PDA

View Full Version : Intersquad scrimmages

WOS1
08-12-2006, 12:14 PM
If anyone went to the intersquad scrims, let me know what you saw...

WO-S has plenty of speed and quickness and some size for a change. The #1 defense kept the # 1 offense pretty bottled up, but I guess that's to be expected. Hopefully, the defense will be our strength. It's just hard to tell when your playing yourselves.

Gobbler Fan
08-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Cuero had their Green and White scrimmage ----- We will have more depth than we have had in quite a while on the line . The First team O looked real sharp along with the first team D . Plenty of speed on both sides of the ball . The TB position will be something to watch with 4 backs being interchangable and not losing anything when someone else goes in *Speed/Quickness, Speed/Power*. The line will be huge once again for Cuero with a couple of new faces to go along with the returnees . On defense I came in thinking the DB and LB position would be the strong point but the line may have changed my mind today they looked ready to put the hurtin on a few teams . Like I said the depth will help Cuero out with players being interchangable along the line and at other position's on O and D.

mistanice
08-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I went to see Diboll. We have 3 QB's that can hold their own whenever called upon. 2 are very mobile. Gilbert Moye was looking good, one thing I noticed is that he was a pass first QB today. He was able to stand in the pocket and find a WR.

Many weapons on offense, and I don't see how they can't make the playoffs. DCTF has them finishing 4th, and that's not going to happen. I believe Rusk will be sitting at home come playoff time, even with Sturns at QB. They have mostly all new coaches, and I hear some of their TOP players have moved.

The recievers will be stacked as they have 4-5 at 6'2 or taller, and decent speed. Freshman has a 6'5 13 yr old at TE who should be a monster in the years to come.

DIboll will scrimmage Center next saturday in Diboll. Center probably has the toughest scedule in 3a.

44INAROW
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero had their Green and White scrimmage ----- We will have more depth than we have had in quite a while on the line . The First team O looked real sharp along with the first team D . Plenty of speed on both sides of the ball . The TB position will be something to watch with 4 backs being interchangable and not losing anything when someone else goes in *Speed/Quickness, Speed/Power*. The line will be huge once again for Cuero with a couple of new faces to go along with the returnees . On defense I came in thinking the DB and LB position would be the strong point but the line may have changed my mind today they looked ready to put the hurtin on a few teams . Like I said the depth will help Cuero out with players being interchangable along the line and at other position's on O and D.

Yea, what Gobbler Fan said :) I also noticed that there didn't seem to be the usual "confusion" you sometimes see at the 1st intersquad scrimmage. Looking forward to a great season this year:clap: :clap:

wos fan1
08-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
If anyone went to the intersquad scrims, let me know what you saw...

WO-S has plenty of speed and quickness and some size for a change. The #1 defense kept the # 1 offense pretty bottled up, but I guess that's to be expected. Hopefully, the defense will be our strength. It's just hard to tell when your playing yourselves. WOS1..This is the biggest as for as size goes that WOS has been since 2000 when we were 4A. You agree?

WOS1
08-14-2006, 12:23 AM
I never thought the 2000 team was all that big. This year is probably bigger. Big don't translate into W's though. Look at the 04 team.

pancho villa
08-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Columbia won their intersquad game. I hope we win some more.

raider red 2000
08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
pancho- i am glad to see that yall won the game :)

LH Panther Mom
08-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Columbia won their intersquad game. I hope we win some more.
Ours was a tie for first string. ;)

We've got some work to do with returning players moving to new positions, some moving D to O, and some new-to-varsity players. Considering we lost all but one of our OL starters to graduation, I thought the team looked good. It can difficult to see how both sides look when you're playing yourself.

WOS1
08-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Yes it is...:D

Gobbla2001
08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

I'm now even more excited...