man...its weird seeing Ellis at Linebacker

kaorder1999
08-12-2006, 09:12 PM
horrible first series for the Cowboys

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
man...its weird seeing Ellis at Linebacker

It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
horrible first series for the Cowboys

You don't like:

1. Dropped Pass

2. False Start

3. Fumbled Snap

4. Dropped Pass

5. Fumble Snap - Short Punt

Bullaholic
08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
I couldn't wait for it to get here....now it's here......now I remember how much I don't like preseason games---penalty every other play. I sure like HS football a whole lot better.....

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I couldn't wait for it to get here....now it's here......now I remember how much I don't like preseason games---penalty every other play. I sure like HS football a whole lot better.....

The refs need practice too.

Bullaholic
08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Romo has got "game"....

sinton66
08-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Good TD drive of 89 yds and good drive from their own 15 for a field goal. Boys 10, Seattle 3 with 2 mins in the half.

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Romo has got "game"....

First Half

12 of 15 for 154 yards 1TD

3 carries for 14 yards

Romo's first two passes of the game were dropped. He then completed his next 12 passes. His last pass, which was his 3rd incompletion, was really his only bad pass of the half.

piratebg
08-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
First Half

12 of 15 for 154 yards 1TD

3 carries for 14 yards

Romo's first two passes of the game were dropped. He then completed his next 12 passes. His last pass, which was his 3rd incompletion, was really his only bad pass of the half.

Those numbers aren't that bad at all. He really is looking good right now.

KTJ
08-12-2006, 10:46 PM
We are on a hour tape delay here in Austin. I'm liking what I see so far.

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 10:49 PM
The Cowboys receivers are surprising me.

sinton66
08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Hurd looks real good. San Antonio Breck kid.

wos fan1
08-12-2006, 11:06 PM
The OL is looking good as well.

Bullaholic
08-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
The OL is looking good as well.

I give em' credit---they are doing a good job tonight, but a lot of those Seahawks are 2nd stringers. It remains to be seen if they do this against players like Freeny and Strahan, but it looks good tonight.

kepdawg
08-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I give em' credit---they are doing a good job tonight, but a lot of those Seahawks are 2nd stringers. It remains to be seen if they do this against players like Freeny and Strahan, but it looks good tonight.

Well, most people think most of the guys on the Cowboys line are no more than 2nd stringers, so it's even! ;)

sinton66
08-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Defense seems to be doing okay too.

kepdawg
08-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Romo has got "game"....

19 of 25 for 235 yards 1TD 0 INT

5 carries for 18 yards

formermbcouns
08-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Man, Romo looks good tonight!

piratebg
08-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Romo had a great game.

The O-line held there ground.

The Defense did an great job.

I know that it is only a preseason game, but Dallas really looked good, despite not having TO or Drew Bledsoe driving the offense.

piratebg
08-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Dallas 13, Seattle 3

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By GREGG BELL, AP Sports Writer
August 13, 2006

AP - Aug 13, 2:05 am EDT
More Photos

SEATTLE (AP) -- Dallas coach Bill Parcells wanted to see Tony Romo play, and the quarterback was happy to oblige.

Drew Bledsoe's backup played the entire game and completed 19 of 25 passes for 235 yards and one touchdown in the Terrell Owens-less Cowboys' 13-3 win over the sloppy Seattle Seahawks on Saturday night.

Owens, who stayed back in training camp with other injured Cowboys, may or may not have watched from Oxnard, Calif. Dallas' newest star is recovering from a strained hamstring.

Bledsoe watched from the sidelines wearing a full uniform and a blue baseball cap, simply because Parcells wanted to see Romo play.

And he did. Impressively.
Romo was especially sharp in the first half, going 12-of-15 for 154 yards on scoring drives of 12 and 15 plays.

He also mimicked his veteran coach afterward. When asked about Romo shining, Parcells said, "Why don't we start on the other end? He fumbled two snaps. You can't do that."

Romo's initial assessment of his most -- and most successful -- playing time since he was a Division I-AA national player of the year at Eastern Illinois in 2002?

"Honestly, I think more about the things I didn't do," said Romo, who didn't throw a pass in the regular season in his first three years in the NFL. "Two fumbled snaps ... that stuff sticks with me after a game."

After his first dropped snap on Dallas' mistake-filled opening drive, Romo completed 12 passes in a row. Six were on Dallas' 15-play, 89-yard drive that ended with a 9-yard touchdown throw to Patrick Crayton late in the opening quarter.

Crayton ran past Pro Bowl linebacker Lofa Tatupu and in front of safety Mike Green, who was starting while Michael Boulware recovers from offseason knee surgery. Two other Seahawks defensive starters were out with injuries.

Crayton limped off at halftime with a sprained right ankle and did not return. Parcells said he doesn't think the injury was too serious.

Romo completed five more in row with the second-team offense on Dallas' second scoring drive. Three of those completions came in succession against Seattle's top draft pick, rookie Kelly Jennings, who is battling veteran Kelly Herndon for the starting left cornerback job.

Crayton's 33-yard juggling reception and run against Jennings set up Mike Vanderjagt's 21-yard field goal late in the first half.

Jamaica Rector made a spinning, leaping catch behind Jennings for 18 yards on a third-quarter drive. That ended with backup kicker Shaun Suisham plunking a 34-yard field goal off the center of the crossbar.

"I've got to work on that underthrown fade route," Jennings said.

Reigning league MVP Shaun Alexander rushed six times for 13 yards before leaving with the rest of the defending NFC champions' starting offensive backs and receivers early in the second quarter. Matt Hasselbeck was 4-of-6 for 43 yards passing.

His backup, Seneca Wallace, played until midway through the fourth quarter and was 11-of-17 for 117 yards. He was sacked four times.

Seattle's first-team offense, which led the league in scoring last season, gained 56 yards on 14 plays and scored three points.

"That wasn't us out there," Hasselbeck said.

Coach Mike Holmgren said: "On the whole, I thought we were a little bit sloppier than we have been in other first preseason games.

"I was a little disappointed, to be honest."

Anthony Fasano, Dallas' second-round pick in the draft, started at H-back. A Romo pass sailed high through his hands to end the opening drive.

That play included Seattle safety Ken Hamlin's first true hit since he fractured his skull in an October street fight -- a first that Holmgren had acknowledged he was anxious to see. Hamlin came in late on Fasano and pushed his hands and head at the rookie's face.

"I'm all right," Hamlin said. "I was fooling around, having fun. This was just a tease for the regular season."

Bull's-eye
08-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Let's say that Bledsoe doesn't look so good in the remaining pre-season games. Do we have a QB change? I think Romo may be the kind of QB that Parcells wants running his offense. He is more mobile than Bledsoe, thus he can avoid the negative plays(sacks). Not too flashy, but seems to be very accurate in the short and medium passing game. Romo may be the field general that this teams needs. Only one game, but does the name Tom Brady ring a bell. Parcells doesn't need a QB to carry this team, just someone to push the right buttons.

Get ready for those low scoring games. Last nite's game (13-3) may be a typical Cowboy's score. Dallas only wins by 10 points, but the game never appeared in doubt. Cowboys will win with defense and a very conservative offense. Lots of running and a short passing game. They will take their shots into the end zone after forcing teams to stop their short game. Starting to look like a "Parcells" type team.

pantherpop
08-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I hope the Cowboys don't play so conservative that they rely on their defense to come up with a stop at the end of the game for a victory. They lost enough of those last season even though I really think that this will be one of the better defenses in the NFL. If they have all these weapons on offense they should have no problem putting 20+ points on the board.

JasperDog94
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Dallas only wins by 10 points, but the game never appeared in doubt. Remeber the Redskins game last year?:( :( :(