PDA

View Full Version : Run or Pass?

Pudlugger
10-29-2002, 08:29 PM
What do you like best as a fan, a team that runs the ball right at the defense or one that spreads it out for the pass? I remember the great wishbone teams out of Oaklahoma in the 70's with little Joe Washington running up and down the field. I get bored watching UT throw the ball on first, second and third down then punt. A big tough back like Cedric ought not have to be alone in the backfield running into a brick wall. And whatever happened to blocking? Is it now illegal to stay low, hit hard and drive off the line of scrimmage? Every lineman in the Pros these days stands up and holds ! Man, I miss the old days. What do you think? :cool:

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

sinton66
10-29-2002, 09:03 PM
There is a lot to be said for a well co-ordinated running attack. I love the wing-t offense. In the hands of a coach that knows how to run the wing-t, it can be a thing of great beauty. Precision blocking and great ball handling, mixed with a little finesse, makes for a machine like performance. I've often wondered how this offense would do on a bigger scale like major colleges or the pros. I do think it is necessary to be able to throw the ball at almost any level of this game, but it would not be my first option.

bigbullbacker
10-29-2002, 10:06 PM
we throw the ball alot but I would like a more balance attack.....

cts76325i
10-29-2002, 10:15 PM
i like the pass and how explosive it can be but i love the bustin heads and taken names kinda runnin
they are both great so its a toss up

Gobbla2001
10-29-2002, 10:16 PM
I like to see the ball ran... But I believe in 3A you need about 60% run and 40% pass... But I do not think you need an 'air it out' passing game...

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

bubbabrown07
10-30-2002, 08:17 PM
I believe that a strong running attack, if done right, keeps the ball for longer and eventually wears out the D, making it my preference. I'm just like most other fans, I love to see the big pass, but when it comes down to muscling the opponent, the running game is a must.....