PDA

View Full Version : Wilson done in Houston

Bulldog_12
08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Here is a story on MLB.com that says the Stros are looking to get rid of Houston as early as today. At the bottom of the story it mentions teams are also interested in Taveras.

Wilson out in Houston (http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060814&content_id=1609537&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Adidas410s
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
yeah...didn't they release him a few days ago?

Gobbla2001
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Weren't you 'done' in Houston also... or with Houston? ha :D

Bulldog_12
08-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah...didn't they release him a few days ago?

They cut him yesterday, and yes, I was through with the Astros season. Not through with them forever. I still root for them, but I dont see them doing anything this year. Im glad they won a few, but the Padres series was definitely a downer.

Gobbla2001
08-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
They cut him yesterday, and yes, I was through with the Astros season. Not through with them forever. I still root for them, but I dont see them doing anything this year. Im glad they won a few, but the Padres series was definitely a downer.

They're still in it...

I don't think it'll be easy, but it is possible...

Bulldog_12
08-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
They're still in it...

I don't think it'll be easy, but it is possible...

Everybody in the NL is theoretically "in it" outside of the cubs and pirates. I really hope I am horribly wrong, but the team just doesnt seem to have "it" this year.

Gobbla2001
08-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Everybody in the NL is theoretically "in it" outside of the cubs and pirates. I really hope I am horribly wrong, but the team just doesnt seem to have "it" this year.

I know what you mean... but keep the faith I think it's better than everyone thinks...

AggieJohn
08-14-2006, 05:46 PM
he was just a chance we took, pupura was smart in having options on his contract

Buccaneer
08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Did you see the caps the Astros are wearing tonight?

Buccaneer
08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Astros Lose!

pantherpop
08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he was just a chance we took, pupura was smart in having options on his contract
They really should have got Nomar Garciapara.

AggieJohn
08-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Did you see the caps the Astros are wearing tonight? they are the logo patch of the astronauts

g$$
08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
He was designated for assignment a few days ago, which means they have 10 days to trade or release him. He was formally released Tuesday. Thank God. I was against signing him in January & feel the same today. Boom or bust guy who has lost bat speed & Ks ways too much (94 in 390 ABs). Luke Scott was finally given a chance & has flourished. The NL is weak & still wide open. Keep the faith. There was a reason 29 other teams passed on Private Punchout. Next year, how about an outfield of Scott (RF), Taveras (CF), & Hunter Pence (LF)? Please give Pence a shot after what he has shown in the minors, plus he is 24 yrs. old I believe. We have been slow to promote & that must change. Obviously I am not a Purpura fan. Aggie John, this move had nothing to do with contract options. He had a 1 year deal ($4 million) with a club option on the next 3 years at $8 million per year. That was never going to happen & they cut ties now. Finally... now let's get on a roll before the road trip. A fair offer ($6 million per) was made to Nomar & he chose to go back home to southern California & play for the Dodgers. We are who we are & have to just play it out & rebuild this offseason.

Bulldog_12
08-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Wilson now in St. Louis and hits a freaking HR in his first game.

AggieJohn
08-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Wilson now in St. Louis and hits a freaking HR in his first game. and i'm sure it said, I was really just wanting to get out h-town

g$$
08-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Yes, he hit a HR in his 1st game with the Cardinals. But let's remember he did well in his 1st week with us too (like 3 HRs, etc.). He did very little after that week in April. They can have him. It was a bad signing then & now. Good riddance. He is just filling in with St. Louis until they get some guys healthy. I will eat my words if I am wrong. I do disagree with the Astros letting him go to a Central team before the 10 days was up. They could have traded him at the deadline for a minor leaguer. Oh well, he is gone & that is fine by me.