PDA

View Full Version : UFC or "Wrestling"

mustang04
08-14-2006, 10:08 PM
ok..which do you prefer...i honestly liek UFC cuz its real fighting..wrestlign is so fake and lame its sad..what do yall think???

wos fan1
08-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Love wrestling!!

Emerson1
08-14-2006, 10:12 PM
UFC they get a couple punches in then they are just on the ground holding each other.

tigerpride_08
08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
UFC they get a couple punches in then they are just on the ground holding each other.

yes but when its not that, it gets very interesting...:D

Rabbit'93
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
There's more to it than that. It's actually wrestling for position. Real wrestling.

mistanice
08-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I only liked wrestling when the Ultimate Warrior would take the ring!! http://www.enhancedesign.com/images_home/pyv_logo_design_inspiration.jpg

Ranger Mom
08-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I feel like a real idiot right now...but what is UFC??

Fal44
08-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I feel like a real idiot right now...but what is UFC??

Ultimate Fighting Championship

I prefer UFC over that crap they call wrestling...

DU_stud04
08-14-2006, 11:15 PM
i dont care for either, but if i had to pick one, ill take ufc. if i wanted to watch something fake, id watch reality tv, or a soap oprea, theyre more entertaining than wrestling.

eagles_victory
08-14-2006, 11:25 PM
for the record its WWE changed it about 4 years ago and WCW doesnt exist anymore since about 5 years ago. Now its WWE (and ECW) and TNA with AJ Styles hes an awesome wrestler

District303aPastPlayer
08-15-2006, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
for the record its WWE changed it about 4 years ago and WCW doesnt exist anymore since about 5 years ago. Now its WWE (and ECW) and TNA with AJ Styles hes an awesome wrestler

Three small Words:
RING OF HONOR

big daddy russ
08-15-2006, 07:18 AM
I love wrestling. A huge group of us in high school used to watch it together and I still try to catch it from time to time.

For those who say they can't get into it because it's fake: so was Top Gun, the Matrix, all those John Wayne movies, and Die Hard. But I still love every single one of those movies.

3afan
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I love wrestling. A huge group of us in high school used to watch it together and I still try to catch it from time to time.

For those who say they can't get into it because it's fake: so was Top Gun, the Matrix, all those John Wayne movies, and Die Hard. But I still love every single one of those movies.

this sums it up perfectly .... wrestling is fake? REALLY !?!?! It a show, its entertainment. The interviews, the in the tunnel action, the soap operaness (?) ---------- its like a weekly series.

I've never seen UFC but it seems its just controlled violence --- whats entertaining about that?

I rarely watch wrestling but without seeing UFC I know I'd prefer the wresting.

Bearkat
08-15-2006, 09:28 AM
There is no such thing as a good wrestler. For those of you who don't know WRESTLING IS FAKE!!! You may be able to call them actors but don't use good or awesome. Yes, I realize that the ACTORS are really hit sometimes, but how many times can a person take a kick in the head and still get up? The best fighter in the UFC can be floored and knocked out with a single punch or kick. The actors of the WWE will take 30 minutes of punches, kicks, and body slams and still, thinks to the hulkamanics, find a way to fight back and win the match. BS!!! It's all staged. You can't compare these two events. The UFC is real and exciting!!!

big daddy russ
08-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
There is no such thing as a good wrestler. For those of you who don't know WRESTLING IS FAKE!!! You may be able to call them actors but don't use good or awesome. Yes, I realize that the ACTORS are really hit sometimes, but how many times can a person take a kick in the head and still get up? The best fighter in the UFC can be floored and knocked out with a single punch or kick. The actors of the WWE will take 30 minutes of punches, kicks, and body slams and still, thinks to the hulkamanics, find a way to fight back and win the match. BS!!! It's all staged. You can't compare these two events. The UFC is real and exciting!!!
Wrestling is fake and exciting.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-15-2006, 09:35 AM
This is the time frame that I liked wrestling...Anyone remember these guys...
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/51/180px-Rock_N_Roll_Express.jpg

http://www.comicus.it/nerosubianco/uploaded_images/The_Legion_Of_Doom_13-765264.jpg

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/halloffame/veboys1.jpg

3afan
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM

you are right - its an unfair comparison

but you are wrong in that there are no good wrestlers ... some are tremendous athletes and are very good - great - at what they do. they are entertainers and they admit it. of course its "fake", staged, whatever you want to call it, thats why its not a good comparison to UCF. no one said wrestling is "real". but it is great ENTERTAINMENT for millions of people, probably 100 times more than enjoy UCF.

DaHop72
08-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/51/180px-Rock_N_Roll_Express.jpg

http://www.comicus.it/nerosubianco/uploaded_images/The_Legion_Of_Doom_13-765264.jpg

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/halloffame/veboys1.jpg :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

big daddy russ
08-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Snyder Tiger Fan, the Legion of Doom and the Steiner Bros (two different 'leagues') were my favorite tag teams growing up. Wasn't as big on the Rock 'n Roll Express, though.

Bearkat
08-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
you are right - its an unfair comparison

but you are wrong in that there are no good wrestlers ... some are tremendous athletes and are very good - great - at what they do. they are entertainers and they admit it. of course its "fake", staged, whatever you want to call it, thats why its not a good comparison to UCF. no one said wrestling is "real". but it is great ENTERTAINMENT for millions of people, probably 100 times more than enjoy UCF.

I see your point. There are some really good athletes in wrestling. I wonder how many wrestlers are former football players? (The Rock played at Miami) What about the huge guy, The Show or something like that? I bet he would be hard to move at nose tackle.

big daddy russ
08-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I see your point. There are some really good athletes in wrestling. I wonder how many wrestlers are former football players? (The Rock played at Miami) What about the huge guy, The Show or something like that? I bet he would be hard to move at nose tackle.
I've heard Goldberg played at the University of Georgia and I know Randy McMichael used to play in the NFL. I wonder if there are any others?

3afan
08-15-2006, 09:53 AM
The Show

The Big Show - claim is 7' 500 lbs I thnk - i'd like to be that big for a day or two

DaHop72
08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
I've heard Goldberg played at the University of Georgia and I know Randy McMichael used to play in the NFL. I wonder if there are any others? Luger and Pillman played.

Bearkat
08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Luger and Pillman played.

Didn't Pillman play for the Bengals? Where did Luger play?

DaHop72
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Didn't Pillman play for the Bengals? Where did Luger play? Pillman did play for the Bengals. Luger spent a year on the IR with the Packers and was cut. He spent the rest of his career with stints in the USFL and the CFL.

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I've heard Goldberg played at the University of Georgia and I know Randy McMichael used to play in the NFL. I wonder if there are any others?

It was Steve McMichael, from Freer, who played for the Bears. He was a beast when my dad had to line up on offense against him. Other wrestlers who've come from or gone to football are The Rock (U of Miami), Brock Lesnar (walk-on with Vikings), Monty Brown (part of a Super Bowl team) and Kevin Greene (more of a joke really).

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 10:38 AM

Its a shame the website is no longer up, but I was going to link you to the page setup for donations to the former Rock N Roll Expresser. Apparently Ricky Morton is a deadbeat dad and landed in jail and managed to get the wrestling community to raise enough money to bail his sorry butt out. The website was truly hilarious. :D

Gp83
08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
UFC because it's actually real:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
08-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
The Big Show - claim is 7' 500 lbs I thnk - i'd like to be that big for a day or two

had lunch with him and Ken Kennedy a couple of weeks back, he REALLY is that big. Bobby Lashley used to be a college wrestler, and he is just a monster.

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Hah, I've got UFC playing here at work. The UPS dude stuck around to watch Andrei Arlovsky get knocked out. :p

AggieJohn
08-15-2006, 11:43 AM
three words:
Need a Girlfriend

Gobbla2001
08-15-2006, 11:44 AM
You have to be athletic to be one of those WWE folks... plus sometimes it's funny... but I'm still going with UFC...

About a year ago I actually sat down and watched Monday Night Raw (or whatever it is now) and they had that big guy with the red and black costume and the mask (Vader?) come out and beat someone down during a match...

He is so out of shape, he struggled getting into the ring and actually fell out of it while trying to just roll out onto his feet...

was kind of funny/sad...

eagles_victory
08-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Ron Simmons known as Faroque sp? the guy who was with Bradshaw in the APA was an awesome defensive end at Florida State and played some professional. Darren Drosdof aka Puke played in the NFL he was a nose guard thats where he got his name Puke he threw up on the ball. Kevin Nash was a center in basketball for the University of Tennessee and the Undertaker played JUCO basketball. Im sure theres more im not thinking about.

Gobbla2001
08-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Stone Cold played defensive tackle or defensive end (forget) for Edna... my cousin had to block him and said he was a mean little bass-turd...

eagles_victory
08-15-2006, 11:49 AM
yes Stone Cold played linebacker for UNT

District303aPastPlayer
08-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Ron Simmons known as Faroque sp? the guy who was with Bradshaw in the APA was an awesome defensive end at Florida State and played some professional. Darren Drosdof aka Puke played in the NFL he was a nose guard thats where he got his name Puke he threw up on the ball. Kevin Nash was a center in basketball for the University of Tennessee and the Undertaker played JUCO basketball. Im sure theres more im not thinking about.

Ron Simmons also had his number 92 RETIRED from FSU.

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Don't forget LT taking out "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow back at Wrestlemania.

mistanice
08-15-2006, 12:14 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGO043~The-Undertaker-175-Posters.jpg
The Undertaker went to Angelina College in Lufkin and played basketball there.

Phantom Stang
08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Here's one from when a sport was a sport...:cool:

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/photos/funk-doryjr-and-terry01.jpg

These are two guys you don't wanna Funk with!:D

Maroon87
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/halloffame/veboys1.jpg

Those were the days...:cool:

AP Panther Fan
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't like either one...UFC is extremely violent and WWF or whatever is extremely fake

BUT....I do like to watch "Hogan knows Best":D

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I don't like either one...UFC is extremely violent and WWF or whatever is extremely fake

BUT....I do like to watch "Hogan knows Best":D

Current day UFC is no more violent than boxing. They've done a lot to build integrity for the sport, and do a great job of protecting the fighters.

Emerson1
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
UFC is just kick boxing inside a cage.

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 04:32 PM
UFC is just kick boxing inside a cage.

Its also mat wrestling, ju-jitsu, street boxing, muy thai, and a plethora of a other styles that make up the repatoir of today's renaissance fighters.

District303aPastPlayer
08-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Desire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WVNTKKYs0I)
Desire 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONg6kvSOoCI) (great song)

I know we debate this every now and then, but to whoever tells you that the wrestling ring is very padded is lying to you. There is a one inch thick pad under the apron. And even then, that pad is very very soft, it doesnt brace you much. The wrestlers protect themselves just like the UFC fighters do. Other than the outcomes being predetermined. How does falling off a 20 foot ladder onto a one inch pad over concrete seem fake?

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Desire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WVNTKKYs0I)
Desire 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONg6kvSOoCI) (great song)

I know we debate this every now and then, but to whoever tells you that the wrestling ring is very padded is lying to you. There is a one inch thick pad under the apron. And even then, that pad is very very soft, it doesnt brace you much. The wrestlers protect themselves just like the UFC fighters do. Other than the outcomes being predetermined. How does falling off a 20 foot ladder onto a one inch pad over concrete seem fake?

I always hear it compared to a trampoline. Hmmm, since when do you break your leg after jumping off the top rope onto a trampoline? Ask Sid Vicious. Wrestling is brutal, and despite what Vinny Mac says, is indeed a sport with very painful and sometimes deadly risks.

District303aPastPlayer
08-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I always hear it compared to a trampoline. Hmmm, since when do you break your leg after jumping off the top rope onto a trampoline? Ask Sid Vicious. Wrestling is brutal, and despite what Vinny Mac says, is indeed a sport with very painful and sometimes deadly risks.

it is sorta like trampoline. a trampoline made with a bunch of 2x8s...

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I kinda look at it as a semi-flex boxspring that is sold with cheaper bedding. Yeah, its got some give, but you sure as hell don't wanna land head first on it. Or face first. Or back first. On second thought, just try not to land on it period. Going through a table makes for a softer landing than getting jackknifed on the mat some nights. :p

mistanice
08-15-2006, 05:55 PM
RIP OWEN HART

Blastoderm55
08-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Indeed. :(

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 08:03 PM
I always liked wrestling back when Stone Cold, the Rock, and Mankind were in their prime. The UFC is pretty good though

Emerson1
08-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Mick Foley(Mankind) is supposed to take part in his greatest match ever(or so he says) at summerslam this weekend

sweetwater07
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
its all about UFC baby!!!

big daddy russ
08-16-2006, 04:23 AM
It was Steve McMichael, from Freer, who played for the Bears. He was a beast when my dad had to line up on offense against him. Other wrestlers who've come from or gone to football are The Rock (U of Miami), Brock Lesnar (walk-on with Vikings), Monty Brown (part of a Super Bowl team) and Kevin Greene (more of a joke really).
Crazy.

And are you saying Kevin Greene was a joke as an NFLer or as a wrestler?

Blastoderm55
08-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Crazy.

And are you saying Kevin Greene was a joke as an NFLer or as a wrestler?

Wrestler. So was Mongo for that matter. Certainly didn't deserve to be a Horseman.

District303aPastPlayer
08-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Wrestler. So was Mongo for that matter. Certainly didn't deserve to be a Horseman.

no lie on that one

mustang04
08-16-2006, 01:38 PM
yall wrestling followers are soo gullable....those matts arent THAT hard..they give ALOT, theres no way a guy could be suplexed off the top of the ropes and land on his back and not tear things inside his body

Blastoderm55
08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yall wrestling followers are soo gullable....those matts arent THAT hard..they give ALOT, theres no way a guy could be suplexed off the top of the ropes and land on his back and not tear things inside his body

They do tear up things on their body. Why do you think wrestlers get addicted to painkillers. Nightly bumps on the mat wreck havoc on the body of a performer.

pirate4state
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm........UFC is that in that cage?

mustang04
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
They do tear up things on their body. Why do you think wrestlers get addicted to painkillers. Nightly bumps on the mat wreck havoc on the body of a performer.

well extreme conditioning can even put athletes on painkillers....wrestling has just gotten too lame for me to watch the guys will just stand there while their opponent will put them in a submission hold or something..YEAH RIGHT...its not entertaining to me cuz i sit there and just know that half the moves they do arent possible in a real fight cuz it takes too much time and takes cooperation from the other opponent....MOVIE fighting scenes arent even THAT fake in appearance

mustang04
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

yep!

pirate4state
08-16-2006, 02:01 PM
those guys are crazy!!!

Blastoderm55
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM

Yup. The Octagon.

mustang04
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
those guys are crazy!!!

yeah...and they are really taking full knees to the head and whatnot..sure sometimes wrestlers get hit and all, but its like every once in a while and not continuous throughout their fight...

Blastoderm55
08-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
well extreme conditioning can even put athletes on painkillers....wrestling has just gotten too lame for me to watch the guys will just stand there while their opponent will put them in a submission hold or something..YEAH RIGHT...its not entertaining to me cuz i sit there and just know that half the moves they do arent possible in a real fight cuz it takes too much time and takes cooperation from the other opponent....MOVIE fighting scenes arent even THAT fake in appearance

I'll agree with the current sad state of WWE wrestling, but TNA NWA and indy feds are doing great things. I haven't had a chance to watch Impact lately, but there are a lot of great athletes who manage to bring the psychology of marquee names along with performances for the ages. Don't give up on rastlin just cause of Vinny Mac's stale product.