PDA

View Full Version : A question for Burnet......

Bandera YaYa
10-23-2003, 02:31 PM
...after our game last Friday, it seemed all of your fans poured onto our field and stayed there for a while. Is this what you nornally do after a game? I'm just asking, cuz some people thought it was wrong to do that, on another's home field. I thought it was against UIL rules to come unto the field after a game, at least last year, that's all we were told, we wanted to "rush" the field after all the playoff games, but were told we couldn't! So, just asking....don't bombard me with anything!!

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 02:43 PM
I can't answer the question as to whether or not Burnet does that all of the time, but I always thought coming on the field was up to the district... That's why TxMike is on the boards, though, he'd be able to tell us...

bd0707
10-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Yaya, this is a custom in Burnet,usually only students of all grades. The coach gathers his team for a brief talk ending in prayer, then the band ends with the school song. Burnet will likely do this where ever allowed to do so. No disrespect is intended to any school. As a matter of fact other teams visiting Burnet will often follow suit, and it is welcomed

Bandera YaYa
10-23-2003, 02:56 PM
We (fans or students) are not allowed on our field after a game, so that kind of "horrified" many of us, that ya'll were allowed to do it. I think it's great and I wish we could, but maybe it's like you said, each school district can decide....maybe someone will know for sure if it is a UIL rule...thanks for posting !

<small>[ October 23, 2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-23-2003, 03:04 PM
You know, last year during the playoffs we were told the same thing, that we were absolutely NOT allowed on the field. It was hard for the fans and the kids because we had done it at every other game throughout the year. We were told it was against the rules, and we were so scared of having ANYTHING disrupt our ride that we never did it.

But we always do it during the regular season games. I'm not sure I've seen us do that at any other out of town games, but a lot of teams have security at the gates so that no one will "charge the field" and it does work.

It is mostly so that we can pray, and visit with the players and congratulate them, etc. My son has pictures made with his favorite players, and they don the walls in our house. I love it, but like someone else said, we certainly meant no disrespect! :D

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-23-2003, 03:23 PM
sorry ya ya no disresept meant just something we have gotten in a habit good or bad may it be but my son was on field and wanted to tell him as well as other players i know good job. Sorry if we stepped on toes really not intended. i think i helps our kids to feel special and that we are a very close community. We love all the kids. Well good luck to Bandera this week!