PDA

View Full Version : I guess Vince Young just doesn't grasp the concept

Steer Fever
08-12-2006, 11:08 PM
he has some wide open receivers, what does he do, he RUNS what a suprise.

everyone knows this guy can't play from under center and he just gets the ball and runs.

i will be willing to wager 1,000 g's that this hack doesn't make it through this season or any season unscathed/injured.

he wont' last long in my opinion, things change in the NFL just ask mike vick.

bush had a good game and will have the more productive career as will Leinhart.

Vince just isn't a pro type qb. he is a legend in college ball but he won't be squash in the league. just not enough smarts and mechanics to get by in the NFL

it just makes my day when this dude makes a fool of himself by running on every down.

move him to WR if all he is going to do is run the ball.

PPHSfan
08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
one thousand g's is a million dollars. I will take that bet. I have it, do you?

Adidas410s
08-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever

everyone knows this guy can't play from under center and he just gets the ball and runs.

i will be willing to wager 1,000 g's that this hack doesn't make it through this season or any season unscathed/injured.

Vince just isn't a pro type qb. he is a legend in college ball but he won't be squash in the league. just not enough smarts and mechanics to get by in the NFL

it just makes my day when this dude makes a fool of himself by running on every down.

How's Bomar looking these days???:thinking:

Adidas410s
08-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
one thousand g's is a million dollars. I will take that bet. I have it, do you?

dang it...you beat me to the obvious remark to pick on! :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
08-12-2006, 11:14 PM

Chief! You're back!----OH, er, sorry there sf.....guess I got carried away. :D

Ranger Mom
08-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Chief! You're back!----OH, er, sorry there sf.....guess I got carried away. :D

It obviously runs in the family!!:rolleyes:

sinton66
08-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I think steer fever's panty hose is too tight

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 11:30 PM
How many times did he run? How many yards did he pick up?

turbostud
08-12-2006, 11:32 PM

So they should can every rookie NFL QB that is not perfect in his first preseason game?
How do you know that Leinhart is going to have a productive career? He hasnt even signed yet. Let me guess, Miss Cleo told you?

PPHSfan
08-12-2006, 11:36 PM
He only ran three times. He picked up about twenty yards. He had a fifty yard pass right in the open hands of a receiver that was dropped. He completed a few for ten to twenty. I guess I can go look up the box. I thought he played allright for his first game. The kid playing behind Brees for N.O. looked really good.

PPHSfan
08-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Young, the No. 3 pick overall, showed off his strong arm by throwing a pass 50 yards in the air into the hands of Roydell Williams - who couldn't hold on. He was 4-of-11 for 56 yards and ran four times for 28 yards.

sinton66
08-12-2006, 11:39 PM
HINT: you can't argue facts and logic with a buffoon.;)

KTJ
08-12-2006, 11:40 PM

You are by far the dumbest person ever in the history of this website.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 12:22 AM

I agree %100.

He was 4-of-11 for 56 yards and ran four times for 28 yards.

Impressive.:rolleyes:
Ok, lets hear it......how are the Tech qb's doing in the nfl?
I dont know about the Tech qb's, but John Saldi looked good playing for the Cowboys.

Old Tiger
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I agree %100.

Impressive.:rolleyes:
Ok, lets hear it......how are the Tech qb's doing in the nfl?
I dont know about the Tech qb's, but John Saldi looked good playing for the Cowboys. That guy will never start a game though. Reggie did have an impressive first 'Exhibition' game.

District303aPastPlayer
08-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

mark it down, i agree with KTJ

District303aPastPlayer
08-13-2006, 03:18 AM

like just a question... do you ever remove your head from your bottom orphace before you get online... or is it that you just spew out crap all the time, no one can tell the difference?

Maroon87
08-13-2006, 04:21 AM

Don't hate...appreciate. At least OU doesn't have to worry about Vince anymore.;)

Rabbit'93
08-13-2006, 10:49 AM
VY better do great things. I picked him up in the last round of my Fantasy Football draft last night. He'll be my rookie keeper. I would have rather had one of the many rook RB's but I will take a chance on VY.

Sweetwater Red
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
VY better do great things. I picked him up in the last round of my Fantasy Football draft last night. He'll be my rookie keeper. I would have rather had one of the many rook RB's but I will take a chance on VY.

I'm in 3 fantasy leagues. Michael Vick didn't even get drafted in
two of them. :thinking:

pirate4state
08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
:clap: This is funny stuff!!! :thumbsup: I didn't watch the game so I have no clue how Vince did other than what everyone has posted. So he did an okay job. Cool. I like Vince Young and obviously so do alot of us on the board, but I find it amusing that a couple of haters get on here spew their BS and the rest of you get offended or shall we say sensitive??? The same people who rag on others for being to sensitive about other things on the board. :rolleyes: Everyone needs to simma down now. It's Sunday go outside and play!!! :)

3afan
08-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

ha - not by a long shot ...........

BMOC
08-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
How's Bomar looking these days???:thinking:

:clap: :D :clap: :D

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That guy will never start a game though.
You want to bet? His dad started for the Cowboys, and I am sure he will too eventually.

Steer Fever
08-13-2006, 12:46 PM
people i'm not the only one who thinks this, there are numerous amounts of people who think vince will be a flop in the NFL,
the guy just had one good season at ut and now everyone thinks this dude is a savior. it's really sad.

this board is such a HOMER board. i mean if a person says one bad thing about a texas longhorn they will get made fun of and called a baffoon something of which was not called for, i am still waiting an apology from sinton66 of whom blantanly called me a baffoon.

i hope vince gets hurt for good and never comes back b/c at least we wont have to hear how good this guy is all the damn time. people on this board think this guy is GOD

for christ sakes v. young failed the wonderlic test. i mean how stupid can one be.

bye, bye vince

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 12:57 PM
people i'm not the only one who thinks this, there are numerous amounts of people who think vince will be a flop in the NFL,
the guy just had one good season at ut and now everyone thinks this dude is a savior. it's really sad.

this board is such a HOMER board. i mean if a person says one bad thing about a texas longhorn they will get made fun of and called a baffoon something of which was not called for, i am still waiting an apology from sinton66 of whom blantanly called me a baffoon.

i hope vince gets hurt for good and never comes back b/c at least we wont have to hear how good this guy is all the damn time. people on this board think this guy is GOD

for christ sakes v. young failed the wonderlic test. i mean how stupid can one be.

bye, bye vince

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
08-13-2006, 01:18 PM

i hope vince gets hurt for good and never comes back ....

thats unbelievable, and sad, that anyone would wish injury on someone else

.....people on this board think this guy is GOD

you can count those people on one hand ... yes there are lots of fans, but remember WHERE you are

Big Papa
08-13-2006, 01:23 PM

What the heck.....didn't vince young break the record for most wins at Texas by winning like 30 sumthin...oh wait last season we had 29 games on our schedule so i guess that statement does make sense:rolleyes: :D

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats unbelievable that anyone would wish injury on someone else

you can count those people on one hand ... yes there are lots of fans, but remember WHERE you are

Somebody on here was wishing R. Bush would get injured, so I am not suprised.
Trust me, there are more than 5 people who think VY is a God on here. Just start talking about him, and they will come flocking.:D

3afan
08-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Somebody on here was wishing R. Bush would get injured,
that too is sad

... more than 5 people who think VY is a God on here....
you MAY right about that

Big Papa
08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
I for one say little prayers to VY before i go to bed everynight:D :D

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Eagle I would like you to find where anyone here wished RB would get injured.

Right, you can't, just pulling stuff out of your a$$ again like usual.

3afan
08-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
... just pulling stuff out of your a$$ again like usual.

:eek:

BTEXDAD
08-13-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm VY and UT fan, but I did think he took off running a little too quickly on couple of plays, but he'll make things happen that way also.
Of course, taking off running is better than throwing int's which is problem most rookie QBs have.
VY threw beautiful pass that would have wound up 50-60 yd gain and possibly even td, but receiver simply dropped it.
Bush had 59 yds in six carries which sounds good, but take away the big run and he was 5 carries for 15 yds. If the def player trailing play had correct angle when Bush cut back in backfield, the play is a loss rather than the big gain.

Both VY and RB have work to do to be good pros, but why should we expect any different?

Mario has some things to work on also.

But this a great time of year anyway!

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Only TTech rookies can come in and be instant probowlers like eagle and sv think all Texas players should be.

I guess it's a good thing they both think VY is so good if he is 4/11 than that is an absolutley horrible game for a rookie QB in his very first game.

Stownhorse
08-13-2006, 02:19 PM

bye, bye vince

Dude its not our fault you sounded retarded...this is nobodys fault but your own...tell us your favorite team or player and I bet atleast 10 ppl could bash on him counting ME

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Eagle I would like you to find where anyone here wished RB would get injured.

Right, you can't, just pulling stuff out of your a$$ again like usual.

Ok, my mistake. But wishing failure upon a running back in the nfl would be the same in my book.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47653

and again here;

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44086&highlight=reggie+bush

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:30 PM
There is a difference in wishing for a player to get hurt because you are jealous and wishing for a player to not get hurt and just not be very good because he took illegal benifits.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Only TTech rookies can come in and be instant probowlers like eagle and sv think all Texas players should be.

I guess it's a good thing they both think VY is so good if he is 4/11 than that is an absolutley horrible game for a rookie QB in his very first game.

When I said "Impressive" :rolleyes:
I was being sarcastic.
Another misinterpretation by JV emmy1.

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dude its not our fault you sounded retarded...this is nobodys fault but your own...tell us your favorite team or player and I bet atleast 10 ppl could bash on him counting ME
His favorite team was OU, but he has jumped on the a&m bandwagon. Although he still thinks OU will win it all.

Eagle 1
There is a difference in wishing for a player to get hurt because you are jealous and wishing for a player to not get hurt and just not be very good because he took illegal benifits.

Whatever.:rolleyes:

Stownhorse

Does wishing work? if it does i need to start

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Like I said, you couldn't find anywhere where someone wished injury on him.

You must have a pretty big butt for all the stuff you are pulling out of it.

Stownhorse
08-13-2006, 02:33 PM
His favorite team was OU, but he has jumped on the a&m bandwagon. Although he still thinks OU will win it all.

God help botrh of those teams haha

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 02:35 PM

You must have a pretty big butt for all the stuff you are pulling out of it.

Not quite as big as your mouth.:D

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:37 PM
The comeback of a man who was yet again punked by a teenager.

This is why old people shouldn't use technology.

and thanks for noticing my mouth was big. I though the self portrait for myself in my sig was hard to see.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 02:43 PM
The comeback of a man who was yet again punked by a teenager.

Only in your dreams JV.:)

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Nope, clear as day reality right now.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
BTW JV, what high school team do you play for?

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Don't play anymore, to small.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 02:52 PM
To small? You or the team, town???

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 03:02 PM
hmmmm......:thinking:

Old Tiger
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM

bye, bye vince Wishing injury upon someone is sorry and shows the type of person you are and I do not appreciation your relgious references.

Black_Magic
08-13-2006, 03:23 PM
ANYONE who cant recognize that vince young will be a success in the NFL clearly does not know squat about football or especialy the NFL.

Old Tiger
08-13-2006, 03:26 PM
One thing that Reggie could work on is pass protection

Big Papa
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
To small? You or the team, town???

what does the town size have to do with it.....there are only a handful of towns that aren't consolidated that don;t have the numbers to play football....and alot of those are in sixman

Steer Fever
08-13-2006, 03:42 PM
to me the two most annoying and disrespectful people that post on this forum are-------

Addias410 and mr. Emerson

guys please get a hold of yourselfs and act like classy adults.
you two are so headstrung over UT and V.young that you cant' see the light and truth in things.

you guys just go around smashing on people just b/c your opinions are different than some and it's very childlike to say the least.

i wouldn't be suprised if Vyoung was busted for smoking dope here in the near future. all he has to do is ask the alunmi or his ex-teammates. "taylor" and they will be more than gracious.

o and by the way. what Bomar did was not nearly as bad as what mr. taylor did at ut. Bomar just made a boneheaded decision, and taylor well taylor did just about what every ut football star does.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
what does the town size have to do with it.....there are only a handful of towns that aren't consolidated that don;t have the numbers to play football....and alot of those are in sixman

I understand about 6-man teams, we have several around here.
There are a number of small communties who dont participate in football, thats why I asked. He wasnt very clear as to why he dont play football anymore.
"Dont play anymore, to small" meaning what?

mistanice
08-13-2006, 03:48 PM
to me the two most annoying and disrespectful people that post on this forum are-------

you two are so headstrung over UT and V.young that you cant' see the light and truth in things.

you guys just go around smashing on people just b/c your opinions are different than some and it's very childlike to say the least.

i wouldn't be suprised if Vyoung was busted for smoking dope here in the near future. all he has to do is ask the alunmi or his ex-teammates. "taylor" and they will be more than gracious.

o and by the way. what Bomar did was not nearly as bad as what mr. taylor did at ut. Bomar just made a boneheaded decision, and taylor well taylor did just about what every ut football star does.

ceux-là sont quelques mots durs

3afan
08-13-2006, 03:48 PM
... i wouldn't be suprised if Vyoung was busted for smoking dope here in the near future. ............ taylor did just about what every ut football star does.

to me this is as bad as those over-zealous defenders of VY & UT, and as bad as wishing injury on a fellow human being

IMO of course

Old Tiger
08-13-2006, 03:57 PM

o and by the way. what Bomar did was not nearly as bad as what mr. taylor did at ut. Bomar just made a boneheaded decision, and taylor well taylor did just about what every ut football star does. I wouldn't be suprised if you smoked pot. The Ramonce Taylor reference is dumb that's digging up bones. Yea Taylor did do what every football star did at UT last year and that was win a National Championship. Texas program as a whole is heads above Oklahoma's program that is full of controversy.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM

Could you explain yourself?:confused:

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:03 PM
No

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:07 PM
:clap: Who has been punked now?

Fal44
08-13-2006, 04:07 PM
well i dont know emerson or anything but he might be just a little bit to small to play football..Football is a dangerous sport and with a small body frame its worse..It doesnt even really matter if he plays football or not..you dont need to be a football player to know the game..

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Is Emerson a girl?

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:11 PM
:clap: Who has been punked now?
The few years I played I probably logged more gametime than you did. I remember a couple times where the only time I stepped off the field was with around a minute left in the game.

Fal44
I think hes a dude but i could be wrong..

3afan
Is Emerson a girl?

are you in MS? HS?

just wondering .... not trying to start anything.

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Is Emerson a girl?
Nope, unless girls play linebacker now a days.

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
are you in MS? HS?

just wondering .... not trying to start anything.
He is an old man.......knowing I a teenager and hoping I am a girl.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:14 PM
The few years I played I probably logged more gametime than you did. I remember a couple times where the only time I stepped off the field was with around a minute left in the game.

I doubt that. I was a 2 way starter for 7 years for Goldthwaite.
What team did you play for?

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:14 PM
You were in HS for 7 years?

I could of started both ways for a dinky 1a school.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:16 PM
No, we played jr high starting in the 6th grade.
Your team?

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:21 PM

What team did you play for?

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Forney, we probably could of beat your dinky little 1a school when I was a freshman.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Forney, we probably could of beat your dinky little 1a school when I was a freshman.
Yea, whatever.
Is this you?

http://www.forneysports.com/images/600_DSC08909.JPG

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Quit fantasizing old man. I'm not a teenage girl.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I was talking about the rabbit.

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Nope, I do know who that is though.

Forney has only had 1 male cheerleader ever and he was a mascot about 4 years ago. Used to be a member here to.

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Are you still in school at Forney?

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Why does it matter Mr. Lester?

Eagle 1
08-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Why does it matter Mr. Lester?

You need to read rule number 1 again.

1). Keep it clean.
Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it's the MEANING that counts.

Im just asking questions as to why you dont play football anymore, what school you support etc, and you want to accuse me of being a cm.
Whats up with that?

mistanice
08-13-2006, 04:51 PM
You need to read rule number 1 again.

1). Keep it clean.
Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it's the MEANING that counts.

Im just asking questions as to why you dont play football anymore, what school you support etc, and you want to accuse me of being a cm.
Whats up with that?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47807 this may help u out big boy

Emerson1
08-13-2006, 04:59 PM
It's obvious I meant to say Mr. Fester http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7219/lolad4.gif

http://www.communique.se/unf/temp/fester.jpg

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4413/cookie2pp7.gif

slpybear the bullfan
08-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Pretty obvious that this thread has run its course, time to lock it up.

I am sure we can start a new "I am a Homer for - - - - - - University and I hate - - - - - - player for the - - - - - - University.

:rolleyes: