PDA

View Full Version : Does Celina's streak end this week?

Matthew328
10-20-2002, 10:42 PM
I think it does....this may be the best Gainesville team since those great teams of the late 80's....if the weather holds I pick Gainesville by 14...if it gets sloppy though then Gainesville's speed edge is negated and it becomes a toss-up game..

Bulldog92
10-20-2002, 10:55 PM
Where is the game being played?

Matthew328
10-20-2002, 10:59 PM
I think it is in Celina....

Rabbit'93
10-20-2002, 11:01 PM
I say Gainsville by 14 also. Time for the history book to close this chapter.

Bulldog92
10-20-2002, 11:02 PM
I have to give Celina the nod until proven otherwise, especially if they're at home. That's gonna be a hell of a game though. :D

bulldog65
10-20-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm afraid the streak is over, Gainsville by 10.

Jacket2000
10-20-2002, 11:54 PM
Fools! All of you, fools!!! LOL
Sorry, I gotta go with Celina. G'ville is one of those teams that scare me. They do very little with alot of talent, year in and year out. So they've had a good year thus far, teams like this are prone to choke in clutch games. Plus, Celina is on the other side of the spectrum. They've been known to find ways to win games that they have no business winning,and 60+ other teams will vouch for that. Im going with Celina in a close one.
J2K

CowtownCarl
10-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Celina by 3

sinton66
10-21-2002, 12:12 AM
Right now, it looks to me that Gainsville would be about a 14 point favorite. But 60 wins in a row is very impressive. Could be a great game.

SintonFan
10-21-2002, 04:32 AM
Hmmmmm. Big game up north. District title on the line? I would normally go with the streak but talent is hard to ignore. Gainesville by 6. Celina is a bad boy at home, though. Good luck guys! :D

The One
10-21-2002, 05:09 AM
This one is not close! The streak is over!

Gainesville 35 Celina 7

aamove
10-21-2002, 05:20 AM
Gainesville by 7

Pudlugger
10-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Gainesville will end the streak in Celina Friday.
Gainesville 24- Celina 14. :rolleyes: :cool:

tigers05
10-21-2002, 08:23 AM
The Streak ends Friday, Gainesville by 14.

PPHSfan
10-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Well sports fans I finaly got my computer fixed this morning and I figured what better place to start than with this thread. First off all this game is for the district nine title and nothing more. Win lose or draw, both Gainsville and Celina grab the top two playoff spots, and Gainsville will be the D1 school with Celina grabbing the first of two D2 spots. Both of these teams will go undefeated the rest of the way with one of them having a perfect season. Pilot Point, Pottsboro, and Van Alstyne are going to have to settle for a fight for the third spot. That being said, I will be pulling for Celina in this one, and here is why I think they have a chance. Gainsville has the advantage in Size, Speed, and Talent without a doubt. BUT and this is a big BUT, Celina has the advantage in Tradition, Heart, and Big Game experience. Celina ALWAYS finds a way to win, and if there is a small school in the State of Texas that can beat Gainsville....Celina is the answer. I am not trying to take anything away from Gainsville by saying Celina has more Heart, I am simply stating a fact. The leapords are going to have to deal with the twelth man in Celina, and believe me when I say, "Celina has great fans". Even on the road they are almost always louder than the home team fans, and they have NEVER been outdone at home. Sure, Gainsville is favored in this game as they should be, but I think they are going to be in for a big surprize when the travel to the little town of Celina (population 2100) and try and figure out where the 6000 fans came from. And man that train horn is loud. Also they are going to get to stare at the scoreboard that has the words "State Champions" posted six times up on the top. (Maybe there is a reason Celina always trys to defend this end of the field at the beginning of the game :D " If Gainsville wants to win this one, they are going to need another shutout performance by their awsome defense, because Celina has a tough defense at home as well. If Celina puts 17 on the board, Celina wins this one. "Good Luck Bobcats, put all of the doubts to rest, and take it all the way"
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1034051057967_bobcat.jpg

cts76325i@skool
10-21-2002, 09:34 AM
hmmm this is a tuff choicei dunno i think i am gonna have to go with g'ville by 3.

eye of the tiger
10-21-2002, 07:13 PM
Celina by 3.

Keith7
10-21-2002, 09:49 PM
I'm not gonna say anything about the game.. cuz ya'll know who I'm obviously picking.. but I want to know when Gainesville wins this game if Jacket will finally believe in Gainesville and stop saying that we "waste" good talent.. teams of ours in the past may have done that i agree.. but our program has changed tremendously in the past 4 years.. I think this year it is starting to show..

bigbullbacker
10-21-2002, 10:26 PM
If it rains celina by 6, if it doesn't celina by 7
Good to have u back pphs

FBmania
10-21-2002, 10:59 PM
If this game is close in the 4th qtr Celina will pull it out. I think it's going to take a playoff team on a neutral field to take 'em down.

WpSr03
10-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Gainesville is way too much for Celina, and they are going to finally see what a top 3a team means. Gainesville means biz this year, and Celina will ABSOLUTELY not prove otherwise. Rain or not, G'ville will blow Celina away. It's time for the streak to end, and for all of 3a to finally see that Celina is not even a top 10 3a team... G'ville by 21+, doubt Celina will even put 14 on the board.

PPHSfan
10-22-2002, 12:18 AM
WpSr03:
Gainesville is way too much for Celina, and they are going to finally see what a top 3a team means. Gainesville means biz this year, and Celina will ABSOLUTELY not prove otherwise. Rain or not, G'ville will blow Celina away. It's time for the streak to end, and for all of 3a to finally see that Celina is not even a top 10 3a team... G'ville by 21+, doubt Celina will even put 14 on the board.WpSr03,

I have gone back and looked at a whole bunch of your posts that involve Celina and I must say this "I really do honestly believe you hate this team". I don't know for sure if you are just jealous of their ranking because of how well Wills Point has played, or if you just hate the fact that a small school like Celina could have a great football team. Yes the larger schools have the advantage in Depth, and Selection, but there are a few small towns around this Great State that just happen to be "Football Factories", and Celina is one of them. Only 11 players are allowed on the field at a time, and the words top 3A team don't really mean anything. Celina has been beating 3A and 4A teams in preseason for years, and this game will be anything but a blowout. The only team Gainsville has "blown out" this year was burkburnett and they are a 4A team (imagine that), and they almost lost to Bonham. If Celina beats Gainsville this friday, what will you say then? Will they still be overated? If they lose to Gainsville by 6 points, will they still be overated? If they beat Gainsville will they just be lucky? I have enjoyed reading alot of your posts...you are definatly a die hard Wills Point fan, no doubt about it. But I think you hate Celina with the same passion. Course thats just my opinion, I am probably wrong.

sinfan75
10-22-2002, 04:46 AM
I'll take Celina by a TD.

aamove
10-22-2002, 05:20 AM
It should be Gainesville by 7.

BigRedfan
10-22-2002, 11:13 AM
The winning streak will continue. Celina by 6. eek! wink :D :) :cool: :rolleyes: :p

Fletch
10-22-2002, 01:13 PM
What's the noise about Celina "finally seeing what a top 3a team means"? Shoot, they've only been in 3A seven weeks! They're the smallest school in the classification. Jealousy is a nasty smelling cologne.

this is the way we ball
10-22-2002, 02:02 PM
If Celina wants to be the best then they have got to beat the best. We will all find out Friday if Celina is all that. So far I haven't seen either team play, but I was impressed with Gainesville's win over Bridgeport. Celina hasn't beaten anyone this year. :cool:

PPHSfan
10-22-2002, 04:25 PM
this is the way we ball
If Celina wants to be the best then they have got to beat the best. We will all find out Friday if Celina is all that. So far I haven't seen either team play, but I was impressed with Gainesville's win over Bridgeport. Celina hasn't beaten anyone this year. That last part makes me laugh.
http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emoticons/bullshit_flag.gif

Keith7
10-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Looks go be a good game

MKA
10-22-2002, 10:16 PM
:cool: Celina deserves a little more respect. That streak is not all that shabby. They moved up to 3A this year and still haven't lost a game.
There Defense is auwsome. If it's at home I'm going with the guys who still haven't been beat and know how to win the BIG GAME. Good Luck Celina !!!!!!

Matthew328
10-22-2002, 10:29 PM
PPHS fan what was so funny about Celina not beating anyone?? I'd say that is a fair assessment..Pilot Point is a pretty good team but other than that? Pottsboro is OK...DeLeon, Pinkston, Sanger, Lake Dallas, Little Elm? No teams that are very good there...of course Gainesville hasn't exactly been beating up on the cream of the crop either..but beating Bridgeport 38-14 certianly made me a believer..Gainesville is super talented...I just have a feeling the streak ends...Gainesville is legit they are a defintite threat to win the Region...but hey if Ceina makes it 65..I'll be the first one to say I was wrong..

WpSr03
10-22-2002, 10:36 PM
PPHSfan,

I do not necessarily hate Celina. Never been there, never met a person from there, and never actually seen 'em play. I hate the fact that everyone is so wowed by Celina's past 2a accomplishments that they overlook everything else and praise the team to no end. If they manage to beat Gainsville, then I will call them a worthy opponent, and I will admit that I was wrong. I won't count a team out, but I sure as hell ain't gonna bandwagon a team that has done nothing in terms of definative wins this year...

PPHSfan
10-22-2002, 10:46 PM
Well let me ask you just one question then WP. If you were in charge of the polls where would you rate a team that has won 64 games in a row? It really does not matter what class they just moved in to, which would be the bigger injustice, rating them HIGH until they get beat? (So far this year in 3A they are 7-0, and there is not a team in 3A 4A or 2A (with one exception)that has a winning record against them since they started playing 60 yrs ago. Or rating them low until they win ten in a row? I really would be interested in your answer as to where you would rate them. Please respond. Thanks.

WpSr03
10-22-2002, 11:06 PM
You do indeed make a good point. I like having someone throw things at me like that and not just saying "You retard Celina is awesome and WP sux!" I would definately not rate them low, but I would not rate them in the top 10 around the beginning of the season (as they were). I'm not a big person on the past when judging a team in the present. Even good coaches get bad groups. I just put it in my own view: Celina is great, though these 3a 4a teams they have beaten in the past were not exactly awesome teams as far as I know; The competition throughout 3a Texas this year is ridiculously fierce, some of the best I have seen in awhile, and so far Celina has yet to play any of the top 10, though that REALLY doesn't mean so much (you made a good point on that); Mainly, it is the truckfull of awesome teams in 3a this year that make's me reserve myself the little 2a team that could... Top 20, that's a great honor for any team this year with the amount of talent in this 3a classification, but assumptions based on past performance of a fairly untested team with a fine coaching staff still isn't justifiable to me when polling against the 3a powerhouses this year...

Keith7
10-23-2002, 06:04 PM

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

tors2002
10-23-2002, 10:09 PM
I am gonna give the respect to Celina that they have desrved over the last 60+ games. No Matter who they have played that is downright impressive to win that many in a row. I watched a special on FOX Sports about them and it seems that there tradition, coaching, and pride is top notch. Until they lose, I will go with Celina. The respect they have earned is well past due.

BportFan
10-23-2002, 10:42 PM
I think Celina wins this game. Gainesville is a good team with good athletes and great speed. Gainesville is not a disciplined team and Celina is. Also, Celina will be able to slow down the running attack. I think Gainesville would win if they had a better passing game. Celina wins bby 4.

Fletch
10-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Celina can win if they play solid football for 4 quarters, something they haven't done yet this year. Since this game means nothing for the playoffs, I was worried about the motivation of the players after the emotional Pilot Point game last week. But now seeing all of the Gainesville trash talk, I think they will not have a problem getting up. It would be a shame to lose to a no-class outfit like that. Celina by 4!