Crane when is father, Randy, was hired as the Tigers' offensive line coach. He was a Class 2A first-team all-state quarterback selection last season after throwing for more than 3,000 yards and 32 touchdowns for the Golden Cranes.

In the first week of offseason practice with the Tigers, Doege suffered a partially torn medial collateral ligament in the same knee he injured on Saturday.

Doege was poised to be part of a Frenship team that had been ranked as high as seventh in Class 4A by two preseason polls. With Doege out, junior Nick Hanslik, who was slated to start at receiver and linebacker, will move to quarterback, Davis said. Behind him will be junior Matt Hill, who played on the junior varsity last year, and sophomore Lance Ratliff, both of whom have worked exclusively with the varsity this fall.

VWG
08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
We haven't talked about this much.... but how can a guy make more money as a 4A offensive line coach than a 2A Head Coach & AD?
It seems to me Coach Doege moved his kid to Frenship from Crane to play for athletic reasons. What was so bad at Crane that the guy wanted to leave his AD position and step down to take a lower level asst. job? I don't get it... unless he did it so his kid could play at a 4A school that is known for a good football program.

DaHop72
08-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by VWG
We haven't talked about this much.... but how can a guy make more money as a 4A offensive line coach than a 2A Head Coach & AD?
It seems to me Coach Doege moved his kid to Frenship from Crane to play for athletic reasons. What was so bad at Crane that the guy wanted to leave his AD position and step down to take a lower level asst. job? I don't get it... unless he did it so his kid could play at a 4A school that is known for a good football program. Man, have you ever been to Crane. That's the dropping off spot of Texas.

AggieJohn
08-15-2006, 07:51 AM
sadly this probably keeps him out of going D1

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Man, have you ever been to Crane. That's the dropping off spot of Texas.

I thought that was Big Spring! :thinking:

Phil C
08-15-2006, 08:23 AM
I am sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully he can recover and have a great senior year. He may not go D1 but hopefully maybe someone can get a real steal with him.

kaorder1999
08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
thats horrible!

DaHop72
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I thought that was Big Spring! :thinking: No, Crane makes Big Spring look like paradise.:D

Ranger Mom
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Man, have you ever been to Crane. That's the dropping off spot of Texas.

LOL!! That was my thoughts EXACTLY!

My husband is from Crane, he hates that place too.

Things were not all "paradise" for Doege when he was there either, I don't blame him for leaving!

Your family's happiness is worth more than a bigger paycheck at the end of the day!

vet93
08-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Since Doege has left I have know of at least one pretty good player that has quit. Crane will be good this year but not as good as they could be....seems to be alot of tension in the community.

Phil C
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Crane, you must learn to relax.

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Who is Phil talking to??? :thinking:

pirate4state
08-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully he can recover and have a great senior year. He may not go D1 but hopefully maybe someone can get a real steal with him. :clap: Right on Phil, right on! Good Luck to Seth on his road to recovery.

Tiger Baseball
08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Things were not all "paradise" for Doege when he was there either, I don't blame him for leaving!

Your family's happiness is worth more than a bigger paycheck at the end of the day!

:thumbsup:

Phil C
08-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

GIVE ME THE MONEY HONEY!

;) :D

DUKE22
08-15-2006, 01:11 PM
I always hate to hear this. Coach Davis is a great coach and a great guy. It is important in practice that kids stay up and stay off the quarter back. I dont care if it is a team scrimmage or not, kids dont need to horse collar the QB.