KTJ
08-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Who has the best French Fries?

Adidas410s
08-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Whataburger has the worst fries...but they have the fancy ketchup! :thumbsup:

GreenMonster
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Chic-fil-a's Waffle Fries are mmmmmm mmmmmmm good but I don't consider them to be fries. I will go with Whataburger and that famous "ketchup in a tub" of theirs.

KTJ
08-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Chic-fil-a's Waffle Fries are mmmmmm mmmmmmm good but I don't consider them to be fries

:confused:

STANG RED
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I never met a french fry, I didn't like.
But Ill take chick-fil-a, in a vote I guess.
But I really like the big ole mushy ones you can only find at little mom & pop cafes.

Blastoderm55
08-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Waffle fries own.

Adidas410s
08-14-2006, 03:17 PM
this is hard because I like McDonald's (though I'm getting to where I can taste the butter in their batter)...but they are SO greasy!!

Burger King has good flavorful and "full" fries...but then they came up with those chicken fries so they are out of the running.

Wendy's fries remind of ballpark fries...which are just lovely.

Chick Fil-A's waffle fries are probably the best...but as GM said they aren't true fries so they don't count.

I guess I'll go Wendy's

Old Tiger
08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Texas Burger

AggieJohn
08-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Mcdonalds hands down

GreenMonster
08-14-2006, 03:33 PM
If anyone has been to a Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy store they have crinkle cut fries that are very tasty as well.

Bulldog_12
08-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Burger King fries are the best! They are always crispy and full of flavor. I could really go for some now.:D

eagles_victory
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Burger King fries are the best! They are always crispy and full of flavor. I could really go for some now.:D I use to eat them everyday when I worked there they are really good.But like Casey said Texas Burger has some pretty dang good fries also.

Old Green
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM
French fries at the K & N burger joint in Cuero are the best. Real potatoes cut fresh everyday.:inlove:

pirate4state
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
this is hard because I like McDonald's (though I'm getting to where I can taste the butter in their batter)...but they are SO greasy!!

Burger King has good flavorful and "full" fries...but then they came up with those chicken fries so they are out of the running.

Wendy's fries remind of ballpark fries...which are just lovely.

Chick Fil-A's waffle fries are probably the best...but as GM said they aren't true fries so they don't count.

I guess I'll go Wendy's

CFA waffle fries are awesome!!! It's a toss up b/w Whataburger & Wendy's. I think the true test of a good french fry is the ability to eat them without ketchup!! :eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
08-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
CFA waffle fries are awesome!!! It's a toss up b/w Whataburger & Wendy's. I think the true test of a good french fry is the ability to eat them without ketchup!! :eek: :eek:

And you can't eat the Whataburger ones w/o ketchup. Everywhere I go they are either undercooked or REALLY greasy and flimsy. Every so often, they will get them right...but then you still want to use the fancy ketchup cuz it's just that good! :thumbsup:

GreenMonster
08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
And you can't eat the Whataburger ones w/o ketchup. Everywhere I go they are either undercooked or REALLY greasy and flimsy. Every so often, they will get them right...but then you still want to use the fancy ketchup cuz it's just that good! :thumbsup:

Whataburger's ketchup is the shizzle! If they were smart they would bottle that stuff up and put on the market as it's own entity.

44INAROW
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
French fries at the K & N burger joint in Cuero are the best. Real potatoes cut fresh everyday.:inlove:

i second that - and they are really good with their homemade chili and cheese on them :D

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I wish Mcdonalds would bring back the cajun fries they use to roll out once or twice a year..they were GREAT

Old Green
08-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
i second that - and they are really good with their homemade chili and cheese on them :D You just made me hungry again:D

YoePride05
08-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Texas Burger

same here

Gobbla2001
08-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
i second that - and they are really good with their homemade chili and cheese on them :D

Yah, that's one of the reasons I always liked getting their burrito plate was the chili and cheese going with the fries...

--

No Jack in the Crack (Box) seasoned curly fries suggestions? those are great

Gobbla2001
08-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Dammit... I need G2's and PPHS's help on this one...

What was the name of that place in Waco we ate before watching SLC and Lufkin play in '04???

they had some damn good fries and burgers...

Sweetwater Red
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Whataburger fries taste like they actually are made from potatoes.
McDonald's fries taste like heavily salted cardboard.

Gobbla2001
08-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Whataburger fries taste like they actually are made from potatoes.
McDonald's fries taste like heavily salted cardboard.

I guess I like heavily salted cardboard... but I also like Whataburger's fries, maybe better than Mc...

Sonic's used to be very good, now Dairy Queen has kinda taken them over in 'my' opinion...

AP Panther Fan
08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I like the steak fries at Fuddruckers....YUMMY!:D

Old Green
08-14-2006, 06:58 PM
WallBangers in McAllen has good fries with the biggest burgers around.

sinton66
08-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Whataburger has the worst fries...but they have the fancy ketchup! :thumbsup:

If you think your Whataburger fries are the worst, you need to ask the manager for the corporate office's phone number. We don't have that problem down here. (The corporation is VERY concerned about the quality of their food.)

big daddy russ
08-15-2006, 02:47 AM
You must've had some bad experiences with Whataburger. I know the ones in Houston and Bryan are alright, but aren't great, and the one in Mobile, AL sucks, but every other one from College Station south seems to be great.

Next time you're in Corpus (you have family there, right?) go eat at either the Whataburger on the Bay on Ocean Drive, the one in Portland, the one in Ingleside, or the one on Alameda over by Driscoll Hospital. Four of the best Whataburgers you'll find.

DaHop72
08-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You must've had some bad experiences with Whataburger. I know the ones in Houston and Bryan are alright, but aren't great, and the one in Mobile, AL sucks, but every other one from College Station south seems to be great.

Next time you're in Corpus (you have family there, right?) go eat at either the Whataburger on the Bay on Ocean Drive, the one in Portland, the one in Ingleside, or the one on Alameda over by Driscoll Hospital. Four of the best Whataburgers you'll find. Two years ago we ate at the one on Ocean Drive and like Russ said, it was really good.

Adidas410s
08-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Next time you're in Corpus (you have family there, right?) go eat at either the Whataburger on the Bay on Ocean Drive, the one in Portland, the one in Ingleside, or the one on Alameda over by Driscoll Hospital. Four of the best Whataburgers you'll find.
No family in Corpus...but when I lived down there the Whataburger was always very good. Most of the locations in Abilene were pretty good too. However, the ones in North Dallas and Midlothian (where I live and work now) are just pathetic. It makes me not even want to get fries sometimes. Oh well...I did have that new BBQ Cheddar burger yesterday...:thumbsup:

big daddy russ
08-15-2006, 08:47 AM
No family in Corpus...but when I lived down there the Whataburger was always very good. Most of the locations in Abilene were pretty good too. However, the ones in North Dallas and Midlothian (where I live and work now) are just pathetic. It makes me not even want to get fries sometimes. Oh well...I did have that new BBQ Cheddar burger yesterday...:thumbsup:
I miss their Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich and the Grilled Chicken Club with honey dijon. :crying:

Snyder_TigerFan
08-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I like Arby's curly fries. Only bad thing is that after I eat them, I taste them the rest of the day.

CHS_CG
08-15-2006, 09:36 AM
I can tell yall why mcdonald's fries are soo good and I only know this bc I used to work there and read it on our facts thing.

McDonalds fries has beef flavoring in them... if somebody ask for something that has no meat in it, they cant suggest the fries bc of the beef flavoring.

KTJ
08-15-2006, 10:22 AM
How aren't Chick-Fil-A fries considered "fries"? Just because they don't look like shoe-strings doesn't discount them as a fry.

:p

Tiger Baseball
08-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I like the steak fries at Fuddruckers....YUMMY!:D

I've been waiting for someone to mention this one, These are just to good!!!!!:D

kaorder1999
08-15-2006, 11:04 AM
i would like to change my vote to Chick-Fil-A